Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
My names Daniel and I'm from Charlotte,TN. Just getting started in the overland hobby although I've had jeeps for a long time and wheeled them from time to time. I have a 21 jeep gladiator mojave and a 01 jeep wrangler.The gladiator has a rtt and we have started using that lately. Looking to find new places to camp and meet people who like to do the same.
Welcome from Ohio. We explore Kentucky/Tennessee quite a bit. Hope to see you on the trail....

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi there, I am Kim and I have always been an outdoorsy chick due to being in the outdoors camping, fishing and hiking my whole life... I’m from North of Seattle, WA

Overlanding and Off-roading became real about 3 years after I purchased my Purple 2018 Jeep Rubicon!!

I’ve been Overlanding for almost 2 years now. I love the freedom and adventure it brings and I’m always looking forward to meeting new trail family, traveling and seeing the outdoors in a 4Wheel point of view.

My vehicle is a Purple 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU edition. By the way her name is Rubi... As for Modifications...she has a 2 1/2” lift, 35” BFG K02’s and She drives like a Cadillac!!

Rubi is definitely not a pavement princess and has gotten dirty on many trails over the past 2 years!! I have 2 older big dogs (ages 13 yrs & 11yrs) Keeta & Blaze who love to go for rides!! They’ve been on every trip!!

Mark and I Started out with ground tent, coolers and a lot of totes…. but soon after we started overlanding we upgraded to a RTT, and love it! We also have a fridge/freezer, and just changed over from kitchen totes to building a camp box so everything is in one box. We Also added a diesel heater that works great for when we do winter camping!!

I am Very anxious to get out there. My main goal is to be outdoors and living my best life having fun and meeting new people!

Opinions and advice are greatly appreciated!
Welcome from Ohio...!

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello there. I have been interested in off-roading since i was a kid. I now find myself in the position to actually start over-landing, as i love camping as well. I hope to learn a lot from everyone!!

A friend of mine is on this journey with me, he just picked up a 2022 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (im kinda jealous). So anything taught to me will in turn be taught to him.

Vehicle-2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4
Welcome to Overland Bound...!

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Guess I should make one of these now. Hi there, I'm JD. I hail from the Southeast and live in what is probably the best part of Alabama. I daily drive my 2020 Toyota Tacoma SR5. I try to flirt with the line between fully capable, but also still affordable to commute to work or gettin the groceries. While I grew up riding dirt and muddy roads in South Alabama and Florida, I still consider myself a novice when it comes to offroading. I got very heavily into backpacking during college and have always loved the outdoors and nature. I got to walk through places like the Tetons backcountry or the Zion Wilderness and saw places I never thought a poor Alabama boy like me would ever get to experience. I've been following the Overland Bound approach for years starting back when I still drove a Nissan Rogue. Now that I'm settled into a career and can actually have some nice things, I've been easing into overlanding and just kinda got bit by the adventure bug. Between riding with friends I made on TacomaWorld and hanging around the good folks over in the Venture Unknown facebook group, I've been able to build up some confidence in being able to get out there and explore. I'm excited to keep learning and see where I can end up!

View attachment 249753
Welcome to Overland Bound from Ohio. Great looking truck. How to see you on the trails...!

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everybody! Newbie here, looking forward to getting to know you all and learning as much as I can!
First off my name is Sean and not only am I new to the forums, I'm pretty new to Overlanding as well.
I've got a 1994 Land Cruiser I'm currently building. It's been (and still is currently) my daily, but I've got plans to refurbish/rebuild her into a true Overlanding machine.
I currently live in OKC, and while I haven't in some years, I camp quite a bit in conjunction with my hobby, so I would like to be able to use the Cruiser to facilitate that.
I cant wait to hear from you all and become more knowledgeable!

This is Betsy, she's a 1994 Land Cruiser 80 series with 365k on the clock and still running strong!
She's got a heavy spring 3.5in Old Man Emu lift
HELO 878 16' wheels
Nitto Ridge Grappler LT275/70R16 tires

This is an older picture, and she's about to get some work done, so I'll upload some newer ones as I complete planned upgrades!
Welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to the pics of the build...!

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone! My name is Marvin.

