Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Brian Swehla
Rig: 2020 Tacoma
I’ve been enjoying the outdoors for a number of years and after acquiring a 4wd truck I’ve combined my love for being outside with vehicular adventure.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brian
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Patrick G. here……
Experience: always been an outdoor enthusiast….but new to overlanding
Vehicle: 2021 Powerwagon that I’m currently rigging out for trips

interested in getting some experience with seasoned pros in anticipation of my first father son trip down the Baja Peninsula this Summer. would love to join a caravan if anyone is going down Baja this summer?
Welcome to the OB community Patrick.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello people. My name is Anthony Broussard and my wife is Karen Broussard. We are just getting into overlanding. We are from Lafayette LA aka Cajun Country. We drive a 2012 Ford Raptor named Rex. We are looking forward to seeing many parts of the United States in our future travels. Not sure where to start but can’t wait. Looks like this might be the place for useful info.
Welcome to the OB community Anthony and Karen. There is lots of good info to be found here. Places to go, mods to make, etc.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hey guys, my name’s Lorne from Red Deer Alberta Canada. I just bought a used 2019 4Runner I plan on eventually gearing up for overlanding. First order are tires.

At the moment I’m just a “visiting member “ and plan on getting a full membership but need to know just how active are the Canadian member here.

I’ll try to post a pic of my rig (completely stock atm) but I’m not very tech so I might botch it.

Anyways, this is me. Looking forward to talking with you guys about rigs and trails and sharing some stories.
Welcome to the OB community Lorne.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hey everyone!!

We’re Miranda & Michael from Timmy_TheTundra! We’re currently in the process of building out our 2021 Toyota Tundra to make it overland-capable. So far we have switched out the suspension (BP-51), added a bumper, an antenna and radio system, a snorkel, a custom leaf kit, and we’ve installed a SwitchPro. Next on our list is a down payment on a Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Hawk, then a flatbed, airbags, rear locker, gears, sliders, and rear armor. We’re so excited to eventually meet up with everyone and use this app to its full capability!

Happy travels.

Miranda & Michael
Welcome to the OB community. Nice looking Tundra.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from the Greater Phoenix area. We are Graham and Steph Taylor and can’t wait for what 2022 has in store for us… we’ve spent the last year “finding our groove” and building out the 2020 Ranger. Amazing times re discovering ourselves, each other and nature. Glad to be in this community.
Hello Graham and Steph, welcome to Overland Bound. I spent you some links on our Arizona page.

SacFett

Rank II

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Jonthomas
Last Name
Deardorff
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet - EM1(SW)
Greetings from the Greater Phoenix area. We are Graham and Steph Taylor and can’t wait for what 2022 has in store for us… we’ve spent the last year “finding our groove” and building out the 2020 Ranger. Amazing times re discovering ourselves, each other and nature. Glad to be in this community.
Welcome! I grew up in the Phoenix area, left a bit over 25 years ago. Nice to meet you!

SacFett

Rank II

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Jonthomas
Last Name
Deardorff
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet - EM1(SW)
Welcome to Overland Bound JT
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a local meet up in El Dorado Hills that you can find on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks Kent!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Good Morning,
My name is JT, from Sacramento, Calif.
My current vehicle is a '21 Tacoma. It's my third Tacoma, though the first one not being leased, so I actually get to keep it for more than three years. I plan on outfitting it with some gear and travelling to dark sky sites with it for stargazing. My only overlanding experience thus far is to pack the bed full of camping equipment and driving out to a camping area in a state park designed for such. I'd really like to try out dispersed camping, driving along a trail till it's time to stop and relax and pop out the tent I plan on getting.

View attachment 219146
Welcome to Overland Bound JT. Sac is an awesome place as a home base to go do most of Northern Cal. We did time in Penn Valley, Sac, Yuba and Lodi while dad was at Beale. Have fun out on the trails. Happy New Year

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rich, would love any links to the Arizona folks….if you don’t mind.
Hello Patrick

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

DM me if I can help, hoping to get a meet/greet going if everyone is ok after the insanity of the last two years.

SacFett

Rank II

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Jonthomas
Last Name
Deardorff
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet - EM1(SW)
Welcome to Overland Bound JT. Sac is an awesome place as a home base to go do most of Northern Cal. We did time in Penn Valley, Sac, Yuba and Lodi while dad was at Beale. Have fun out on the trails. Happy New Year
It does seem like it, except for the way way south areas. I just don't know what's out there, so hopefully I'll be able to find some areas on here! :)

SacFett

Rank II

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Jonthomas
Last Name
Deardorff
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet - EM1(SW)
Hello all,
My name is Rick
I live in Central NC
Retired Navy Chief
Ive had several 4Runners over the years.
Currently have a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
Welcome Chief! I'm guessing you were an MR? What ships did you serve on? I left the service almost 15 years ago now, served on the Ike and the Saipan out of Norfolk, and the Rentz out of San Diego.