Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
John from Wilmington, NC. I recently aqcuired a 03 GX470. Pretty fresh a overlanding in a 4 wheeled vehicles but have more experience on motorcycles.
Hi John,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
What's up everyone. My name is Eddie. I have my 3rd 4runner and for the first time, i want to build it up. Got some stuff ordered already. Building it for overlanding specifically! Can't wait for this journey. Definitely a newbie, want to learn. Can't wait to meet some local peeps! Northern California, Rocklin area.
Hi Eddie. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi all! Excited to find this community!

Location - Albuquerque, NM
Rig - 2011 Kia Sorento AWD (no mods, just a roof top carrier and hitch basket). Nothing fancy, but gets us where we want to go.
Overlanding Experience - still would say a novice. We started car camping in 2017 with our then 4 year old. Started with developed campgrounds in National/State parks. Made some friends who opened us up to the world of dispersed camping, and we mostly do that now. Trips are now almost exclusively camping off forest roads in National Forests or on BLM land.

View attachment 250514
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi from BC, Canada. Just bought an old Disco 1 for cheap. Having fun repairing and completely servicing it myself. Learning as I go.

Suspension upgrades are up next and a nice big roof rack. Hope to be able to camp remotely in it very soon.

Wish me luck!
Hi Andrei. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

MGpoolguy82

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Grenier
Member #

Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
I have camped all my life but the idea of over landing is fairly new.
View attachment 250394
Welcome from Nor Cal!. Badass Excursion.

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
John from Wilmington, NC. I recently aqcuired a 03 GX470. Pretty fresh a overlanding in a 4 wheeled vehicles but have more experience on motorcycles.
Johnathan - Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. I also have a GX. It is my hopes to build it out into my overlanding rig. They are a super capable machine. Looking forward to seeing what you do to yours.

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Greeting everyone! I'm from the Shenandoah Valley area in Virginia.
I've been interested in overlanding for a long time now. My experience has been driving to campsites or backpacking so this is all new so far. I've never had a vehicle I could really take into the mountains until 2 days ago. Finally got the car I've been wanting for many years. I bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx edition. The wilderness was just a bit too expensive haha. But seeing what some people are doing with even just stock Outbacks has impressed me. This will be the daily/family car in addition to going out off-roading with the kid (the wife is definitely not an outdoor person). I'm excited to meet everyone here and learn all I can.

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Hello everyone, I'm new to the idea of overlanding but I've been interested for a long time. Just purchased a 2023 Subaru Outback and I'm excited to start exploring and getting my car a little dirty in the mountains here in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. I'm looking forward to learning from others here and meeting those that are local!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

I've been interested in overlanding for a long time now. My experience has been driving to campsites or backpacking so this is all new so far. I've never had a vehicle I could really take into the mountains until 2 days ago. Finally got the car I've been wanting for many years. I bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx edition. The wilderness was just a bit too expensive haha. But seeing what some people are doing with even just stock Outbacks has impressed me. This will be the daily/family car in addition to going out off-roading with the kid (the wife is definitely not an outdoor person). I'm excited to meet everyone here and learn all I can.
Hey Bobby, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Bobby,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Bobby
Welcome to OBO
Thanks for the intro
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Welcome aboard to the OB community from Illinois. I hope you find this community very helpful as you explore and make many adventures in your new rig.