Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hej y'all. I am so stoked to be a member of such a great community. My plans for the upcoming year are to meet as many overland outdoor enthusiasts here in northern Europe especially northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

I am 31 years old and a future PE high school teacher, part-time paramedic, swift water rescue technician, and rooftop rent company owner. I am currently driving a 2007 Volvo XC70 cause I think that's the perfect mix of city and adventure car.

Every hour spend in the outdoors is just like a vacation for the soul. Some friends and I are building solid connections and trying to explore the region.

Even though many of you are familiar with the legal situation in Germany. Most of the forest roads are private property with makes it pretty hard and exhausting to explore without getting into discussions. For sure, we have to respect the land of others, and sometimes people are pretty open-minded to permit legal passage.

I hope for a great sharing of gear, tips, and for new adventures to come.

Hook me up when you are around.

Stay safe and open-minded

Thore

#treatmothernaturewithrespect
Hello Thore, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
hey guys I am excited to be joining the forum to learn and share my knowledge. I am no really new to camping or off- roading but I am finally putting the 2 together. I have had 3 jeeps previously, and just bought my new 2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon eco diesel, in gecko green, and my wife has a 2019 jeep wrangler Rubicon which we will use both to over land mine is just the pack mule. As for location, my wife and I are traveling ER RNs and it has taken us all over the country, we are based out of central Texas, but currently located in Florida, which we may be leaving in mid December, destination unknown. more then likely Missouri ish. cant wait to see you guys out on the trails.

Mine gecko is the one on the right, the other is my best friend, he is building his to overland too.
Hello Matt (@JEEPNMEDIC ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you are pretty much always on the move. When you are ever back at home base, here are some meets you can check out.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

There is a San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

Houston has this new Meet Up they just started: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hej y'all. I am so stoked to be a member of such a great community. My plans for the upcoming year are to meet as many overland outdoor enthusiasts here in northern Europe especially northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

I am 31 years old and a future PE high school teacher, part-time paramedic, swift water rescue technician, and rooftop rent company owner. I am currently driving a 2007 Volvo XC70 cause I think that's the perfect mix of city and adventure car.

Every hour spend in the outdoors is just like a vacation for the soul. Some friends and I are building solid connections and trying to explore the region.

Even though many of you are familiar with the legal situation in Germany. Most of the forest roads are private property with makes it pretty hard and exhausting to explore without getting into discussions. For sure, we have to respect the land of others, and sometimes people are pretty open-minded to permit legal passage.

I hope for a great sharing of gear, tips, and for new adventures to come.

Hook me up when you are around.

Stay safe and open-minded

Thore

#treatmothernaturewithrespect
Hello Thore, welcome to the OB family.
Thank you so much

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Hi,
My name is Roger and I live in Queensland Australia, I own a Landcruiser FZJ80 1993 model of which I have been doing up for the last 18 months. I purchased it from a one owner farmer from the back of Dalby here in Queensland.
I have fitted front and rear locker's, heavy duty adjustable Panhard rods and trailing arms, heavy duty Tarrain Tamer wheel bearings, rebuilt swivel hubs, heavy duty drag links, reconditioned tail shafts and universal joints, new RDA brake rotors and pads, a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch lift King springs. I have installed a rear draw system and a 200ah Lithium ion battery with a DC/DC 50 amp charger and a 50 amp solar regulator. I have a King's rooftop tent, side awning and a shower awning.
I look forward to meeting fellow Overland adventurers and look forward to living the Overlander dream.
Welcome to Overland Bound Roger
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @bjy10
The closest Member Representative to you in Queensland is @Steve_ohhhhh
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks @Kent R. Welcome to the crew @Fairdinkum glad to have you on board mate.

Fairdinkum

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Ipswich Queensland, Australia
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Murfet
Member #

Hi,
My name is Roger and I live in Queensland Australia, I own a Landcruiser FZJ80 1993 model of which I have been doing up for the last 18 months. I purchased it from a one owner farmer from the back of Dalby here in Queensland.
I have fitted front and rear locker's, heavy duty adjustable Panhard rods and trailing arms, heavy duty Tarrain Tamer wheel bearings, rebuilt swivel hubs, heavy duty drag links, reconditioned tail shafts and universal joints, new RDA brake rotors and pads, a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch lift King springs. I have installed a rear draw system and a 200ah Lithium ion battery with a DC/DC 50 amp charger and a 50 amp solar regulator. I have a King's rooftop tent, side awning and a shower awning.
I look forward to meeting fellow Overland adventurers and look forward to living the Overlander dream.
Welcome to Overland Bound Roger
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @bjy10
The closest Member Representative to you in Queensland is @Steve_ohhhhh
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks @Kent R. Welcome to the crew @Fairdinkum glad to have you on board mate.
Thanks Steve, I look forward to meeting you one day. I have sent you a message on IG.
Roger

