Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey y'all, I'm out in Western Massachusetts with a 2013 Sahara JKU. I'm a relative novice but have completed two Jeep Trails of Honor - and too many bumpy Colorado trails for my liking. I'm not a rock crawler, haha. Currently looking to learn/find dispersed camping and adventures here at home, bonus if they're near good fly fishing spots. Neither our senior or 2-year-old dog like bouncing around, though, so definitely looking for camping along logging/forest roads - not trying to recreate the Jeep trails.

JeepJeep is on stock-sized all-terrain tires, has 90% undercarriage armor, rock sliders + Rubicon rails, winch, skid plate, exoskeleton rack and awning. Also have a very comprehensive camping setup but you know. There's always something to improve or tweak.
Welcome to OB, Landon! We're glad to have you here. Sounds like a heck of a rig already. Enjoy!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello all, we are a couple in the Tahoe/Reno area with a love of the outdoors. We have 2018 Tacoma that is setup to get through the rough stuff but have the conveniences of home.

See you in the trail,
Shawn
Welcome to OB, Shawn! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi all!

My name is James and I’m running a 2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon. It’s brand new so I’m working on upgrades. 35” tires came first because I had them. Then a Warn front bumper and winch and some lights. Next is some armor. But the plan is for 2.5-3” lift and 37” tires and a roof rack. My last rig was a 2017 JKU sport.

I’m from the west-central Texas area.

My wife and I are pretty new to over landing so we are still trying to perfect our gear list. But we do love to wheel the Jeep!
Welcome to OB, James! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey everyone, new guy here obviously. I've had a bunch of vehicles over the years, most recent went from a Lexus IS, FJ Cruiser, Audi S5 and now a Tacoma Pro. When I had the FJ I never used it as intended and I am working on fixing that now. Just poking around here a while, decided to join up
Welcome to OB, Justin! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi,
My name is Roger and I live in Queensland Australia, I own a Landcruiser FZJ80 1993 model of which I have been doing up for the last 18 months. I purchased it from a one owner farmer from the back of Dalby here in Queensland.
I have fitted front and rear locker's, heavy duty adjustable Panhard rods and trailing arms, heavy duty Tarrain Tamer wheel bearings, rebuilt swivel hubs, heavy duty drag links, reconditioned tail shafts and universal joints, new RDA brake rotors and pads, a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch lift King springs. I have installed a rear draw system and a 200ah Lithium ion battery with a DC/DC 50 amp charger and a 50 amp solar regulator. I have a King's rooftop tent, side awning and a shower awning.
I look forward to meeting fellow Overland adventurers and look forward to living the Overlander dream.
Welcome to OB, Roger! We're glad to have you here. Sounds like quite the rig you've got! Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hej y'all. I am so stoked to be a member of such a great community. My plans for the upcoming year are to meet as many overland outdoor enthusiasts here in northern Europe especially northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

I am 31 years old and a future PE high school teacher, part-time paramedic, swift water rescue technician, and rooftop rent company owner. I am currently driving a 2007 Volvo XC70 cause I think that's the perfect mix of city and adventure car.

Every hour spend in the outdoors is just like a vacation for the soul. Some friends and I are building solid connections and trying to explore the region.

Even though many of you are familiar with the legal situation in Germany. Most of the forest roads are private property with makes it pretty hard and exhausting to explore without getting into discussions. For sure, we have to respect the land of others, and sometimes people are pretty open-minded to permit legal passage.

I hope for a great sharing of gear, tips, and for new adventures to come.

Hook me up when you are around.

Stay safe and open-minded

Thore

#treatmothernaturewithrespect
Welcome to OB, Thore! We're glad to have you here. A lot of my heritage is from your area, I would love to spend a while out there and explore some! Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

hey guys I am excited to be joining the forum to learn and share my knowledge. I am no really new to camping or off- roading but I am finally putting the 2 together. I have had 3 jeeps previously, and just bought my new 2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon eco diesel, in gecko green, and my wife has a 2019 jeep wrangler Rubicon which we will use both to over land mine is just the pack mule. As for location, my wife and I are traveling ER RNs and it has taken us all over the country, we are based out of central Texas, but currently located in Florida, which we may be leaving in mid December, destination unknown. more then likely Missouri ish. cant wait to see you guys out on the trails.

Mine gecko is the one on the right, the other is my best friend, he is building his to overland too.
Welcome to OB, Matt! We're glad to have you here. Loving that color on your Jeep! Enjoy!

Fairdinkum

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Ipswich Queensland, Australia
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Murfet
Member #

I purchased it so my wife and I can travel Australia, firstly we will be traveling up the coast of Queensland to the tip being Cape York and then across to the west coast of Queensland and over to the Northern Territory. After exploring the NT we will go to the Kimberly and down the West coast of Australia the across the Nullarbor. Then we will catch the ferry across the Bass Strait to Tasmania where we will explore the far reaches of the wilderness of Tassie. After Tasmania we will cross back over to Victoria and explore the high country and the Snowy mountains. Once we have done that we will travel up the middle of Australia to Ularu (Ayers Rock) and visit the geographical centre of Australia. By then we will travel the Inland of Queensland and return home to Ipswich.
Sound good?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I purchased it so my wife and I can travel Australia, firstly we will be traveling up the coast of Queensland to the tip being Cape York and then across to the west coast of Queensland and over to the Northern Territory. After exploring the NT we will go to the Kimberly and down the West coast of Australia the across the Nullarbor. Then we will catch the ferry across the Bass Strait to Tasmania where we will explore the far reaches of the wilderness of Tassie. After Tasmania we will cross back over to Victoria and explore the high country and the Snowy mountains. Once we have done that we will travel up the middle of Australia to Ularu (Ayers Rock) and visit the geographical centre of Australia. By then we will travel the Inland of Queensland and return home to Ipswich.
Sound good?
Sounds awesome.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Glad to be here and looking forward to participate. Be safe!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Valjean and Shahn