Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Lea
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R
Thanks for the info Kent, appreciate it!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone.

We are from Belgium
currently overlanding Europe in short trips in a 09 1500 Ram
planning to roam the world during one long trip when our 86 M1009 is converted into a camper.

greetings
Hello Hans, welcome to OB! We're glad to have you here! I've got a good friend with an M1009, I'm excited to see yours when the time comes!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi everyone,

Currently in the Los Angeles area, but spent most of my life in the North Bay, near San Francisco.

I have a 2004 Nissan Xterra with a manual transmission. Only upgrades are all terrains and a steel bumper from Coastal Offroad I welded together.

Grew up driving my dad’s 85 Nissan 4x4 pickup in the woods. I’m actually planning on selling the X soon and turning the old truck into a new rig. Over the last 7 years I’ve taken the X on several multi-day back country trips with friends, mainly California and Nevada deserts. Took a clinic with Badlands Offroad Adventures a few years ago too. I’m always up for learning techniques, equipment, and hearing others’ stories. Happy to be here.
Welcome to OB, Sean! We're glad to have you here. I'm excited to see what you do with the old Nissan! Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi!

I'm Hollis Cameron and I drive a 1996 Land Cruiser. It's great to finally join the community after all these years.
Welcome to OB, Hollis! We're glad to have you here! I thought I found two 80 series Land Cruisers the other day sitting in a local car lot, but the guy who owns the lot had no interest in selling them, I'm keeping my eyes peeled though! Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Greetings everyone,

I joined today, live in Petaluma, CA. and drive a 2016 Tacoma Access Cab that’s an ongoing work in progress. I’m new to overlanding but not new to taking the occasional weekend camping trip. Definitely looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out.

Cheers, Paul
Welcome to OB, Paul! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi Everyone

I'm Lance in Foley Alabama with my wife Cindy. We love watching YouTube vids of dirt roads and dispersed camping and wanted to try it. We have a 2019 Toyota 4 Runner. The first thing I did after getting it last year, was to get rid of the street tires and put on all terrain shoes. We have been rigging our ride and campaigning it in Alabama dirt ever since.
Welcome to OB, Lance and Cindy! Good looking rig! We're glad to have you here, Enjoy OB!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Been a member for a while. I have an 05 ML500 getting the offroad treatment. Its been a blast and is such an underrated chassis. I hope to find more here! I live in Bowling Green KY and go up into the Appalachians a lot.
Welcome to OB, Jimmy! I enjoy those Mercs, let me know if you get into the East TN area, I'd love to run a trail or two with you. We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Luis. I’m excited to be here.
I’m in the process of outfitting my rig.
I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Overland Experience: Novice
Welcome to OB, Luis! We're glad to have you here. That's a good looking truck! Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Everyone,

My name is Matt, from Central Ohio.
Currently driving a 2012 Ram 1500, slowly modifying to fit my needs though ram boxes are a blessing and a curse.
I'm glad to be here. Looking forward to conversation and inspiration.
Welcome to OB, Matt! We're glad to have you here. I was just in Dayton, Piqua, and Ft. Loramie this weekend visiting family. We've got a family farm in Ft. Loramie that I may have an opportunity to take over but I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave TN just yet. Enjoy OB!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello everyone!

Welcome Luis

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Thanks bro!

I was just in Boone NC for the weekend. I used to live up there and always did street builds to take on the snake and 321. fun times :p

I lived in Asheville for 11 years, spent a lot of time all around WNC. I haven't made my way to the snake yet, but I live on 321! Spent most of my time on the Parkway with the bike but have been around most of the twisties in WNC and the Dragon of course.

jvluntzel

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Luntzel
I lived in Asheville for 11 years, spent a lot of time all around WNC. I haven't made my way to the snake yet, but I live on 321! Spent most of my time on the Parkway with the bike but have been around most of the twisties in WNC and the Dragon of course.
Bro you gotta hit up shady valley. Very worth the drive. You'll see some of the best bikes/riders around too. Just be careful of the Floridians dragging pegs on thier cruisers lol

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Bro you gotta hit up shady valley. Very worth the drive. You'll see some of the best bikes/riders around too. Just be careful of the Floridians dragging pegs on thier cruisers lol

It's on the list. I had to go to Mountain City the other day, but since I was in my tractor trailer I chose Doe valley. I haven't explored as much out that way as I'd like.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone!

Hello Luis, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone,

My name is Matt, from Central Ohio.
Currently driving a 2012 Ram 1500, slowly modifying to fit my needs though ram boxes are a blessing and a curse.
I'm glad to be here. Looking forward to conversation and inspiration.
Hello Matt, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.