Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
We are the Jacksons. Chris and Susanne. We started this off roading thing two years ago due to a good friend of mine insisting I needed adventure as I was recovering from an accident. We took our GMC Sierra 2500 and immediately fell in love with 4 wheeling back roads. Our daughter purchased a 1998 4runner and she loves to wheel. We sold our RV and traded my wife's car in for a 2016 Toyota 4runner built nicely. In fact it was previously owned by an overland bound member. We are excited to continue the adventure of this rig.
Hello Susanne & Chris, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Newbie in here...
2016 Jeep JKU - 3.5" lift on 35s
Located in the Seattle area in the beautiful PNW!
Like to do a bunch of the backroads discovery routes
instagram @thy_jeep_raven
Hello Cheryl, welcome to Overland Bound! Hello from a fellow PNW'er!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
My wife and I are new to all this. We’ve enjoyed hiking and exploring the world. We get around. The picture is of my proposal on top of the volcano Mount Nyiragongo in the Congo.

Overlanding feels like it could be a very natural fit for us. That being said, It's an entirely new experience for us. We only bring some camping experience and mall crawling our old Jeep.

New rig is 22 2D Rubicon that will be getting its lift and wheels next week.

We plan on hitting a trail with the jeep next weekend along with some hiking and if we stumble across a brewery, it won’t hurt my feelings.

Oh, and we are on the East Coast. A little north of Virginia Beach.
Hello Eddie, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
My wife and I are new to all this. We’ve enjoyed hiking and exploring the world. We get around. The picture is of my proposal on top of the volcano Mount Nyiragongo in the Congo.

Overlanding feels like it could be a very natural fit for us. That being said, It's an entirely new experience for us. We only bring some camping experience and mall crawling our old Jeep.

We plan on hitting a trail with the jeep next weekend along with some hiking and if we stumble across a brewery, it won’t hurt my feelings.

Hi Eddie and welcome to Overland Bound!

And a warm welcome also to all others who have joined lately. Great how the community grows and grows.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS

Welcome and sounds like some restless nights waiting for that lift. Lol

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
We are the Jacksons. Chris and Susanne. We started this off roading thing two years ago due to a good friend of mine insisting I needed adventure as I was recovering from an accident. We took our GMC Sierra 2500 and immediately fell in love with 4 wheeling back roads. Our daughter purchased a 1998 4runner and she loves to wheel. We sold our RV and traded my wife's car in for a 2016 Toyota 4runner built nicely. In fact it was previously owned by an overland bound member. We are excited to continue the adventure of this rig.
Welcome! Cool story about the 4Runner!

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hello everyone!
my name is Lujain, I own a Grand Cherokee 2017 Trailhawk annnd will definitely be need your support!
welcome and you have all that you need between the amount of knowledge and experience in this community! Ask away and don’t hesitate to reach out! That’s why we are here!

Jacksonpak

Rank III

Explorer I

Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino County, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Attachments

R

RN J

Well, if your daughter ever decides to sell her 4Runner, PLEASE let me know! Anyone else reading this: I’m looking for an overlanding vehicle: 4Runner or pickup truck…at this point I’m interested in anything 4wheel drive!

LNDSHK

Rank I

Contributor III

Katy, TX, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Neiper
Hello! Prior rock crawler here. Wife and I now looking to overland, hike, camp and whatever else outdoors. Recently purchased ‘21 Unlimited Rubicon XR as our rig. Based out of Houston, TX area.

Thought we wanted to overland and after recent trip to Big Bend NP we agreed we were right. Can’t wait to learn and hear others adventures.

Attachments

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello! Prior rock crawler here. Wife and I now looking to overland, hike, camp and whatever else outdoors. Recently purchased ‘21 Unlimited Rubicon XR as our rig. Based out of Houston, TX area.

Thought we wanted to overland and after recent trip to Big Bend NP we agreed we were right. Can’t wait to learn and hear others adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound, Harold! Nice ride!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Harold and wife, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Harold
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Harold and welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice Rubicon. Enjoy.

Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Rock crawling is a great skill to have in this sport, you just never know what you will get into. ;-)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome from Oklahoma. If you might be interested in a Jeep Podcast check out the Jeep Talk Show.
The founder of the podcast is also based out of Katy.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Harold, welcome to Overland Bound!

FossEthan

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Rochester, MN, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Foss
Welcome to OB Ethan!!
I am from the Twin Cities area. (Living in Las Vegas now) I would suggest heading up to the North Shore and the backwoods of Northern Minnesota. All sorts of trails and outdoor recreation to be had up there, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling etc for winter. When the weather gets a bit warmer, you can hit the backwood trails. And if you are lucky, you might even catch Mother Nature's show and see the Northern Lights.

If you need ideas on places or things to do, let me know.

Michelle
I would live ideas for places to look or routes to take!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn