Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all! not only new to overlanding but also new to offroading also! just bought my first offroad vehicle a 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland and already started getting her all kitted out! but here is some info on myself:

Rig: 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Experience: not much at all but love learning as i go!
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Any and all advice / help / guidance is welcome.

Take Care!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Hey Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Ken from Texas. GX470 with some cool camping mods. Working on a little suspension upgrades down the roadView attachment 251405
Hello Ken (@VikingKT ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. What part of the state are you from? If you're close to Central Texas, we have a monthly meeting in Georgetown tomorrow (3/4/23) with a trip planned to Hidden Falls. Would enjoy meeting you there >>> US Southwest - Hidden Falls Adventure Park

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

East Texas has this meetup: Tyler/East Texas Meetup

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Vagabond Jim

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Albany, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Werner
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers.
I’m a new member amazed by the resources available here.
A lifelong outdoor enthusiast, I’m just beginning to explore the beauty of remote regions of the world.
I drive a personalized, ever evolving 2002 4Runner for my adventures.
US Dept. of Interior lands, National Parks, Forests, BLM is where I explore and find adventures.

Attachments

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

A lifelong outdoor enthusiast, I’m just beginning to explore the beauty of remote regions of the world.
US Dept. of Interior lands, National Parks, Forests, BLM is where I explore and find adventures.
Jim, Welcome to the OB community! Your right, lots of resources here with great members. Your pictures are great, especially the ones of the animals. Sounds like you have had some great adventures already, with more on the way.

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Jim - welcome to the OB community from Illinois. It looks like your rig is perfectly set up for your many adventures. It’s also hard not to notice how well your photography skills are. Those are some beautiful pictures.

Vagabond Jim

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
James
Last Name
Werner
Member #

Jim - welcome to the OB community from Illinois. It looks like your rig is perfectly set up for your many adventures. It’s also hard not to notice how well your photography skills are. Those are some beautiful pictures.
Thanks. Vehicle mod is never ending work in progress. Photography skills also wip.

Vagabond Jim

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
James
Last Name
Werner
Member #

Jim, Welcome to the OB community! Your right, lots of resources here with great members. Your pictures are great, especially the ones of the animals. Sounds like you have had some great adventures already, with more on the way.
Thanks. Looking forward to getting off grid soon.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo James
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Welcome to OB! You're kid will love the overlanding adventures.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello James, welcome to Overland Bound.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey James, welcome to Overland Bound - and great to have another person join from the Bay Area!

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Nice pics! Wellcome to OB!