Rank II

Contributor III

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Green
Member #

Good afternoon, new to Overlanding, but not outdoors. We are transitioning from the RV lifestyle to Overlanding. Started with a 30-foot box, then moved to an Off-grid caravan, still feel that isn't for us. So now it's overlanding's turn. Currently planning on building it on a 2014 F150 Supercrew FX4 and looking at Tent topper options. Retired Army so I am a planner, then execute. Any insight and tips would be graciously accepted. (especially in the realm of power solutions and wire management best practices) Also would love to hear everyone's approach to water storage/solutions for both potable and showers. Taken it all in. Was at the Overland Expo West on Friday and it was a blast (super windy too...lol)

Attachments

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
View attachment 230710Hello everyone, it said to introduce myself and rig so here I am. My name is Roger and I live in Turlock Ca. I’m pretty new to overlanding and off-roading. I recently did a trip to the mountains where I camped out of my truck and adventured and I’ve been itching to get back out there and thought plugging into a community would be a good resource
Current rig and daily driver is a 2006 F150 XLT 4x4. with a level kit and 285’s.
Welcome, i will keep you in mind for some trips that I and a few members are trying to get on the calendar. We are mixed group of experiences.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Good afternoon, new to Overlanding, but not outdoors. We are transitioning from the RV lifestyle to Overlanding. Started with a 30-foot box, then moved to an Off-grid caravan, still feel that isn't for us. So now it's overlanding's turn. Currently planning on building it on a 2014 F150 Supercrew FX4 and looking at Tent topper options. Retired Army so I am a planner, then execute. Any insight and tips would be graciously accepted. (especially in the realm of power solutions and wire management best practices) Also would love to hear everyone's approach to water storage/solutions for both potable and showers. Taken it all in. Was at the Overland Expo West on Friday and it was a blast (super windy too...lol)
Hallo Vincent
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Vincent,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All. What a great organization. Excited to get my vehicle after a year long wait, I am semi-retired, "mid aged" lady who grew up in the desert. Recently, Moab was an energy charged thrill at the March Bronco OffRoadeo driving experience. Rock climbing is so much easier from the 60/70s! Cold and mud are a whole new thing to me here in SouthEast WA. I am taking my basic truck and tent to the Bend, OR Expo the weekend of 7/8. Then I will know more and be equipped to head out on the first journey.
Hello Teri, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Yep rookie newbie novice here.
Here to learn what a “typical” overlander vehicle consists of.
Current 4x4 vehicles owned that could work (?)
2005 Liberty
1996 5 speed V6 4runner
1970 K10 chevy big block
2008 6.0 LTZ avalanche
Hello Eric, welcome to Overrland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Vincent
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name isHello Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Thank you for your service!
I am not an expert in anyway on the power issue, but over build has always been my plan. I would rather have built it to robust than find out in the field I did not build it well and have trouble because of that. I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my power setup in the rear of my 4runner, if you want to ask specific questions my personal cell is 602-510-0439. Sunday mornings I will not be available (church) other than that call me anytime.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All. What a great organization. Excited to get my vehicle after a year long wait, I am semi-retired, "mid aged" lady who grew up in the desert. Recently, Moab was an energy charged thrill at the March Bronco OffRoadeo driving experience. Rock climbing is so much easier from the 60/70s! Cold and mud are a whole new thing to me here in SouthEast WA. I am taking my basic truck and tent to the Bend, OR Expo the weekend of 7/8. Then I will know more and be equipped to head out on the first journey.
Hello Teri, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all,
I'm Mike. This is my truck and that's my enormous popup trailer in the background. I will be building a new expedition trailer from scratch, and it will take a while.
View attachment 230795
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound! Can't wait to see the trailer build!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Vincent, welcome to Overland Bound!

JKP_jim

Rank II

Contributor III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Wanted to introduce myself, just got back from my 1st overland Overland West and hear great things about Overland Bound. I'm a total newbee to offroading and overlanding but super excited to get more involved in the community. I took deliver of my 2020 Ford Bronco Badlands with the sasquatch package back in January, so trying to learn as much as I can and get on the trails as often as possible.
I live in Costa Mesa California. The Orange County area. I'm always up for a meet up. Would love to meet some people to get on the trails with. I don't mind road trips.

Jim Kennedy

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Wanted to introduce myself, just got back from my 1st overland Overland West and hear great things about Overland Bound. I'm a total newbee to offroading and overlanding but super excited to get more involved in the community. I took deliver of my 2020 Ford Bronco Badlands with the sasquatch package back in January, so trying to learn as much as I can and get on the trails as often as possible.
I live in Costa Mesa California. The Orange County area. I'm always up for a meet up. Would love to meet some people to get on the trails with. I don't mind road trips.

Jim Kennedy
Hallo Jim
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy

Jim Kennedy
Hi Jim. Welcome to OB from San Diego County.