Contributor III

Eloy, AZ, USA
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Flowers
Service Branch
Navy
Howdy, new to the group so figured I'd say hello.
Between rigs but have my eyes on a Suburban so fingers crossed.

Im new again to this, used to do it growing up but haven't had the time till now. So here's hoping for some good times.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Im new again to this, used to do it growing up but haven't had the time till now. So here's hoping for some good times.
Hi Vincent and welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Vincent
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

jakataka

Rank I

Contributor III

Round Rock, TX, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Pedersen
Howdy Neighbors! Just joining the community from Round Rock, Texas . New to overlanding, not new to primitive camping. I've got a brand new rig (2022 Trail Boss) that needs some dent and scratches (maybe just a few). I'm hoping to learn a lot for y'all and join in on any trips that have space for a newbie! Anyone headed to Merus Adventure Park in May-ish?

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy Neighbors! Just joining the community from Round Rock, Texas . New to overlanding, not new to primitive camping. I've got a brand new rig (2022 Trail Boss) that needs some dent and scratches (maybe just a few). I'm hoping to learn a lot for y'all and join in on any trips that have space for a newbie! Anyone headed to Merus Adventure Park in May-ish?
Hallo Jack
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

• Hello Vinny
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jack, welcome to Overland Bound.

VinnySC10

Rank I

Contributor III

Eloy, AZ, USA
First Name
Vincent
Last Name
Flowers
Service Branch
Navy

• Hello Vinny
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Thank you for those links, I'll give them a good read.

New to AZ as well so the location spots will be doubly helpful.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Jack and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is @freak4life
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Steven anderson
Ogden ut
Machinist
99 gmc suburban
stock for now solid axle swap coming soon
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
Solid axle swap is a great idea.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
RESOURCE MAP

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Vincent, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Jack, welcome to Overland Bound!

ifellonscissors

Rank II

Contributor III

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Fish
Member #

What's Upaluffagus, Home Skillets?!?!?!

My name is Steven and I am (obviously) new to to the forum and relatively new to off-roading. I've had a 1984 Chevy Blazer, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 Jeep Wrangler and now...[insert child-like giggle here]... a 2022 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium. I've had her for three weeks and I think we have started to develop a very rewarding relationship. She will be my daily driver as well as my Weekend Warrior...or Enabler...whatevs...

From what I understand, her preferred diet is mostly grasses, roots, bark, flowers, moss, etc. When she's bored she apparently likes to roll around in snow, mud or dirt. Sometimes she prefers bouldering or light rock climbing and when she needs to cool off, streams or puddles seem to do the trick. It is my responsibility to provide as many opportunities as possible for her to indulge in these activities.

All I ask from her in return is to get me from point A to point B...or point C, D or point where-the-fu#%-am-I-now??? reliably while I laugh and holler like a crazy person. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I did a bit of off-roading several years ago in the Jeeps. All were mostly stock and the trails ranged from fire roads to some relatively sketchy trails that fell within the capabilities of the vehicle I drove at the time. I wouldn't consider myself an "experienced" off-roader but also not quite a newbie. I am open and anxious to learn more. I did months of research on new Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, Ford Broncos and Rangers, Chevy Colorado, and Toyota 4Runners and Tacomas. The 4Runner just kept climbing to the top of the list.

So now I need to get her out into the wild and see what she can do. I am not afraid to get her (or myself) dirty. We're both up for hard work and learning from more experienced people. I'm excited to be here and plan on being an active member and participant in events. I'm even willing to drive across a state or two to meet up and go out and explore!

Adventure gathers, and now my watch begins!
Steven

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone, kinda new to the group. However, my husband is lurking around on here somewhere! We are not new to camping or traveling, but we are new to overlanding and we are loving the OB site. It is tough for us to get out with our jobs, He is an Emergency Manager and I am an ER Nurse at our VA and the Level One Trauma Center in Memphis and it has been a crazy 22 months. We look forward to meeting up with and learning from everyone here. Thanks for all the advice you guys have already given us.

We also each have our own vehicles.

-Hannah Carpenter, H&B Adventures OB#30662
Hello and welcome from Atlanta

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

What's Upaluffagus, Home Skillets?!?!?!

My name is Steven and I am (obviously) new to to the forum and relatively new to off-roading. I've had a 1984 Chevy Blazer, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 Jeep Wrangler and now...[insert child-like giggle here]... a 2022 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium. I've had her for three weeks and I think we have started to develop a very rewarding relationship. She will be my daily driver as well as my Weekend Warrior...or Enabler...whatevs...

From what I understand, her preferred diet is mostly grasses, roots, bark, flowers, moss, etc. When she's bored she apparently likes to roll around in snow, mud or dirt. Sometimes she prefers bouldering or light rock climbing and when she needs to cool off, streams or puddles seem to do the trick. It is my responsibility to provide as many opportunities as possible for her to indulge in these activities.

All I ask from her in return is to get me from point A to point B...or point C, D or point where-the-fu#%-am-I-now??? reliably while I laugh and holler like a crazy person. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I did a bit of off-roading several years ago in the Jeeps. All were mostly stock and the trails ranged from fire roads to some relatively sketchy trails that fell within the capabilities of the vehicle I drove at the time. I wouldn't consider myself an "experienced" off-roader but also not quite a newbie. I am open and anxious to learn more. I did months of research on new Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, Ford Broncos and Rangers, Chevy Colorado, and Toyota 4Runners and Tacomas. The 4Runner just kept climbing to the top of the list.

So now I need to get her out into the wild and see what she can do. I am not afraid to get her (or myself) dirty. We're both up for hard work and learning from more experienced people. I'm excited to be here and plan on being an active member and participant in events. I'm even willing to drive across a state or two to meet up and go out and explore!

Adventure gathers, and now my watch begins!
Steven
Hallo Steven
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden