Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all!! My name is Mike and I’m in Long Island NY. A year ago my father past away in Puerto Rico and I decided to keep his 2010 Jeep jk. It has since gone through a total make over. I have two little boys and I’m looking for a fun way to bond with them away from the iPads and PlayStation. I’m excited to start this new journey and hobby. Thanks for the amazing videos. Looking forward to hitting the trails.
Hello Mike and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all!! My name is Mike and I’m in Long Island NY. A year ago my father past away in Puerto Rico and I decided to keep his 2010 Jeep jk. It has since gone through a total make over. I have two little boys and I’m looking for a fun way to bond with them away from the iPads and PlayStation. I’m excited to start this new journey and hobby. Thanks for the amazing videos. Looking forward to hitting the trails.
Hallo Mike
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

My name is Graydon McKee and I live in Cumming, Ga. I’m new to Overlanding though I used to go “4Wheeling” quite a bit 20+ years ago. I preferred “low and slow” to the mud slinging. At least most of the time.
I used to be a Jeep guy but have recently inherited a 2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport. It is stock but I plan on some minor modifications over the next few years. First thing is new tires and fixing the 4Low actuator. My father ran it in 4High once a month but never bothered with 4Low. Use it or loose it they say.
Welcome To Overland Bound Graydon
Have fun with your build, the 4Runner is a solid platform to start with.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. @k9sar is a great local resource in GA
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Dirty_Trail_Clean_Mind

Rank III

Contributor III

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Yaya
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Graydon McKee and I live in Cumming, Ga. I’m new to Overlanding though I used to go “4Wheeling” quite a bit 20+ years ago. I preferred “low and slow” to the mud slinging. At least most of the time.
I used to be a Jeep guy but have recently inherited a 2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport. It is stock but I plan on some minor modifications over the next few years. First thing is new tires and fixing the 4Low actuator. My father ran it in 4High once a month but never bothered with 4Low. Use it or loose it they say.
Welcome Mike!

Dirty_Trail_Clean_Mind

Rank III

Contributor III

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Yaya
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Rick and I'm excited to be here!

I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.
3) I have a (new to me) 2015 Toyota 4RUNNER. It's mostly stock as far as I can tell. It's and SR5 Premium and seems to have most of the off road goodies that the TRD models have without the badging and price tag. My goal is to try to make it as capable as possible while keeping it looking stock.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I would consider myself a novice. I had a 95 Bronco back in the day and took it out out a few times but it was a bit of a basketcase and wasn't reliable...so I didn't do a lot with it and ended up selling it. Looking forward to getting out on some trails again!
Hey Rick! Your gone have fun in that 4Runner!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone!

Hello Graydon, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound!

Outlandish_Mits

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hampton
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome aboard!!

Outlandish_Mits

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hampton
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force

3) I have a (new to me) 2015 Toyota 4RUNNER. It's mostly stock as far as I can tell. It's and SR5 Premium and seems to have most of the off road goodies that the TRD models have without the badging and price tag. My goal is to try to make it as capable as possible while keeping it looking stock.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I would consider myself a novice. I had a 95 Bronco back in the day and took it out out a few times but it was a bit of a basketcase and wasn't reliable...so I didn't do a lot with it and ended up selling it. Looking forward to getting out on some trails again!
Welcome into the community!

GSMcKee

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Graydon
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Welcome!

GSMcKee

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Graydon
Last Name
McKee
Member #

Welcome

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Hello everyone!

Welcome from Charlotte, NC, Graydon.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Welcome, Mike! I’m in the same boat, getting my 7 year old son out in nature any way I can get him interested.

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
Hello everyone!

Howdy! This is the first response to a post I've done. I am a new member, just signed up to be a part of this community. I am also new to off-roading / overlanding. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler, no real mods. I have been to Ocean City Maryland's Jeep Beach Week before and played around a little here and there on some mild trails but nothing significant. I am looking forward to getting educated and motivated thru this site. I've only been to Georgia once, Savannah, staying there a few days before going to Florida. I stayed at a "Haunted Hotel" in Savannah in hopes to experience some paranormal activity but it didnt happen while I was awake haha. I'm not too far away, I'm a Virginian.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Howdy! This is the first response to a post I've done. I am a new member, just signed up to be a part of this community. I am also new to off-roading / overlanding. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler, no real mods. I have been to Ocean City Maryland's Jeep Beach Week before and played around a little here and there on some mild trails but nothing significant. I am looking forward to getting educated and motivated thru this site. I've only been to Georgia once, Savannah, staying there a few days before going to Florida. I stayed at a "Haunted Hotel" in Savannah in hopes to experience some paranormal activity but it didnt happen while I was awake haha. I'm not too far away, I'm a Virginian.
Hi John,

Thank you for your detailed introduction.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
New Member Intro
Name: John
I am pretty excited I stumbled across this site after watching a YouTube Video by Crazy Empty Nest titled "What is Overlanding? Overland Camping 101- How to Get Started"
I like camping, mostly car camping sites. I like hiking the trails locally and in the Shenandoah Mountains. The concept of Overlanding is always something I have thought about but never pursued due to work and life. Luckily, my wife is on board and loves the outdoors and adventures too, and she is excited to make time with me, both of us stepping away from work and school and trainings, to go on more adventures. Overlanding falls right in place to what we want. I am excited to learn lots form everyone here.

I also stumbled across www.overlandexpo.com/east/ yesterday while browsing around and am definitely considering take leave from work to attend and learn.

Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, practically stock.