First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys,

My name is Garrett Robbins and I am excited to get into overlanding. I live in Ellenboro, NC which gives me close access to many good trails in the area. I have a strong background in hiking/camping, offroad trail riding (dirtbikes, four-wheelers, SXS), raced harescrambles for 10+ years, mountain biking all over western NC, as well as hiking and camping many popular and not-so-popular spots in western NC. I am recently married from October 9, and am looking forward to sharing the experiences with my wife Sydney, and my dad, David. We are all three very much in love with nature, exploration, and my dad and I take up photography and videography in our free time. Overlanding seems to be all of my favorite things combined in one.

I have most of the fundamental camping items for basic survival, but overlanding in a vehicle will be completely new to me. Any tips, recommendations, trail/route suggestions, or general gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the ride! We are looking forward to exploring more of our home state, and eventually doing some road trips up north and out west to experience all new landscapes. Can’t wait to join this community and meet lots of new friends along the way!

RIG: I recently purchased a 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 offroad (pictured) and will be picking up my RTT and bed rack on Saturday (pictured as well). View attachment 217174View attachment 217176View attachment 217177View attachment 217178
Hello Garrett, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of this community!

Rig: 2002 Mitsubishi Montero
Completely new to overlanding but I love exploring new places and hope to meet a lot of you guys! Building my Montero lightly to be able to go to some beautiful places as I’m a photographer and love capturing new locations. Picture coming soon!
Hello Lucas, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All I just signed up! Looking forward to get into overlanding, starting to mod my Outback to start a few trips in the spring. Can't wait to share ideas and meet a few members on the open road.

Rig: Subaru Outback Wilderness
Hello Ken (@apoOverlanding ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You've got a good base to start with the Outback.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Ryan Lippmann
DTLA, CA

Rigs:

04 Discovery
01 Jeep XJ
15 GMC Sierra

Been off-roading since '93 primarily throughout northern CA / Tahoe area.

Looking forward to meeting new people and tackling new adventures wherever we may roam...
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy! Liz from DFW Texas here. Just joined/paid but we’ve been camping for decades. We’re more interested now in the ability to get away from state parks when camping and moving into overlanding. Slowly putting together our rig, which is based on a 2x4 2015 Tacoma.
Hello Liz (@elleandelle ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Glad to have you on board. Sounds like you are well on your way to adventure.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New guy here. Just bought a 99 Dakota 5.2 4x4 with camper, already have a Montero sport. If you've heard of the Black Mountain ATV park in KY, thats where im at. Looking for beginner tips and stuff.
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, my name is Joe.

1) Picture! No pictures yet unfortunately
2) Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
3) 1997 Toyota Tacoma (I4 XtraCab Manual)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, lots of camping experience but not much in the way of overlanding.
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:
View attachment 217287View attachment 217288View attachment 217289View attachment 217290View attachment 217291View attachment 217292View attachment 217293

Rig: 2006 - Ford E350 - Super Duty - 6.0 Diesel - Bulletproof - 4x4 by UJoint - Poptop CCV
I buy this Van 2021 in Poland and work since them to make this to an Overland Rig. New Interieur with Kitchen and Hob, Heater, new elektrik, New Rims and Tires, New Box on the Back with Planache Grill, LPG Gas Tank for cooking, Roofrack, Solar etc. All is DIY. Unfortunately we are still not finished.

Overlanding Experience Background:
My wife and i travel since 1999 trought Europe. Not fulltime but we travel every holiday when the Kids have no school. First with Car, than Vans, RV´s, and finaly a Caravan. In September 2019 we buy the first 4x4, a VW T5 Seikel, we put a lot of money in this thing to convert it into a Overland Rig. But it was to small and the Offroad properties are not so good. So we decide to change to the E350. It was the right decision. :blush:
Hello Orkan, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, new member here!

Name: David

Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Frontier SL

Experience: Novice

Expectations: to improve my current rig and get out on those dirt and gravel roads, find some awesome new camp sites, and create lasting memories for my kids!
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

Seang58

Rank I

Contributor III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Gallagher
Service Branch
Retired law enforcem
Thank you for accepting me. I am interested in overlanding but I am a complete newbie. I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD that is a 4WD that is only used for the street. I am interested in upgrading and converting it to take off- road. For now I will be reading and listening.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thank you for accepting me. I am interested in overlanding but I am a complete newbie. I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD that is a 4WD that is only used for the street. I am interested in upgrading and converting it to take off- road. For now I will be reading and listening.
Hello Sean, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New member, 2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD, based in Lewisville, Texas. Retired. Starting my overlanding adventure March 2022 with the TAT. Thanks.
Hello Keith (@Desert Storm 2019 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Love your rig. Looks like you are already ready for adventure.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Sean, welcome to the OB family.