Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I’m Clay, and newly retired. I have set up a Honda Ridgeline with a Roofnest. It took some research to make it all come together. I will install the RTT tomorrow and take it on a shake out trip to Itasca State Park next week. I will upload pictures next week.
Hello Clay, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi, I am Walker, from Cave Creek, AZ (just a wee bit north of Phoenix). I have a 1967 Scout that has been in the family since 1967. I have owned it for 20 years, and it was my first foray into four wheels drives. I also have a 3/4 ton Silverado that is my work truck, but frequently doubles as my weekender.

My overlanding is a little different than most, as I have a 5 acre parcel in the middle of the forest in the Bradshaw Mountains near Crown King Az. It is very remote, 4wd only access. We generally set up a wall tent and shade tents and have them up until fall. The hotter it gets in Phoenix, the more time we spend at the camp. We built an outhouse and have a natures head in it, and have job boxes on site for storage of stove, bedding, etc. I also generally have power generation available, but surprisingly use very little once at camp.
Hello Walker, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Ginny- Fulton Mo, running 14 rubicon, have couple years wheel time crawling, but fell in love with the adventures and journeys overlanding brings. Life's not about where you get to, it's the experience, lessons, and enjoyment along the way. Sancho is my rig, still stock for now. He has done amazing so far and has been apart of so many wonderful memories!!
Hello Ginny, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hows it going everyone? New guy here:
Rig: 2008 Chevy Trailblazer (STOCK) Searching for new rig (not sure its the best)
Experience: Novice
Why overlanding: Love the outdoors, enjoying camping, and its time for new adventures!
Hello James, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service. Depending on where you plan to go, ain't nothing wrong with your current rig. :sunglasses:

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, we are Delta and Juliet. We currently reside in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

Our rig is a tan pirate themed (because why the hell not) 2018 Toyota Tacoma that we are slowly building up as we can.

We are new to overlanding but are loving every minute. Going out whenever we can. We hope to meet many more overlanders on our adventures. We love sharing our journey on and off the trails on our small instagram page.View attachment 230588View attachment 230589
Hello Delta & Juliet, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,
My name is Eric, just getting into OL alway love building vehicles and the out doors. Figured this is the direction i should go.

Recently picked up a new Ranger to twist into a capable OR OL fun joy to drive and get a little more adventure in my soul

Currently in SOCAL,

Cheers see you out on the trails
Hello Eric, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

Novice here but looking to get out more. Eventually would like to upgrade to a more capable vehicle once I've gained some experience.

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium, the only upgrades are 2" ReadyLifts and BFG Trail Terrain 235/65R17s
Overlanding Experience: I went to Mack's Canyon Trail up in Mt. Charleston and that's it
Hello Justin, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Yep rookie newbie novice here.
Here to learn what a “typical” overlander vehicle consists of.
Current 4x4 vehicles owned that could work (?)
2005 Liberty
1996 5 speed V6 4runner
1970 K10 chevy big block
2008 6.0 LTZ avalanche
Hello Eric, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 230710Hello everyone, it said to introduce myself and rig so here I am. My name is Roger and I live in Turlock Ca. I’m pretty new to overlanding and off-roading. I recently did a trip to the mountains where I camped out of my truck and adventured and I’ve been itching to get back out there and thought plugging into a community would be a good resource
Current rig and daily driver is a 2006 F150 XLT 4x4. with a level kit and 285’s.
Hello Roger, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All. What a great organization. Excited to get my vehicle after a year long wait, I am semi-retired, "mid aged" lady who grew up in the desert. Recently, Moab was an energy charged thrill at the March Bronco OffRoadeo driving experience. Rock climbing is so much easier from the 60/70s! Cold and mud are a whole new thing to me here in SouthEast WA. I am taking my basic truck and tent to the Bend, OR Expo the weekend of 7/8. Then I will know more and be equipped to head out on the first journey.
Hello Teri, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good afternoon, new to Overlanding, but not outdoors. We are transitioning from the RV lifestyle to Overlanding. Started with a 30-foot box, then moved to an Off-grid caravan, still feel that isn't for us. So now it's overlanding's turn. Currently planning on building it on a 2014 F150 Supercrew FX4 and looking at Tent topper options. Retired Army so I am a planner, then execute. Any insight and tips would be graciously accepted. (especially in the realm of power solutions and wire management best practices) Also would love to hear everyone's approach to water storage/solutions for both potable and showers. Taken it all in. Was at the Overland Expo West on Friday and it was a blast (super windy too...lol)
Hello Vincent, welcome to the OB family.

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Member I

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hows it going everyone? New guy here:
Rig: 2008 Chevy Trailblazer (STOCK) Searching for new rig (not sure its the best)
Experience: Novice
Why overlanding: Love the outdoors, enjoying camping, and its time for new adventures!
Hello James, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service. Depending on where you plan to go, ain't nothing wrong with your current rig. :sunglasses:
Thanks Roots! I’m in Mark Twain NF right now! A little rainy but nice and secluded!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Wanted to introduce myself, just got back from my 1st overland Overland West and hear great things about Overland Bound. I'm a total newbee to offroading and overlanding but super excited to get more involved in the community. I took deliver of my 2020 Ford Bronco Badlands with the sasquatch package back in January, so trying to learn as much as I can and get on the trails as often as possible.
I live in Costa Mesa California. The Orange County area. I'm always up for a meet up. Would love to meet some people to get on the trails with. I don't mind road trips.

Jim Kennedy
Hello Jim, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,
1- well Home is in Atlanta, GA but we are currently sitting in Vermont on our way home from Newfoundland, been out for 6 weeks.
2- Jeep 2017
3- about 20,000 miles so far.

Just my Boyfriend Sam and I and Smith our dog. We work on the road for about 6 weeks at a time right now, working our way up to 6 months as soon as possible. We try and spend as much time as we can as deep out there as we can. Last year we did South eastern Utah/NM, and the second trip was to Montana and all parts between. This year was newfoundland and in the fall we are headed to Expo Mountain West in colorado, and the enchanted rockies trail (if it's not totally on fire).
Hello Kristi, Sam & Smith, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey I’m Chris, I’m a mechanic and always been into race cars bought a Titan xd diesel to pull my trailer and decided I was going to build it into an overlanding vehicle lol. I’ve only done the front bumper so far and I’m looking to go out on some moderate trails I have been off roading before but I don’t know how capable my truck is actually going to be. I got the pro4x package so I do have a rear locker. Over the winter I want to get a winch and maybe modify the suspension a bit. I’m from Toronto, Canada
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.