View attachment 249789
Location: From Fargo, North Dakota, periodically move around the US
Rig: 2014 Toyota 4runner
Experience: Moderate. Have done a descent amount of wheeling, but there is always so much more to learn!
Welcome to Overland Bound. Great looking rig...!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi, I'm Danny but you can call me Importman
Locaiton: Eastern SC for now but in about 4 months I'll be retiring and moving to Western NC
Rig: 05 4Runner SR5. Ironman 3/2 lift sitting on TRD Pro Black Matte rims and 275/70/17 General Grabber ATx tires.
I guess my story is I love the outdoors and used to do a fair amount of rv camping. About 12 years ago I got into hiking and backpacking and loved it. That lasted for several years (hiked about 75 miles of the AT in GA, NC and Tn,), but my body had other plans. Between my age, (now 64) and rheumatoid arthritis my hiking days are pretty much over other than some really short day hikes. So in the last few years my outdoor fun has been mostly just cruising the FS roads in Western NC and Eastern Tn. And I do enjoying kayaking flat water in the mountains. And occasional car camping in the GSMNP. So I'd like to take the next step and do some overlanding.
My experience level I would say is above beginner but below expert. Between backpacking, camping, hiking and being a lifelong auto technician (now I'm a high school auto tech teacher), I feel fairly confident in my ability to stay safe in the wilderness. I think the only thing I would worry about would be that if I needed to walk out more than 5 miles or so it could be a bit of a problem.
I'm looking forward to conversing with you all and learning how much I really don't know.
Hi Importman and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Locaiton: Eastern SC for now but in about 4 months I'll be retiring and moving to Western NC
Rig: 05 4Runner SR5. Ironman 3/2 lift sitting on TRD Pro Black Matte rims and 275/70/17 General Grabber ATx tires.
I guess my story is I love the outdoors and used to do a fair amount of rv camping. About 12 years ago I got into hiking and backpacking and loved it. That lasted for several years (hiked about 75 miles of the AT in GA, NC and Tn,), but my body had other plans. Between my age, (now 64) and rheumatoid arthritis my hiking days are pretty much over other than some really short day hikes. So in the last few years my outdoor fun has been mostly just cruising the FS roads in Western NC and Eastern Tn. And I do enjoying kayaking flat water in the mountains. And occasional car camping in the GSMNP. So I'd like to take the next step and do some overlanding.
My experience level I would say is above beginner but below expert. Between backpacking, camping, hiking and being a lifelong auto technician (now I'm a high school auto tech teacher), I feel fairly confident in my ability to stay safe in the wilderness. I think the only thing I would worry about would be that if I needed to walk out more than 5 miles or so it could be a bit of a problem.
I'm looking forward to conversing with you all and learning how much I really don't know.
Greetings Danny, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Danny
Thank you for being the guy that steps up and teaches!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Dreux2

Rank III

Traveler III

Gloucester, Gloucester County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Dreux
Last Name
Elliott II
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4BTQ
Hey everyone! Just found this app and figured I would join up! My name's Dreux, I live in Coastal VA. Long time camper, newbie offroader! I just did my first "Overlanding" trip over New years weekend and loved it. My cousin and I checked out Peters Mill Run and stayed at the camp on the trail. I'm running a stock 17 Tacoma with a bedrack setup and newly acquired RTT! Currently planning some more weekend get aways, and am excited to meet like minded people!

Attachments

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hey everyone! Just found this app and figured I would join up! My name's Dreux, I live in Coastal VA. Long time camper, newbie offroader! I just did my first "Overlanding" trip over New years weekend and loved it. My cousin and I checked out Peters Mill Run and stayed at the camp on the trail. I'm running a stock 17 Tacoma with a bedrack setup and newly acquired RTT! Currently planning some more weekend get aways, and am excited to meet like minded people!
Welcome aboard to OB from Illinois.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Dreux, welcome to Overland Bound!

Micha_TROOPY

Rank III

Contributor III

Emmerich am Rhein, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Daams
Member #

Service Branch
Outdoor/Offroad
Hello everyone,

I'm Michael, 54 from Emmerich, Germany near the Dutch border. My Toyota GRJ78 got his first home in December 2021 and makes me absolutely happy! I oded the bushtaxi because of the offroad and outdoor assortiment, folding Camper and teardrops we sell! Joyce and Jeroen from the Netherlands and me information about the community and invited me to join. So here I am! Hope to see you guys in Europe!

Gratings from western Germany

Michael

Attachments

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
Hello everyone,

I'm Michael, 54 from Emmerich, Germany near the Dutch border. My Toyota GRJ78 got his first home in December 2021 and makes me absolutely happy! I oded the bushtaxi because of the offroad and outdoor assortiment, folding Camper and teardrops we sell! Joyce and Jeroen from the Netherlands and me information about the community and invited me to join. So here I am! Hope to see you guys in Europe!

Michael
Welcome aboard to the OB community. What a nice rig and set up.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Dreux,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone,

Michael
Hi Michael,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thank you for your detailed introduction. Great Troopy! Enjoy!

Take a look at the Rally Points for planned events in Europe. There you can filter by region. Germany, for example, belongs to the MidEurope region of Europe. We also do a virtual campfire once a month, there are always members from many regions of Europe. Just join us next time if you like.

Emmerich is not that far away from Kalkar. Maybe 20mins drive. We will meet with several members at the 4x4 rhein-waal expo in March. Checkout the corresponding Rally Point and join us if you like.

If you have any questions just ask, please. Alway happy to help.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone,

Michael
Hallo Michael
Nice rig
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N