Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My name is Matthew, I live in Georgia with my wife and 8 month old daughter. Trying to get into this so that we get outside more and set that habit for our daughter. We have gone camping in state parks but that's about it.

Vehicle wise I've got a 2016 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and she drives a 2015 Lexus GX460. They are basically stock, I put all terrain tires on the Tundra and it has a Yaesu FTM400 because I'm into amateur radio.

Looking forward to learning from the group,

Matthew
Welcome To Overland Bound Matthew
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
You might be interested in our Comms page;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all,

I'm a novice that loves the outdoors and learning - there's something about this I find oddly intriguing and exciting. My rig is a 2016 Highlander and I'm located in central Indiana. "Adventure is out there" and I'm looking forward to finding it.
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. A great resource in your area is @Ohio Valley Overland
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!

Name's Justin, and I somehow was totally oblivious to this place until last week. I feel so cheated for all those years! Anyway, I love camping and backpacking (and overlanding, but that's a given, right?), and my spouse tolerates car camping. So, you know, overlanding is a good compromise there, right? I also inherited my dad's tendency to take the long way 'round where possible.

Anyway, I don't have much at the moment. Had a loaded backpack that was stolen out of my office a couple years ago, and still haven't gotten around to replacing most of that, owing to having had our first child around the same time. I drive a 2007 Tahoe, of which it would be silly to post pics (just Google "2007 Tahoe RWD silver"; that's what my rig looks like!), but I just sold my Chevelle, and when the time comes to make good on the promise of getting another arguably-useless vehicle, well, I just learned that the guy up the road from me has a yard full of IH Scouts...

I'm in SoCal, by way of NW Oregon. As far as experience... I'm probably solidly intermediate. Haven't gotten out much in recent years, but I've driven my fair share of of Forest Service "roads" and logging spurs over the years. And last summer, I circuited Haleakala in a rented Dodge Grand Caravan on the Hana/Pi'ilani "Highways", so there's that. :)
Welcome to Overland Bound Justin
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just scooped up a CVT m-416 trailer... new to the forum. PO (and PPO) have it off to a great start with solar, LiFePO4, custom drawer, custom rack and 12v fridge... we cant wait to get it out on the trail!View attachment 223120
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello All,
Justin here in the Nashville area. New to Overlanding but not camping, trails, etc.. Looking to link up with a group and take my long awaited vacation. Current vehicle 2017 TRD DCab 4x4 Yota. No lift so ex nay on the rock crawling.
Welcome to Nashville! Keep you eye out for OB events here, trip talk in the OB Southeast FB group and you can hook up with SIX15 Overland on Facebook/Instagram for more frequent group trips based out of Middle Tennessee.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello,

Mark here.

Located in the Nashville area.

Spent 10 years in Colorado with a JKU exploring, took a few years away .

Back in the game with a new '21 Bronco Badlands 4 door. New to overlanding, super excited to study up, learn from the experts and get to outfitting my blank slate.

Headed to Moab in April '22 for 5 days, want to get setup and make overlanding my new hobby/outlet.

Mark
Welcome to Nashville!
Keep you eye out for OB events here, trip talk in the OB Southeast FB group and you can hook up with SIX15 Overland on Facebook/Instagram for more frequent group trips based out of Middle Tennessee.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Jordan I'm from Lexington, SC. I currently drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Endeavor that we just took on a 500 mile round trip around the SCAR here in SC and looking forward to doing some more trips here soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Hank

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Just scooped up a CVT m-416 trailer... new to the forum. PO (and PPO) have it off to a great start with solar, LiFePO4, custom drawer, custom rack and 12v fridge... we cant wait to get it out on the trail!View attachment 223120
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound! Sweet trailer!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hank

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

First time posting here. I am located around Fort Leonard, MO. I recently purchased a FJ60, would like to find other cruisers in the area to explore the close to the Ozark’s.
You should go the The Rendezvous in the Ozarks next October! Great time!!!

Hank

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all!

Name's Justin, and I somehow was totally oblivious to this place until last week. I feel so cheated for all those years! Anyway, I love camping and backpacking (and overlanding, but that's a given, right?), and my spouse tolerates car camping. So, you know, overlanding is a good compromise there, right? I also inherited my dad's tendency to take the long way 'round where possible.

Anyway, I don't have much at the moment. Had a loaded backpack that was stolen out of my office a couple years ago, and still haven't gotten around to replacing most of that, owing to having had our first child around the same time. I drive a 2007 Tahoe, of which it would be silly to post pics (just Google "2007 Tahoe RWD silver"; that's what my rig looks like!), but I just sold my Chevelle, and when the time comes to make good on the promise of getting another arguably-useless vehicle, well, I just learned that the guy up the road from me has a yard full of IH Scouts...

