First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Name: Bubba D’Angelo
Location: Vancouver, WA for now. Changes frequently as I am a travel nurse. Based out of north Louisiana.
Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road
Overland experience: Novice
Why overlanding: My fiancé and I are big on getting outdoors. Love going deep in the woods and camping. Looking to further our knowledge and hopefully meet some people along that way to help with that.

Pic from recent trip to Mt. St. Helens
Hello Bubba, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,

My name is Jerry. From Los Angeles California. Fairly new to Overlanding. Learning new things as I go. My rig is a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport (still adding mods to it). Hope to learn more from y’all.
Hello Jerry, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
How’s it going everybody! I’m Chris from Mississippi and I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I got a 2015 TRD Tacoma at the beginning of this year and I’m hoping to have it mostly finished by March of 22 for my Moab trip. Hope to meet some of you on journeys in the future!
Hello Chris and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and TSO_NJ

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Location: Vancouver, WA for now. Changes frequently as I am a travel nurse. Based out of north Louisiana.
Why overlanding: My fiancé and I are big on getting outdoors. Love going deep in the woods and camping. Looking to further our knowledge and hopefully meet some people along that way to help with that.

Hello Bubba and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and TSO_NJ

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

My name is Jerry. From Los Angeles California. Fairly new to Overlanding. Learning new things as I go. My rig is a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport (still adding mods to it). Hope to learn more from y’all.
Hello Jerry and welcome to Overland Bound!

Trickster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

West of Omaha
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Hollen
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6KHR
1999 F350 4X4.png2008 F550 Dana Super 60 and S110 axles.png2006 F550 2X4 6.0L.png

Hi there, Trickster here. My first thought was to upgrade my 1999 7.3L / ZF-6 to 2008 F550 coil suspension.

As I researched the pros and cons I realized that the 1999 F350 frame was not reinforced to accommodate new stress point that the radius arms place behind the existing rear mount of the front springs.

So I bought a 2006 F550 2wd with a bad trans to stand up to the rigors that I will be putting this rig through.

As much as I love my 1999 with the legendary 7.3, the manual trans and electrically actuated NP273 transfer case, I need a better option for the purpose that this rig will be engineered to serve.

I will post progress pics in the appropriate section of the Forum so that whomever is interested can follow my progress.

Thanks.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 212803View attachment 212804View attachment 212805

Hi there, Trickster here. My first thought was to upgrade my 1999 7.3L / ZF-6 to 2008 F550 coil suspension.

As I researched the pros and cons I realized that the 1999 F350 frame was not reinforced to accommodate new stress point that the radius arms place behind the existing rear mount of the front springs.

So I bought a 2006 F550 2wd with a bad trans to stand up to the rigors that I will be putting this rig through.

As much as I love my 1999 with the legendary 7.3, the manual trans and electrically actuated NP273 transfer case, I need a better option for the purpose that this rig will be engineered to serve.

I will post progress pics in the appropriate section of the Forum so that whomever is interested can follow my progress.

Thanks.
Hello Trickster, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

JudgeFett426

Rank III

Contributor III

Greencastle, IN, USA
First Name
Riley
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.20210926_151257.jpg

Slappy McHappy

Rank II

Contributor III

Greenwood, Indiana, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Bewley
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Thanks.
Hello Trickster and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Hello Wrighno and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Wrighno

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830
Hello Riley and welcome to Overland Bound! Love the PW!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone,
I'm Brandon Bewley from Greenwood, Indiana, just south of Indianapolis. I just starting to get into overland, to get out of the house to see the beautiful scenery that is al around us, and meet new people. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger.
Hello Brandon and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Thanks.
Hello Kirk, welcome to Overland Bound. Looking forward to watching the build.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!
Hello Liz, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830
Hello Riley, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,
Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound