Member I

Ellenboro, NC, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Robbins
Member #

Hey guys,

My name is Garrett Robbins and I am excited to get into overlanding. I live in Ellenboro, NC which gives me close access to many good trails in the area. I have a strong background in hiking/camping, offroad trail riding (dirtbikes, four-wheelers, SXS), raced harescrambles for 10+ years, mountain biking all over western NC, as well as hiking and camping many popular and not-so-popular spots in western NC. I am recently married from October 9, and am looking forward to sharing the experiences with my wife Sydney, and my dad, David. We are all three very much in love with nature, exploration, and my dad and I take up photography and videography in our free time. Overlanding seems to be all of my favorite things combined in one.

I have most of the fundamental camping items for basic survival, but overlanding in a vehicle will be completely new to me. Any tips, recommendations, trail/route suggestions, or general gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the ride! We are looking forward to exploring more of our home state, and eventually doing some road trips up north and out west to experience all new landscapes. Can’t wait to join this community and meet lots of new friends along the way!

RIG: I recently purchased a 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 offroad (pictured) and will be picking up my RTT and bed rack on Saturday (pictured as well). 0B0DC56C-19CD-42C9-BA39-30BDE11E07F2.jpeg220D2F1C-6EC6-4162-B329-292B4C774006.jpegB1B5593D-559D-42B5-8964-D5C2252EE05A.jpeg5681064E-4610-44D5-85C0-D7727348AF52.jpeg

Loocuz

Rank II

Contributor III

Willow Creek, CA, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Olivera
Member #

Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of this community!

Rig: 2002 Mitsubishi Montero
Completely new to overlanding but I love exploring new places and hope to meet a lot of you guys! Building my Montero lightly to be able to go to some beautiful places as I’m a photographer and love capturing new locations. Picture coming soon!

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps

Completely new to overlanding but I love exploring new places and hope to meet a lot of you guys! Building my Montero lightly to be able to go to some beautiful places as I’m a photographer and love capturing new locations. Picture coming soon!
Welcome to the OB community! I look forward to see the pictures you post.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! Happy to be a member finally.

Rig: 2013 Chevy Silverado
Experience: Long time outdoorsman, camper & hunter. Stumbled across overlanding looking for camping gear a few years back and have been hooked since. Rig is a work in progress.
Hello Michael
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, new member here. I'm interested in seeing more of North America, and maybe eventually other places, with an emphasis on wilderness areas. Acadia and northeastern Canada (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland) are on the list. I'm currently building out a 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road for this purpose. The challenge is how to fit components for everyday living into the limited space. Looking forward to sharing ideas and knowledge with all of you!
Hello Ted. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey guys,

My name is Garrett Robbins and I am excited to get into overlanding. I live in Ellenboro, NC which gives me close access to many good trails in the area. I have a strong background in hiking/camping, offroad trail riding (dirtbikes, four-wheelers, SXS), raced harescrambles for 10+ years, mountain biking all over western NC, as well as hiking and camping many popular and not-so-popular spots in western NC. I am recently married from October 9, and am looking forward to sharing the experiences with my wife Sydney, and my dad, David. We are all three very much in love with nature, exploration, and my dad and I take up photography and videography in our free time. Overlanding seems to be all of my favorite things combined in one.

I have most of the fundamental camping items for basic survival, but overlanding in a vehicle will be completely new to me. Any tips, recommendations, trail/route suggestions, or general gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the ride! We are looking forward to exploring more of our home state, and eventually doing some road trips up north and out west to experience all new landscapes. Can’t wait to join this community and meet lots of new friends along the way!

RIG: I recently purchased a 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 offroad (pictured) and will be picking up my RTT and bed rack on Saturday (pictured as well). View attachment 217174View attachment 217176View attachment 217177View attachment 217178
Hello Garrett, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Lucas, welcome to Overland Bound.

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran

Experience: Long time outdoorsman, camper & hunter. Stumbled across overlanding looking for camping gear a few years back and have been hooked since. Rig is a work in progress.
Welcome

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Hey guys,

RIG: I recently purchased a 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 offroad (pictured) and will be picking up my RTT and bed rack on Saturday (pictured as well). View attachment 217174View attachment 217176View attachment 217177View attachment 217178
Welcome Garrett

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
If you need any Montero ideas, @Montero Mike is a great reference. Mike has done one of the best builds I have ever seen.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys,

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: NCFireGuy and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

New member here!

2010 Toyota Sequoia
2004 Toyota 4runner v8

Bay Area, CA

Experienced old school rock crawler, just getting hooked to overloading.
Could you narrow down your location to a city, this helps members and the app get you local information.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new member here. I'm interested in seeing more of North America, and maybe eventually other places, with an emphasis on wilderness areas. Acadia and northeastern Canada (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland) are on the list. I'm currently building out a 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road for this purpose. The challenge is how to fit components for everyday living into the limited space. Looking forward to sharing ideas and knowledge with all of you!
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello!

New member here!

2010 Toyota Sequoia
2004 Toyota 4runner v8

Bay Area, CA

Experienced old school rock crawler, just getting hooked to overloading.
Hi Chris

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up had a great 2021 and looking forward to 2022. Post #2 has our current info.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY0C8CE459-0D30-4509-8B94-C9893A65C71E.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Member Representative is @freak4life

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Michael and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Ted and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R