Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey everyone! Just found this app and figured I would join up! My name's Dreux, I live in Coastal VA. Long time camper, newbie offroader! I just did my first "Overlanding" trip over New years weekend and loved it. My cousin and I checked out Peters Mill Run and stayed at the camp on the trail. I'm running a stock 17 Tacoma with a bedrack setup and newly acquired RTT! Currently planning some more weekend get aways, and am excited to meet like minded people!
Hallo Dreux
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Dreux2

Rank III

Traveler III

Gloucester, Gloucester County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Dreux
Last Name
Elliott II
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4BTQ
Hello everyone,

I'm Michael, 54 from Emmerich, Germany near the Dutch border. My Toyota GRJ78 got his first home in December 2021 and makes me absolutely happy! I oded the bushtaxi because of the offroad and outdoor assortiment, folding Camper and teardrops we sell! Joyce and Jeroen from the Netherlands and me information about the community and invited me to join. So here I am! Hope to see you guys in Europe!

Gratings from western Germany

Michael
Welcome! That's a sweet rig!

Micha_TROOPY

Rank III

Contributor III

Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Daams
Member #

Service Branch
Outdoor/Offroad
Hello everyone,

I'm Michael, 54 from Emmerich, Germany near the Dutch border. My Toyota GRJ78 got his first home in December 2021 and makes me absolutely happy! I oded the bushtaxi because of the offroad and outdoor assortiment, folding Camper and teardrops we sell! Joyce and Jeroen from the Netherlands and me information about the community and invited me to join. So here I am! Hope to see you guys in Europe!

Michael
Hi Michael,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thank you for your detailed introduction. Great Troopy! Enjoy!

Take a look at the Rally Points for planned events in Europe. There you can filter by region. Germany, for example, belongs to the MidEurope region of Europe. We also do a virtual campfire once a month, there are always members from many regions of Europe. Just join us next time if you like.

Emmerich is not that far away from Kalkar. Maybe 20mins drive. We will meet with several members at the 4x4 rhein-waal expo in March. Checkout the corresponding Rally Point and join us if you like.

If you have any questions just ask, please. Alway happy to help.

Cheers,
Bjoern
Thanks! Yes, it's about 20 min away and I'm part of the expo with OLC-Adventure and there for all 3 days. I'm also at the expo campsite. Hope to see you there!

Micha_TROOPY

Rank III

Contributor III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Daams
Member #

Service Branch
Outdoor/Offroad
Hey everyone! Just found this app and figured I would join up! My name's Dreux, I live in Coastal VA. Long time camper, newbie offroader! I just did my first "Overlanding" trip over New years weekend and loved it. My cousin and I checked out Peters Mill Run and stayed at the camp on the trail. I'm running a stock 17 Tacoma with a bedrack setup and newly acquired RTT! Currently planning some more weekend get aways, and am excited to meet like minded people!
Welcome from a newbie

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dreux, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Michael
Hello Michael, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi, I'm Danny but you can call me Importman
Locaiton: Eastern SC for now but in about 4 months I'll be retiring and moving to Western NC
Rig: 05 4Runner SR5. Ironman 3/2 lift sitting on TRD Pro Black Matte rims and 275/70/17 General Grabber ATx tires.
I guess my story is I love the outdoors and used to do a fair amount of rv camping. About 12 years ago I got into hiking and backpacking and loved it. That lasted for several years (hiked about 75 miles of the AT in GA, NC and Tn,), but my body had other plans. Between my age, (now 64) and rheumatoid arthritis my hiking days are pretty much over other than some really short day hikes. So in the last few years my outdoor fun has been mostly just cruising the FS roads in Western NC and Eastern Tn. And I do enjoying kayaking flat water in the mountains. And occasional car camping in the GSMNP. So I'd like to take the next step and do some overlanding.
My experience level I would say is above beginner but below expert. Between backpacking, camping, hiking and being a lifelong auto technician (now I'm a high school auto tech teacher), I feel fairly confident in my ability to stay safe in the wilderness. I think the only thing I would worry about would be that if I needed to walk out more than 5 miles or so it could be a bit of a problem.
I'm looking forward to conversing with you all and learning how much I really don't know.
Welcome to Overland Bound Importman.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi Dreux. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello everyone,

Michael
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA. Very nice rig Michael.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Dreux, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello everyone,

Michael
Michael, Welcome to Overland Bound, really nice looking setup you are running, and the background is not to shabby either.

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Welcome to Overland Bound. See you on the trails...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone,

Michael
Welcome from Ohio, USA

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone,

Michael
Greetings Michael, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

Michael
Welcome To Overland Bound Michael
There is a large Overland Bound community in mid Europe, @El-Dracho and @XC70_OVERLANDER are two great contacts near you.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hello everyone,

Michael
Hej Michael. Welcome. If you need anything let me know. Happy to help.

Micha_TROOPY

Rank III

Contributor III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Daams
Member #

Service Branch
Outdoor/Offroad
Hello everyone,

Michael
Thanks, maybe we see us this afternoon in Terborg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Dreux
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hello everyone,

Michael
Thanks, maybe we see us this afternoon in Terborg
Won’t make it this weekend. But if you attend the meet-up I am sure it will be a good start.