Rank I

Contributor III

Tyler, TX, USA
First Name
Reed
Last Name
Burdette
Hello!

My name is Reed, I'm from East Texas but in college right now at Dallas Baptist University. I drive a 2001 Jeep Wrangler T. I am pretty new to overlanding but not the outdoor lifestyle. I have loved camping and being outdoors all my life and have made great memories camping, backpacking, canoeing, climbing, etc. and now want to experience a new way to enjoy the outdoors through overlanding. I have been on a couple small trips already and loved it so I'm excited to learn and possibly hit some trails with some of y'all!
IMG_2420.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

My name is Reed, I'm from East Texas but in college right now at Dallas Baptist University. I drive a 2001 Jeep Wrangler T. I am pretty new to overlanding but not the outdoor lifestyle. I have loved camping and being outdoors all my life and have made great memories camping, backpacking, canoeing, climbing, etc. and now want to experience a new way to enjoy the outdoors through overlanding. I have been on a couple small trips already and loved it so I'm excited to learn and possibly hit some trails with some of y'all!
View attachment 216922
Welcome to Overland Bound Reed
Good looking TJ
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm Candice, recently relocated in Colorado (my native state) after being in California for 20+ years. I'm a rookie at overlanding and looking to learn about possible vehicle mods for my 2019 RAV4 Limited, and/or if mods are even necessary. I look forward to participating in a community where I can meet like minded people while enjoying the outdoors, each other or our vehicles. I used to camp with my dad a lot as a kid but have not gone camping much as an adult, so I'm hoping to get that spark for the joy of camping again. I think facing mother nature builds character and confidence. If you have any recommendations in Colorado for newbies like me in vehicles like mine, please do let me know! I'm looking forward to scenic drives, camping, hiking and learning about my vehicle and driving off-road skills!
Welcome to Overland Bound Candice
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @Iridium Fort Collins
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Iridium

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi! I'm Candice, recently relocated in Colorado (my native state) after being in California for 20+ years. I'm a rookie at overlanding and looking to learn about possible vehicle mods for my 2019 RAV4 Limited, and/or if mods are even necessary. I look forward to participating in a community where I can meet like minded people while enjoying the outdoors, each other or our vehicles. I used to camp with my dad a lot as a kid but have not gone camping much as an adult, so I'm hoping to get that spark for the joy of camping again. I think facing mother nature builds character and confidence. If you have any recommendations in Colorado for newbies like me in vehicles like mine, please do let me know! I'm looking forward to scenic drives, camping, hiking and learning about my vehicle and driving off-road skills!
Welcome Candice!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Candice, welcome to Overland Bound.
I have found trailsoffroad.com to be accurate in their assessment of the degree of difficulty on their trail ratings. You might try them for local trails.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

View attachment 216922
Hello Reed, welcome to Overland Bound.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome from Germany Candice. There's lots of info here to get you started.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello!

Welcome from Germany Reed! Overlanding plus all your other outdoor activities is a great combo. I look forward to reading about your trips.

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
Current Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Trooper LS
Other Vehicle: 1990 Jeep Comanche
Overland Experience: Novice-like
Why Overlanding?: with a background in 4x4 exploring (no camping), backpacking, car-camping and such, it just seemed natural to upgrade the Trooper we'd used to haul Boy Scouts all over the Eastern Sierra and Berdoo, making it into a rig for my son, out dog and me. We're into it for the travel, for the remote fishing lakes, the backroads...

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello, my name is Morgan, and I’m new here. Haha

I drive a 16’ Chevy Colorado. Just started mods on it. I built the roof rack and am in the process of building a rooftop tent. Needless to say at this point, I like building stuff.
Welcome Morgan to Overland Bound, the Texas chapter is strong and mighty, even if we have limited places to play in the state

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Why Overlanding?: with a background in 4x4 exploring (no camping), backpacking, car-camping and such, it just seemed natural to upgrade the Trooper we'd used to haul Boy Scouts all over the Eastern Sierra and Berdoo, making it into a rig for my son, out dog and me. We're into it for the travel, for the remote fishing lakes, the backroads...
Welcome Erik, what a great area for Overlanding and Scouting we got taken WAY out to the race trace in Death Valley to earn our Bugling badges. They said we could wake the dead. Don't think any of use slept that weekend

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I’m excited to be new to the community! Our family has been off-roading for a few years, but have recently gotten into overlanding with our 1967 m416 military trailer. I can’t wait to get involved!
Welcome Jason

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi there, my name is Storm and I wanted to stop by and thank you all for adding me to the group. I'm new to the El Dorado Hills area moving in from Colorado. My wife grew up here and with twins, we needed to be closer to family. I love wheeling my 2018 Jeep Wk Trailhawk. It has some tasteful and functional upgrades to make it as capable as possible. I grew up going to the desert in SoCal riding dirtbikes and various other outdoor activities. My setup is very simple currently although with family more creature comforts are on the way like a Shift Pod. Looking forward to linking up with more folks that like to get out, and get lost. - Stay hungry and stay humble

Rig: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: I
Welcome Storm

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Erik, welcome to Overland Bound.

QMC

Rank I

Contributor III

Waukesha, WI, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mason
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9AMZ
Service Branch
Navy (1979-1999)
Hi Everyone,
My name is Charlie I retired from the Navy in 1999 as a Chief Quartermaster (QMC). I retired from the Xerox Corporation in 2019. My Ham call sign is KD9AMZ. I live in South East Wisconsin and drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I am a Novice Overlander. Looking forward to traveling off the beaten path.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hi Everyone,
My name is Charlie I retired from the Navy in 1999 as a Chief Quartermaster (QMC). I retired from the Xerox Corporation in 2019. My Ham call sign is KD9AMZ. I live in South East Wisconsin and drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I am a Novice Overlander. Looking forward to traveling off the beaten path.
thank you for your service!
Welcome to Overland Bound Charlie

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone,
Hello Charlie, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service.