I'm in SoCal, by way of NW Oregon. As far as experience... I'm probably solidly intermediate. Haven't gotten out much in recent years, but I've driven my fair share of of Forest Service "roads" and logging spurs over the years. And last summer, I circuited Haleakala in a rented Dodge Grand Caravan on the Hana/Pi'ilani "Highways", so there's that. :)
Hello Justin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings all,

I'm a novice that loves the outdoors and learning - there's something about this I find oddly intriguing and exciting. My rig is a 2016 Highlander and I'm located in central Indiana. "Adventure is out there" and I'm looking forward to finding it.
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

My name is Matthew, I live in Georgia with my wife and 8 month old daughter. Trying to get into this so that we get outside more and set that habit for our daughter. We have gone camping in state parks but that's about it.

Vehicle wise I've got a 2016 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and she drives a 2015 Lexus GX460. They are basically stock, I put all terrain tires on the Tundra and it has a Yaesu FTM400 because I'm into amateur radio.

Looking forward to learning from the group,

Matthew
Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. My name is Jordan I'm from Lexington, SC. I currently drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Endeavor that we just took on a 500 mile round trip around the SCAR here in SC and looking forward to doing some more trips here soon.
Hello Jordan, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy, I'm Sean. I've been lurking around since probably 2012, in and out of lots of forums and checking out everyone's builds. Basically trying to figure out what is best for me and how I tend to use my vehicle.
I am located in Santa Fe, Texas near Galveston Island where I was born. I grew up in South Central/East Colorado (Trinidad) and tend to go up there at least once a year.

I own a 2012 LR4 HSE (non-HD sadly). 2" Lift, 265/65R18 Cooper Discoverer Tires

I have mostly been using my rig for Tough Mudder and Spartan Races. I tend to get bored with all the same locations so I visit other states instead. Kansas, Virginia, Washington, Colorado, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. last year. One issue I have had with all of those trips are I want to get out more, or off the Highway at least. So I finally convinced my brother to stop being lazy and to take his Jeep Gladiator places with me so we can actually have fun and not worry about getting stuck as we would have a backup vehicle (one of us really needs to buy recovery equipment though). Now I have convinced him to start taking trips before his second child is born so we have a good host of trips planned, starting with Big Bend in April.

Which means, I need to get more serious and start outfitting for actual travel rather than just highway. We are now doing all the Jeep Honor Trails nearby. Easiest thing I could do was use my brothers ego against him by showing how my mostly stock Land Rover had more Off-Road ability than his Jeep, it worked. So with the bad reception at most places and the offline mode for the Expedition Members I went ahead and joined as a member. That app is so much nicer than some of the official trail maps and with additional items from members added it show a lot more options than I previously known about.

Overlanding Experience, I would say none or beginner. I do not consider driving highway to a specific event to stay in a hotel because I can't find local campsites as overlanding.
It is also not why I bought the vehicle I did. After being stuck with not being allowed to go anywhere or constantly changing around or canceling most trips for an entire year, may that never happen again, I decided to start finding better ways of planning and gain more experience in the actual capabilities of the vehicle, hence go-ding little brothers into going 4 wheeling with me.

Glad to be here and probably won't be talking much but will definitely be gathering ideas and using some of the resources here for Trip planning.
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your detailled intro.

Greetings from Björn - currently on the road in Norway

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi everyone! My name is Edgar
Instagram: Cumbrevalle

This is my rig CALIFA. A 19’ Jeep Wrangler S.

I am in Southern California near Riverside.

At this point in my off-road adventures I would considered myself as a moderate skilled driver off road. There have been a couple of recovery situations that I have learned from . It is always good to learn the hard way. I am also confident enough when switching to 4H and 4L depending on my trail terrain.

I am joining OB to lead/tag along with anyone else who is down to hit some trails.
Hi Edgar and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone. My name is Rodney Neill.
I've recently joined this website in an effort to learn more about the Overlanding community and its wide variety of vehicles.
I am not a 4x4 or an overlanding person per say however I would like to sincerely learn if my product line is a viable option for this community in any way.
Simply put, my products are magnetic methods of storage. Not earth shattering, but they have worked fairly well for those currently using them for their applications.
I have until recently stayed in the original industry which they have been designed for which is the Nuclear Security Industry & Law Enforcement.
I plan to travel this year for some of the meet ups and hope to meet some of you folks.
My IG's are @tactote , @tac_tote_travels, < My Tacoma can be seen there, and the newest account is @tac_tote_overland.

Location is Western Massachusetts. Look forward to meeting some of you!
Hi Rodney and welcome to Overland Bound!