Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
Hi everyone, my name is Gianluca.

I'm originally from Costa Rica, I spend most of my time between San Jose, CR, and Florida, where I work. So, I kind of split my year going back and forth!

Here's a picture of my rig back in CR, where off road trails are some of the best.

I own a Nissan Armada Y61, or Patrol, 2005. It's slowly coming around, nice little project. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

I'd say I'm Intermediate. I've got some experience overlanding, and I've done some nice trips around California, Arizona, Utah, Costa Rica, and luckily New Zealand and Australia. Not exactly an expert as none of these have been the toughest trails, trips or situations, but I've been around!

guana-equipment-roof-top-tent.jpg

Tango Tiger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I'm originally from Costa Rica, I spend most of my time between San Jose, CR, and Florida, where I work. So, I kind of split my year going back and forth!

Here's a picture of my rig back in CR, where off road trails are some of the best.

I own a Nissan Armada Y61, or Patrol, 2005. It's slowly coming around, nice little project. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

I'd say I'm Intermediate. I've got some experience overlanding, and I've done some nice trips around California, Arizona, Utah, Costa Rica, and luckily New Zealand and Australia. Not exactly an expert as none of these have been the toughest trails, trips or situations, but I've been around!

View attachment 214757
Welcome to OB. You’ve been to some great locations. I’m curious which of the places you’ve overlanded has been your favorite to this point. I’d love to make it to New Zealand some day.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

View attachment 214757
Welcome to the OB family

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 214757
Hello Gianluca, welcome to the OB family.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

I've been lurking for a while. I had Forester but recently traded it in for an Outback Wilderness that the dealer had installed K02's. Quick Google search and I found Prairie City SRVA here in NorCal. I figured a controlled environment and having others arround incase I did something stupid wasn't a bad idea. What a blast! I asked the Park Ranger for a map and general idea of how things worked. I'm an off road noob and he was very skeptical about my vehicle, much less med lol. He made sure to emphasize how muddy it was. I had no issues. They were having a Bronco Experience event so I kind of followed them around for a bit I watched others to figure what lines to take and not take. Guy almost rolled his truck. Pulled out a Toyota as 2 Jeeps watched. I wasn't anymore confident than they were but I was there and hooked up by the time they got there. Meet a guy named Chris. He had an AWD Ford and turns out we were watching each other with the if he can I can thing happening. Sorry for the longish post, just excited and need somebody to talk to. Wife is mad because I ordered some Primitive Racing skid plates :) View attachment 214728
Welcome to the OB family

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Jarrett and I live on the eastern shore of Maryland, near Ocean City. I have been following overlanding for a few years and when I got my license last year, I jumped in head first!

My current rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (aka the Silver Slug)

Mod List:
  1. 275/75/r17 General Grabbers
  2. 1.5" Supreme Suspensions wheel spacers
  3. 2.5" Supreme Suspensions strut spacer lift in the front
  4. Torch 2" add-a-leaf in the rear
  5. OV Valley Runner tune
  6. 3" MBRP XP series exhaust
  7. Hooke Road bed rack
  8. Plano 42" Cases on bed rack (2)
  9. X-Bull recovery boards and shovel mounted on bed rack
Welcome to OB, Jarrett! We're glad to have you here. Sweet rig. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

I've been lurking for a while. I had Forester but recently traded it in for an Outback Wilderness that the dealer had installed K02's. Quick Google search and I found Prairie City SRVA here in NorCal. I figured a controlled environment and having others arround incase I did something stupid wasn't a bad idea. What a blast! I asked the Park Ranger for a map and general idea of how things worked. I'm an off road noob and he was very skeptical about my vehicle, much less med lol. He made sure to emphasize how muddy it was. I had no issues. They were having a Bronco Experience event so I kind of followed them around for a bit I watched others to figure what lines to take and not take. Guy almost rolled his truck. Pulled out a Toyota as 2 Jeeps watched. I wasn't anymore confident than they were but I was there and hooked up by the time they got there. Meet a guy named Chris. He had an AWD Ford and turns out we were watching each other with the if he can I can thing happening. Sorry for the longish post, just excited and need somebody to talk to. Wife is mad because I ordered some Primitive Racing skid plates :) View attachment 214728
Welcome to OB, Tony! We're glad to have you here. Cool story and glad to hear it all went well. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone!
Rig: 1985 Chevrolet K5 Blazer M1009 military with 6.2 diesel
Experience: Novice
Welcome to OB, Richard! We're glad to have you here. Love those old diesel blazers, my friend has one and it was a blast to wheel around in, inspired me to get my 6.5 burb. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

View attachment 214757
Welcome to OB, Gianluca! We're glad to have you here. That's a good looking rig and some great experience, I think! Enjoy OB!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone, my name is Jarrett and I live on the eastern shore of Maryland, near Ocean City. I have been following overlanding for a few years and when I got my license last year, I jumped in head first!

My current rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (aka the Silver Slug)

Mod List:
  1. 275/75/r17 General Grabbers
  2. 1.5" Supreme Suspensions wheel spacers
  3. 2.5" Supreme Suspensions strut spacer lift in the front
  4. Torch 2" add-a-leaf in the rear
  5. OV Valley Runner tune
  6. 3" MBRP XP series exhaust
  7. Hooke Road bed rack
  8. Plano 42" Cases on bed rack (2)
  9. X-Bull recovery boards and shovel mounted on bed rack
Hello Jarrett, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Tony, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 214757
Hello Gianluca, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 214757
Welcome to Overland Bound Gianluca
I would love to hear more about the trails in CR. Great looking rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
Rig: 1985 Chevrolet K5 Blazer M1009 military with 6.2 diesel
Experience: Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you in NC is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
It was a really good idea to go to Prairie City, but you need to pressure wash that mud off the undercarriage it is corrosive. ;-)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Herk8240 and Shahn