Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings Overlanders!

I am new to the adventure but enjoy what little I have done. My brother and my two sons spent 3 days traveling through George Washington National Forest last month. We had a great time and are hoping to do a trip to Talladega National Forest this fall. I drive a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 236245
Jacksonville, FL.
Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands
Camping (GA) and local trails.
Novice.
Seeking local trail buddies.View attachment 236245
Hi James,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, a new Bronco, that´s a great rig. By the way, the new Bronco is expected to officially come to Europe soon - at least in a limited number of units.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 236245
Jacksonville, FL.
Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands
Camping (GA) and local trails.
Novice.
Seeking local trail buddies.View attachment 236245
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Overlanders!

I am new to the adventure but enjoy what little I have done. My brother and my two sons spent 3 days traveling through George Washington National Forest last month. We had a great time and are hoping to do a trip to Talladega National Forest this fall. I drive a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Great pictures
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All!

My name Benn. I’m am a complete novice. Grew up a city boy and never did any camping or anything else outdoors. I‘d like to change that and go on many adventures with my 4 year old.

We live in the western suburbs of Chicago.
I drive a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Haven’t done too much to it otherthan leveling it out and better tires, BFG KO2s.
We are planning a big trip out West next year and I’d like to learn from this community on how to prepare for it.

Thanks!

BennView attachment 236195
Welcome to Overland Bound Benn
Dive in and ask questions, everything you need to plan your adventure is here on the forum.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

JPPNC

Rank II

Contributor III

Eastern North Carolina
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Pye
Member #

Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!
2) North Carolina. East of I95.
3) 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Diesel.
4) Novice. Did some Uwharrie trails in my Wrangler years ago. Have done nothing with the Colorado, new purchase.

Have done primitive camping, trail hiking and backpacking, and have trekked as far north as the boundary waters.

Had an RV parked at White Oak Shores (local riverside campground) for 5 years. Wasn’t a fan of being packed into campsites like sardines and am now looking for good places to get away for a night or two with seclusion.

Really like primitive tent camping locally, but would like faster setup and takedown as my work-free windows are a late afternoon to next-day noon, and haven’t relished 3-hour set up and takedown events chewing up my fun time.Alone I’m usually a minimalist ultralight camper but these days Im hauling wife and kids who want cooked meals and creature comforts.

Shopping an overland trailer (build or buy) that I can pull out in the middle of nowhere with an hour of setup and takedown and seclusion. Planning to upfit Colorado as well.

Looking at Croatan, Cape Lookout, the northern beaches and other dispersed camping options.

Hoping to find some like-minded folks and am searching the forums and seeing some great discussion!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!
4) Novice. Did some Uwharrie trails in my Wrangler years ago. Have done nothing with the Colorado, new purchase.

Have done primitive camping, trail hiking and backpacking, and have trekked as far north as the boundary waters.

Had an RV parked at White Oak Shores (local riverside campground) for 5 years. Wasn’t a fan of being packed into campsites like sardines and am now looking for good places to get away for a night or two with seclusion.

Really like primitive tent camping locally, but would like faster setup and takedown as my work-free windows are a late afternoon to next-day noon, and haven’t relished 3-hour set up and takedown events chewing up my fun time.Alone I’m usually a minimalist ultralight camper but these days Im hauling wife and kids who want cooked meals and creature comforts.

Shopping an overland trailer (build or buy) that I can pull out in the middle of nowhere with an hour of setup and takedown and seclusion. Planning to upfit Colorado as well.

Looking at Croatan, Cape Lookout, the northern beaches and other dispersed camping options.

Hoping to find some like-minded folks and am searching the forums and seeing some great discussion!
Hallo JP
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Dandy Taylor

Rank V

Advocate II

Herriman, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
Dandy
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!

Welcome from UT, Joseph!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!

Welcome from Arizona!

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!

Welcome!
Glad you’re here

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Greetings Overlanders!

Welcome
This is a great place to meet other people and get good advice.
Glad you’re here

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey All!

My name Benn. I’m am a complete novice. Grew up a city boy and never did any camping or anything else outdoors. I‘d like to change that and go on many adventures with my 4 year old.

We live in the western suburbs of Chicago.
I drive a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Haven’t done too much to it otherthan leveling it out and better tires, BFG KO2s.
We are planning a big trip out West next year and I’d like to learn from this community on how to prepare for it.

Thanks!

BennView attachment 236195
Welcome!
Glad you’re here

Best way to prepare for a big trip is to do a bunch of little weekend trips. It builds confidence and lets you learn how you want to approach overlanding.

You don’t need tons of gear, but you do need to be able to sleep comfortably and stay warm.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hi everyone.
I've been a 2-wheel overlander for the past few years and recently purchased 'the one that got away' from my youth - a '99 Jeep Cherokee - and have been futzing with it for a few months to make it more or less road worthy.
I already have the basics for short-term camping, and I don't have any grand plans for kitting it out but I know I need a rear tire carrier to free up space in the cargo area and possibly a roof rack and awning.

It may not be my forever-vehicle as the new Bronco's are calling me but it's what I got to work with at this time.

I'm based in Northern VA with easy access to W-SW VA, W.VA., and PA.
I'm hoping this group will provide some camaraderie and a good community to get out and enjoy this great country of ours.

- Dave

View attachment 236126
Welcome Dave!
Glad you’re here.
I’ve found this community to be pretty active, so I think you’ll find the camaraderie you’re looking for.