Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Vehicle: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Experience: Novice
About me: I like travel and anything with a engine. Just getting into overlanding and building my rig for it. Looking to meet like minded people.
Greetings Aleksey, welcome to Overland Bound! Hello also from the PNW!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

1. I don't know what I am doing. And I would like to figure that out.
2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
Hello Freyr, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
About me: I like travel and anything with a engine. Just getting into overlanding and building my rig for it. Looking to meet like minded people.
Hello Aleksey, welcome to the OB family.

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Hello ya'll. I have been a closet OB member for a little while but now have some more time and energy to do fun things like overlanding.

I love backpacking and camping, but never have I really done anything with overlanding, some off-road trails and long haul roadtrips. That is the sum of my experience. I am currently working on building out a '96 Fzj80 LandGoat and look forward to putting it to use.

I am super excited to read up on all these articles and forums, the mass amount of experience and knowledge that can be gleaned from them seems endless LOL.

2. I would like to be able to contribute to keeping our lands clean and available so I would be interested in learning about volunteer activities hosted by the community.
3. I used to teach first-responders, CPR, and was once an EMT. (certs well gone by now.). I would love to learn about what kind of classes or groups specialize in firt-aid to learn more and refresh old skills :).

I am located in Salt Lake City, UT. Hope I get to meet some of you folks in the future!

Cheers,
Hello Freyr, welcome to the OB family.
Thank you!! Happy to be here :)

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Aleksey and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Cheers,
Hi Freyr,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thank you for your detailed introduction.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Fbarnard

Rank III

Traveler III

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
First Name
Freyr
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Cheers,
Hi Freyr,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thank you for your detailed introduction.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern
Thank you! Happy to be here :)

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

gooroo_dougie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Mengers
Member #

Hey all! Checking back in after a long absence. I sold my Maza CX-5 AWD, which took me on a lot of trips (Mojave, Sierras loop, Susanville/Shasta wagon roads, etc.) and tons of utility and forest roads for work across the western U.S. Just picked up a 2006 Volvo XC70 and starting to kit it out for a break-in 2,500-mile trip next month from San Diego to SLC, Rockies, San Juans and back, boondocking the whole way. Eventually planning a light lift, skid plate upgrade, Geolander A/T GO15s (which I had on the Mazda and really liked) and some creature comforts, but basically stock for this trip while I get used to her and figure out what I need most. Already got my medallion transferred over, though :)

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey all! Checking back in after a long absence. I sold my Maza CX-5 AWD, which took me on a lot of trips (Mojave, Sierras loop, Susanville/Shasta wagon roads, etc.) and tons of utility and forest roads for work across the western U.S. Just picked up a 2006 Volvo XC70 and starting to kit it out for a break-in 2,500-mile trip next month from San Diego to SLC, Rockies, San Juans and back, boondocking the whole way. Eventually planning a light lift, skid plate upgrade, Geolander A/T GO15s (which I had on the Mazda and really liked) and some creature comforts, but basically stock for this trip while I get used to her and figure out what I need most. Already got my medallion transferred over, though :)
Hallo Douglas
Welcome back to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Douglas
Welcome back to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Thank you! My daughter (born in US but raised in Sweden) lives in Skane. I've done a bit of exploring between there and Gothenburg while visiting her, but no real overlanding. Beautiful!
Super
Me my self bout my new rig in Skåne, Lomma.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Douglas, welcome back.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Welcome back, some things might be different on the forum no so here area some links that might help.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.@FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com is the OC/ SD Member Representative and a great local resource who organizes the local San Diego meet-up is @Wickedjeepadventures
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

gooroo_dougie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Mengers
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Welcome back, some things might be different on the forum no so here area some links that might help.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.@FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com is the OC/ SD Member Representative and a great local resource who organizes the local San Diego meet-up is @Wickedjeepadventures
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks! Looks like the next RDF meet-up nearest me is the day before my trip, perfect time to make sure everything is packed and get some last minute advice!

Contributor III

Briggsville, Marquette County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Tubbs
Member #

Excited to be a part of the community!

Names Cody

Rig is a 2014 Ford Raptor. 208k beautiful miles of travel, pin stripes, and adventures.

Live in wisconsin. Not a whole lot of trails here. But look forward to seeing if there’s possibly something I just haven’t found yet.

Been on multiple trips over the years. However I just started building the raptor last year more towards overlanding. So I’m excited to see what the upcoming travels will be!

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Names Cody

Rig is a 2014 Ford Raptor. 208k beautiful miles of travel, pin stripes, and adventures.

Live in wisconsin. Not a whole lot of trails here. But look forward to seeing if there’s possibly something I just haven’t found yet.

Been on multiple trips over the years. However I just started building the raptor last year more towards overlanding. So I’m excited to see what the upcoming travels will be!
Hallo Cody
Welcome to OBO
Awsome rig you got
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Names Cody

Hello Cody, welcome to Overland Bound.

MRAP_1

Rank 0

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Smith
Hi everyone. Paul from North Carolina, USA. Just bought a new Jeep Wrangler 4xe And plan to do some upgrades very soon. I've always been into overlanding and anything outdoors. I thought this would be a great way to keep my 10 and 12-year-old sons appreciation for the outdoors. Anything to get them away from their cell phones and computers.

Attachments