freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all! not only new to overlanding but also new to offroading also! just bought my first offroad vehicle a 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland and already started getting her all kitted out! but here is some info on myself:

Rig: 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Experience: not much at all but love learning as i go!
Hello all! not only new to overlanding but also new to offroading also! just bought my first offroad vehicle a 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland and already started getting her all kitted out! but here is some info on myself:

Hello Pete

Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Boun

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Any and all advice / help / guidance is welcome.

Take Care!
Hello Dee, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Hello Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Hallo patrick
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Ken from Texas. GX470 with some cool camping mods. Working on a little suspension upgrades down the roadView attachment 251405
Welcome from Germany Ken! Love those GXs. Had the European version (Prado) for a few years. I look forward to following your adventures!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome from Germany Patrick! Good luck with search - I’m sure something will turn up!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Patrick, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Ken from Texas. GX470 with some cool camping mods. Working on a little suspension upgrades down the roadView attachment 251405
Ken, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Nice looking tent/awning setup, we have the same awning and love it.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Patrick and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Ken
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Any and all advice / help / guidance is welcome.

Take Care!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is @freak4life

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! Jerry here in the Los Angeles area with a '17 4x4 Sprinter, getting into overlanding to spend time out in nature with my now 2 yr old son.

Would like to learn more about dispersed camping. Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jerry
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all I'm Travis and brand new to the overlanding world. I come from the rock crawling world in my 87 toyota 4runner or what was left of it... lol . I live in Granbury tx and look forward to exploring not only texas but the surrounding states aswell. I finally gave in and sold my rock rig and started converting my 99 chevy silverado for overlanding. Here is a few pics.
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.