Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all

Been a member for a while and just didn’t get around to introducing my self. Happy to be here and hope to have some great conversations.
I live in Claremont CA and I drive a 2006 4R .
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi all

Been a member for a while and just didn’t get around to introducing my self. Happy to be here and hope to have some great conversations.

Welcome to Overland Bound, Lloyd

Contributor I

Idaho City, ID, USA
First Name
Forrest
Last Name
Tindall
Hey everyone! I’m Forrest. I’m 30 and I’m a full-time business owner and student studying fisheries and wildlife science focusing on Ichthyology. I live in the mountains of central Idaho with my wife and 3 dogs. I’m an avid conservationist and angler and love venturing off the beaten path to find remote, secluded fishing spots.

I own a couple rigs, a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2, a 2005 Jeep Wrangler, a 1990 Ford F-150 and a 2004 Honda Element that you’ll never see lol.

I just bought the 2005 Wrangler in minty stock form and am in the process of building it out and getting it ready for my needs. It’s a little bit of a mad dash before snow falls because it’s going to be a third La Nina winter and likely to bring over 5 feet of snow.

As far as experience, I’ve never really considered myself an overlander until recently. However, I have been taking my rigs on sketchy roads in the Idaho mountains since I got my permit 15 years ago. But I’m sure there is much to still learn! It may be unlikely but if anyone has a 87-91 F-series truck or bronco I’m happy to help troubleshoot, I know them quite well.

_DSC7907-2.JPG
IMG_4103.jpg
DSC00644.JPG

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hey everyone! I’m Forrest. I’m 30 and I’m a full-time business owner and student studying fisheries and wildlife science focusing on Ichthyology. I live in the mountains of central Idaho with my wife and 3 dogs. I’m an avid conservationist and angler and love venturing off the beaten path to find remote, secluded fishing spots.

I own a couple rigs, a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2, a 2005 Jeep Wrangler, a 1990 Ford F-150 and a 2004 Honda Element that you’ll never see lol.

I just bought the 2005 Wrangler in minty stock form and am in the process of building it out and getting it ready for my needs. It’s a little bit of a mad dash before snow falls because it’s going to be a third La Nina winter and likely to bring over 5 feet of snow.

As far as experience, I’ve never really considered myself an overlander until recently. However, I have been taking my rigs on sketchy roads in the Idaho mountains since I got my permit 15 years ago. But I’m sure there is much to still learn! It may be unlikely but if anyone has a 87-91 F-series truck or bronco I’m happy to help troubleshoot, I know them quite well.

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677

Hello Forrest, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677
Hallo Forrest
Nice rig
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Graveyard Overland

Rank III

Advocate III

Lovington, Moultrie County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Bennie
Last Name
Hume
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / Nat Guard

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677
Welcome Forrest from another new guy here. The Rover looks awesome (coming from another Rover guy!)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677
Welcome To Overland Bound Forrest
Good looking rigs! Could you edit your profile to add a city or town, this helps the app and members get you local and regional information.
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677
Hello Forrest, welcome to Overland Bound.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

View attachment 241675
View attachment 241676
View attachment 241677
Hello Forest , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @David H is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Esteban Lara

Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Experience: Beginner

I want to get my family in to Overlanding for the adventure and experience. I’d love for my son to grow up and appreciate the world we live in. Meeting people along the way is a plus.
Welcome to Overland Bound Esteban. You are on the right track.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi all

Hi Lloyd, welcome. Better late than never.
Nice rig you have.

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Hello all,
Name Tonja

Rig 1992 FJ 80

Location Sw Colorado

Looking at full time overlanding through Central and South America once we retire and finish building our Toyota.
Welcome Tonja! Beautiful area you're in! Lots of options to "test" as you build it.

Arctistic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sweden
First Name
Nicklas
Last Name
Gustafsson
Howdy all!
I'm about to head out on my first overland experience.

For years I have followed others on youtube and always felt "that could be me" and just kept the vision of me doing it in my mind as just a dream, but now it's time to do it for real.

My first experience will not be extreme or advanced in regards to being off the beaten path all the time but still be enough for me to answer the question to myself if this is my future me.

I have 21 days and a Jeep Wrangler.

I will start from LA and will head just about the route in the attached image and then return to LA.

The route is planned so I will be able to reconnect with some friends/veterans I did serve with in Afghanistan way back in the days so that might explain the unusual choices at some destinations.

Along these path I will do detours and find places where I will camp by myself, but some days will be at regular campsites, and some nights will be at hotels/friends places.
I travel by myself and I do love that. But along the path I will have a few social moments with old friends.

The Jeep is not a real rig but I do bring a tent, portable stove and all the outdoorsy things needed for shorter detours from civilization.
I will avoid the most demanding of road situations on this journey.

Any takes on the route? Doable in 21 without stress I assume?

The adventure starts on Tuesday! :)
/n
route.jpg

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy all!

For years I have followed others on youtube and always felt "that could be me" and just kept the vision of me doing it in my mind as just a dream, but now it's time to do it for real.

My first experience will not be extreme or advanced in regards to being off the beaten path all the time but still be enough for me to answer the question to myself if this is my future me.

I have 21 days and a Jeep Wrangler.

I will start from LA and will head just about the route in the attached image and then return to LA.

The route is planned so I will be able to reconnect with some friends/veterans I did serve with in Afghanistan way back in the days so that might explain the unusual choices at some destinations.

Along these path I will do detours and find places where I will camp by myself, but some days will be at regular campsites, and some nights will be at hotels/friends places.
I travel by myself and I do love that. But along the path I will have a few social moments with old friends.

The Jeep is not a real rig but I do bring a tent, portable stove and all the outdoorsy things needed for shorter detours from civilization.

Any takes on the route? Doable in 21 without stress I assume?

/n
View attachment 241778
Hallo Nicklas
Have a nice road trip
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Howdy all!

/n
Welcome Nicklas! I'm not familiar with the area, so no comment on that. Awesome that you are doing it tied to reconnecting with service buddies. OORAH! As for "not a real rig", it is what you make of it, no need for the mega (and expensive) rigs. Just have fun and be safe.
Mike