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey, I’m Nick! Look me up if you’re in the Bay Area! I’ll be in my white FZJ80!
Hey Nick
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has had a great 2021 so far and still more to go. You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! Hang out for 2 hours discussing overlanding, looking at rigs, and planning trips! See this month’s plan US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA View Rally Point
www.overlandbound.com

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey, new to overlanding, but not off roading.. Have had various jeeps over years, 1950 ,1972 commando, 1980CJ and now a 2002 TJ i picked up a few months ago. I went over everything electrical and mechanical to start and now my build begins!

Rig: 2002 TJ (Basically stock with a small body and suspension lift)
Why: I love going off road and instead of flying to a destination i want to drive and experience the journey.
Me: Im an electrical Engineer for a electrical equipment manufacturer for past 26 years , which absolutely helps with electrical problems that occur usually when you least expect.. I truly enjoy being off road and navigating thru what ever challenges come up, instead of having to rush home my plan is to spend time where ever i am with my overlanding Rig.
Welcome to OB, Robert! We're glad to have you here. Being an EE can definitely help you along this journey when getting into the build. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

How’s it going everybody! I’m Chris from Mississippi and I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I got a 2015 TRD Tacoma at the beginning of this year and I’m hoping to have it mostly finished by March of 22 for my Moab trip. Hope to meet some of you on journeys in the future!
Welcome to OB, Chris! We're glad to have you here. Good luck with the build and enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Name: Bubba D’Angelo
Location: Vancouver, WA for now. Changes frequently as I am a travel nurse. Based out of north Louisiana.
Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road
Overland experience: Novice
Why overlanding: My fiancé and I are big on getting outdoors. Love going deep in the woods and camping. Looking to further our knowledge and hopefully meet some people along that way to help with that.

Pic from recent trip to Mt. St. Helens
Welcome to OB, Bubba! We're glad to have you here. I hope you're getting a good chance to check out what the PNW has to offer up there, I sure miss it sometimes. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello,

My name is Jerry. From Los Angeles California. Fairly new to Overlanding. Learning new things as I go. My rig is a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport (still adding mods to it). Hope to learn more from y’all.
Welcome to OB, Jerry! We're glad to have you here. There's plenty to learn, we've got quite the wealth of information here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi there, Trickster here. My first thought was to upgrade my 1999 7.3L / ZF-6 to 2008 F550 coil suspension.

As I researched the pros and cons I realized that the 1999 F350 frame was not reinforced to accommodate new stress point that the radius arms place behind the existing rear mount of the front springs.

So I bought a 2006 F550 2wd with a bad trans to stand up to the rigors that I will be putting this rig through.

As much as I love my 1999 with the legendary 7.3, the manual trans and electrically actuated NP273 transfer case, I need a better option for the purpose that this rig will be engineered to serve.

I will post progress pics in the appropriate section of the Forum so that whomever is interested can follow my progress.

Thanks.
Welcome to OB, Kirk! We're glad to have you here. Definitely excited to see how the build comes along. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Welcome to OB, Liz. We're glad to have you here. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.
Welcome to OB, Riley! We're glad to have you here. That's a good looking rig. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.
Welcome to OB, Brandon! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Excited to be here. Had a great summer in our new to us 2019 Nissan NV3500. Been off-roading for years and camping just as many. Look forward to meet some people and explore new places. Hello from Southern Oregon -BS
Welcome to OB, Blaine! We're glad to have you here. That is a great looking setup you've got there. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone
My name is Bryan Johnson from northern VA. I currently drive a GMC Sierra but am waiting on Ford to send he build number for my new Badlands Bronco. Looking forward to meeting people in this community!
Welcome to OB, Bryan! We're glad to have you here. Be sure to share lots when you get that Bronco, we'd love to see it. Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone I am Josh and my wife is Karen. We weekend trip most every weekend to Camp and SCUBA dive in Oklahoma. this has been mostly in a car or van. Today starts a new chapter as we just purchased a new 2022 4RUNNER. we are looking forward to even more adventures.
Welcome to OB, Josh and Karen! We're glad to have you here. Can't wait to see what you do with the 4Runner. Enjoy OB!