Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! I will upload one once it's daylight out haha I just got my Rig and it's just a bone stock
2) Location Boerne Texas
3) Rig 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice) I'm new to Overlanding, I've been wanting to buy a rig for sometime now and finally did. I look forward to going to some meets to get some advice on gear for my rig and meeting you all online as well.

Thank you!
YodaRunner
Hello Steven, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Onasled Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Pomfret, CT, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Vasileff
Member #

Not new, but finally introducing myself.
Name is Greg and I live in northeast CT., USA
65 years old
Vehicle is a 2006 Land Rover LR3
Spent the summer of 2021 building my Land Rover LR3 to take me on a journey. Fell 3 months behind so the journey out was very short, about 28 days.
Worked out some bugs and am tending to them now so I can have a much more fulfilling 2022.
I travel solo. Have done so for many years, but have discovered that solo is becoming too hard. Really hoping to find others, groups to tag on to, as to ad to the experience and mostly learn from
Been off and on off roading since 1977 in various vehicles. Traveled in a motorhome and full times in that for 4 years. I'm now combining the two for what I consider a more intimate way to see this country.
So I will now spend more time here to try and make these connections.
Thanks for the opportunity.

By the way, I am seeing post starting from oldest to newest. I can't seem to find a way to switch that. Help?

Attached are some pics of my LR to which I did all the work meself. ;)

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey guys,
I have been present here in the forum for about a month, but haven't introduced myself.

I am from middle TN area. I have a 2007 Toyota 4runned Limited V8. It has slight modifications, leveling lift kit, slightly larger A/T tires. Simple, but capable. Future mods may be a roof rack and rock sliders.

I have camped regularly since I was a child. Most of our travels have stayed close to the beaten paths at campgrounds a state parks, but we have a had a few dispersed camping trips. Either way we are out enjoying the nature around us. If there is an unpaved or gravel road, I will be seeing where it goes, if it is public access, of course.

Thanks for the opportunity to join and welcome to all the other new members.

Adventure is necessary. Let's go!
Hello Darrell, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good afternoon all, my name is Ken Ramirez, I am new to overland camping and my rig is a 87 4runner which I have put together my self and semi-retired looking forward to completing my bucket list, I have much to learn from you all. Be blessed View attachment 218334
Hello Ken, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello there all, I am Brad and we are Grace Brad and Dusty. The team of us are just getting into overlanding and are very excited to start making adventures iff the beaten path!
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
Boston Area
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2016 Toyota 4runner sr5
4) Overlanding Experience Background - I have been camping my whole life, so,e backcountry hiking, tons of day hikes, avid mountain biker and snowboarder. I have been camping at traditional campsites and some nights out in open land. Nothing more than maintained gravel roads
Hello Grace, Brad, and Dusty, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello My name is David, I live in Riverbank CA. I recently registered on this forum.
I have experience in camping, backpacking and off-roading.
I hope to meet new friends that enjoy fly fishing and exploring the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountain range along HWY 395. I also enjoy the western slope of the Sierra Nevada as it's a relatively short drive for me.
I'm currently driving an Isuzu Trooper, it works well off-road and has plenty of room for my gear. It has a mild lift and slightly oversized tires.
I recently got my ham license and look forward to meeting you on the net.
Greetings David, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Bwana

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey Y'all!!!

Joining the adventure with my 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor. Current mods are ARB Skid plates, Shrockworks Rock Sliders and a few interior things. Anxious to learn from all of y'all and build my rig right.
Hello Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! I will upload one once it's daylight out haha I just got my Rig and it's just a bone stock
2) Location Boerne Texas
3) Rig 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice) I'm new to Overlanding, I've been wanting to buy a rig for sometime now and finally did. I look forward to going to some meets to get some advice on gear for my rig and meeting you all online as well.

Thank you!
YodaRunner
Hello Steven, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
65 years old
Spent the summer of 2021 building my Land Rover LR3 to take me on a journey. Fell 3 months behind so the journey out was very short, about 28 days.
Worked out some bugs and am tending to them now so I can have a much more fulfilling 2022.
I travel solo. Have done so for many years, but have discovered that solo is becoming too hard. Really hoping to find others, groups to tag on to, as to ad to the experience and mostly learn from
Been off and on off roading since 1977 in various vehicles. Traveled in a motorhome and full times in that for 4 years. I'm now combining the two for what I consider a more intimate way to see this country.

By the way, I am seeing post starting from oldest to newest. I can't seem to find a way to switch that. Help?

Hello Greg, sweet rig you have!

wlmartin86

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nashville, Arkansas
First Name
Will
Last Name
Martin
Hey all, new here from Central Arkansas, I have a 2016 tundra I was going to outfit, but felt I'd be better suited with something a little smaller, so recently acquired a 2014 nissan xterra, probably won't be many mods until next spring, just thought I'd drop in and check this place out.
Hi Ryan, welcome. I'm in the Nashville/Murfreesboro area. I had a 2010 Xterra OR and had a lot of fun with it.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
live in Lexington KY. Just started getting my 09 Xterra ready from some Overlanding fun. Sitting on a 2.5 ADO lift and waiting for 33s first of the year. Can't wait to start getting out again. Cheers y'all
Hello Ben, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all, just got done watching a show about Overlanding. Never heard of it so I googled it and here I am. I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD. I’m from South Jersey. I am wrapping up striper season fishing, driving on the beach, and boat fishing for the year and looking for something new to get me outside. I’m a novice for driving in the woods but have experience driving on sand. This looks interesting. Have a lot of questions but that’s all for now.
Hello Steven, welcome to the OB family.

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

65 years old

Welcome to OB Greg. Great Rig!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys,
I have been present here in the forum for about a month, but haven't introduced myself.

I am from middle TN area. I have a 2007 Toyota 4runned Limited V8. It has slight modifications, leveling lift kit, slightly larger A/T tires. Simple, but capable. Future mods may be a roof rack and rock sliders.

I have camped regularly since I was a child. Most of our travels have stayed close to the beaten paths at campgrounds a state parks, but we have a had a few dispersed camping trips. Either way we are out enjoying the nature around us. If there is an unpaved or gravel road, I will be seeing where it goes, if it is public access, of course.

Thanks for the opportunity to join and welcome to all the other new members.

Adventure is necessary. Let's go!
Hello Darrell, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good afternoon all, my name is Ken Ramirez, I am new to overland camping and my rig is a 87 4runner which I have put together my self and semi-retired looking forward to completing my bucket list, I have much to learn from you all. Be blessed View attachment 218334
Hello Ken (@Hazegray69 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you are pretty prepped for adventure already. Not much you way as far as meet-ups go, but if you're up for the drive, closest locations would be the San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park. Houston area has this Meet Up they recently started: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up. There was one in Galveston, but not sure if they are still meeting these days: Galveston County Meat & Greet. Of course, you can always start one of your own. I know there are a few folks on here in the Corpus Christi area.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello there all, I am Brad and we are Grace Brad and Dusty. The team of us are just getting into overlanding and are very excited to start making adventures iff the beaten path!
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
Boston Area
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2016 Toyota 4runner sr5
4) Overlanding Experience Background - I have been camping my whole life, so,e backcountry hiking, tons of day hikes, avid mountain biker and snowboarder. I have been camping at traditional campsites and some nights out in open land. Nothing more than maintained gravel roads
Hello Grace, Brad & Dusty, welcome to the OB family.