Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hello all! not only new to overlanding but also new to offroading also! just bought my first offroad vehicle a 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland and already started getting her all kitted out! but here is some info on myself:

Rig: 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Experience: not much at all but love learning as i go!
Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. You live in an amazing area for overlanding and off-roading. I used to live in Chandler and would often go off-roading in the Superior area(Woodpecker trail, Ajax mine, etc.). There are so many more amazing areas too. Enjoy the new adventure.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello all! not only new to overlanding but also new to offroading also! just bought my first offroad vehicle a 2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland and already started getting her all kitted out! but here is some info on myself:

Welcome!

deevee

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida, USA
First Name
Dee
Last Name
Veloper
Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Any and all advice / help / guidance is welcome.

Take Care!

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Take Care!
Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. I hope you and your son will find the community helpful in preparing you for a lot of adventure.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Take Care!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Take Care!
Hallo Dee
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello all I'm Travis and brand new to the overlanding world. I come from the rock crawling world in my 87 toyota 4runner or what was left of it... lol . I live in Granbury tx and look forward to exploring not only texas but the surrounding states aswell. I finally gave in and sold my rock rig and started converting my 99 chevy silverado for overlanding. Here is a few pics.
Travis, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Going to be a big difference heading off road with a roof over your head:) Looks like you have a nice well protected parking spot at work..lol

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Take Care!
Dee, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Pete, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Love the flag insert in the grill!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Take Care!
Hi Dee and welcome to Overland Bound!

Gretings from Europe,
Bjoern

Overland Ewack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wacker
Member #

Take Care!
Welcome to the community from PA!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Hello Patrick. Welcome to the OB community.

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Welcome to the OB community from Illinois. I hope you find the 4Runner you’re looking for.