Rank II

Traveler III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

Howdy! My name is Jean-Christophe (John for short). Currently living in Houston TX, so not sure if that's part of the SW or SE. We travel mostly the SW right now, but we're open to explore anything. We have a 2016 Jeep JKU, and so far we did simple trips out West with nothing major but building our gear slowly up. I'm looking forward learning a lot more and most importantly meet you guys out on the trails!

Attachments

nikoloffJ

Rank III
Investor

Contributor III

CA
First Name
Josef
Last Name
Nikoloff
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6DVN
Hello all! My name is Josef. I have lived in Los Angeles and adjacent all my life. I have a temperamental 1996 Land Rover Discovery that I absolutely love, and that gives me non-stop problems. I like to explore, though have mostly only done so on small trips and locally, though I'd like to go out and see more/do more. I'm really bad at taking pics when I do anything, so I'll include a pic of the rover in its most common "off-road" spot... the back of a tow truck!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy! My name is Jean-Christophe (John for short). Currently living in Houston TX, so not sure if that's part of the SW or SE. We travel mostly the SW right now, but we're open to explore anything. We have a 2016 Jeep JKU, and so far we did simple trips out West with nothing major but building our gear slowly up. I'm looking forward learning a lot more and most importantly meet you guys out on the trails!
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all! My name is Josef. I have lived in Los Angeles and adjacent all my life. I have a temperamental 1996 Land Rover Discovery that I absolutely love, and that gives me non-stop problems. I like to explore, though have mostly only done so on small trips and locally, though I'd like to go out and see more/do more. I'm really bad at taking pics when I do anything, so I'll include a pic of the rover in its most common "off-road" spot... the back of a tow truck!
Hello Josef, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

DavidD

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kimberly, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Duchesne
Service Branch
Navy veteran
Greetings from Wisconsin! I have a '21 Forester with no mods yet, I'm an experienced long distance hiker and camper and have always sought out adventure. I'm getting older now and it's time to put some wheels under myself. I have most of the gear I'll need and I'm starting on my rig as I can afford but right now I'm looking forward to some winter-wonderland adventure.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Valjean

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Josef and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and DavidD

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings from Wisconsin! I have a '21 Forester with no mods yet, I'm an experienced long distance hiker and camper and have always sought out adventure. I'm getting older now and it's time to put some wheels under myself. I have most of the gear I'll need and I'm starting on my rig as I can afford but right now I'm looking forward to some winter-wonderland adventure.
Hello David and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

JeffnJoy

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Henn
Hi this is Jeff. Excited to be a member. My wife, Joy, and I are new to overlanding. Working on our rig. Driving a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. Just got out Gobi rack and looking to add a Toytec lift soon. We are located in Colorado Springs, CO.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

Contributor I

First Name
Zack
Last Name
Singerman
Vehicle: 2017 Subaru Outback (modded)
Previous Vehicle: 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero (when I lived abroad in Qatar)

Previous Experience/Why?: Novice-mediocre: lots of sand dunes and airing down stock tires, which worked great. Also had a scary day stuck off grid in the mud in Qatar in 115F heat. Don’t make that mistake! Off grid/BLM camping only for me in SoCal- don’t like seeing neighbor camp sites. Love getting out of town and into nature!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Vehicle: 2017 Subaru Outback (modded)
Previous Vehicle: 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero (when I lived abroad in Qatar)

Previous Experience/Why?: Novice-mediocre: lots of sand dunes and airing down stock tires, which worked great. Also had a scary day stuck off grid in the mud in Qatar in 115F heat. Don’t make that mistake! Off grid/BLM camping only for me in SoCal- don’t like seeing neighbor camp sites. Love getting out of town and into nature!
Hello Zack, welcome to Overland Bound.

thewerehere

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Mendoza
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KIW
Hi there, just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I am located in Colorado near Canon City and do most of my exploring either in a 2002 Ford Excursion (Family of 7), 2013 Kawasaki Versys and Honda XR600R.

I've been off-roading, camping and backpacking most of my life and as the family grew overlanding seemed like a logical extension of that. Wouldn't say I am Experienced but I'm also not brand new.

Looking forward to getting involved and meeting up with folks from here!

Attachments

Valjean

Rank II

Traveler III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

John,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

I'm quite a bit away from Texas but I was stationed there in a couple places. There are trails spanning the entire state that I always found to be fun.
Thanks! Texas has a couple of great places, but sadly most is private land and it’s not always easy to find good places. The Big Bend area though never disappoints! My brother lives in Bakersfield CA and we go visit quite a bit. We might meet up one day when we drive through your area on one of our road trips.