Rank II

Contributor III

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Scheidegger
Member #

Excited to be here. Had a great summer in our new to us 2019 Nissan NV3500. Been off-roading for years and camping just as many. Look forward to meet some people and explore new places. Hello from Southern Oregon -BS

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Excited to be here. Had a great summer in our new to us 2019 Nissan NV3500. Been off-roading for years and camping just as many. Look forward to meet some people and explore new places. Hello from Southern Oregon -BS

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Big G is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Southern OR is awesome, we lived in GP for ten years and would move back in a hear beat if it wasn't for family her in CA.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830
MT and WY are awesome!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound Liz
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is an upcoming event near you.

Reactions: Shahn and Wrighno

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 212803View attachment 212804View attachment 212805

Hi there, Trickster here. My first thought was to upgrade my 1999 7.3L / ZF-6 to 2008 F550 coil suspension.

As I researched the pros and cons I realized that the 1999 F350 frame was not reinforced to accommodate new stress point that the radius arms place behind the existing rear mount of the front springs.

So I bought a 2006 F550 2wd with a bad trans to stand up to the rigors that I will be putting this rig through.

As much as I love my 1999 with the legendary 7.3, the manual trans and electrically actuated NP273 transfer case, I need a better option for the purpose that this rig will be engineered to serve.

I will post progress pics in the appropriate section of the Forum so that whomever is interested can follow my progress.

Thanks.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @freedomomelet

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

My name is Jerry. From Los Angeles California. Fairly new to Overlanding. Learning new things as I go. My rig is a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport (still adding mods to it). Hope to learn more from y’all.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jerry
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4
Welcome Will

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Hello Liz, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830
Hello Riley, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.
Hello Brandon, welcome to the OB familyand thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Blaine, welcome to the OB family.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @freedomomelet
Welcome to the Team, I have had my eyes set on a 1997 F350 with the 7.3 Regular Cab with a 8ft Bed. Up to now I haven't even considered the the frame and stress points. Now I would only build it out as a tow rig. Can't wait to see when you post the pics of the F550.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome to the Team, I have had my eyes set on a 1997 F350 with the 7.3 Regular Cab with a 8ft Bed. Up to now I haven't even considered the the frame and stress points. Now I would only build it out as a tow rig. Can't wait to see when you post the pics of the F550.
Kent Drives a Gladiator… and he’s been the Executive Director for quite some time. Lol…

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Wel
Kent Drives a Gladiator… and he’s been the Executive Director for quite some time. Lol…

I had made the attempt to reply to a post on a member with a F350 and a 2006 F550; but thank you for pointing out my error. The fact that you took the time to tell me about Kent is much appreciated, I can't imagine that someone has better things to do.