First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all!
Josh here. Southwest Texas area. Been camping since I was a toddler, now sharing that passion with my kids.
2014 Xterra PRO4X, Roofnest Condor XL RTT along with a 2020 Rockwood 2280 ESP off-road pop up. Love backcountry camping in Big Bend NP and all over NM, CO and UT.
Hello Josh (@OVRLNDX), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Not much out your way as far as meet ups go, but you can always start one! Closest to you in TX would probably be DFW or CTX. There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet As well as the Central Texas Meet in Round Rock: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings OB people ! Name's Brendan and I live in North Carolina. Been all over this great country, but never overlanding ... Gotta change that fast !

I'm doing some mods to my '19 4Runner Off Road and plan on hitting some trails in AZ in November.
Hello Brendan, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello my name is Adam I’m located in Greenville North Carolina I’ve been a Chrysler mechanic for years and have been heavily into rock crawling but just now getting into over landing I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler I have been outfitting for more couples over landing trips with my fiancé looking to find more people in my area who are into over landing we have been planning an trip to Utah to visit Moab for two years now finally planning to go In 2022 extremely interested in finding people who could give advise, give input or share their own experiences heck who knows possibly even join along
Hello Adam, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone.
Been looking at getting into the overland camping experience for a few years now.
Currently own a 2016 Ram Rebel.
We will see if I keep this truck. I will be living Germany for the next 4 years. And may look at getting a new truck when I return stateside. Not sure if there is a big enough overlanding crowd over there to warrant building and investing in my current rig while over there.
Joined OLB to meet people that share the same interests and have experience and perspectives to share.
Hello Matthew, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all. My name is Michael. I bought a 2017 Subaru Outback last year and have been watching a lot of overlanding YouTube videos as I have never done any off-roading. For now my car is stock but will be making mods next summer if all goes well. Already have my parts list made. Looking forward to heading out into nature for some fun.
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB family.

OVRLNDX

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Del Rio, TX, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Overfelt
Member #

Hello Josh (@OVRLNDX), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Not much out your way as far as meet ups go, but you can always start one! Closest to you in TX would probably be DFW or CTX. There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet As well as the Central Texas Meet in Round Rock: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

Cool. I appreciate the info. Just got back from Dallas today actually.

Crusader

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Wilcox
Service Branch
USAF
First post here. I plan to order a new Gladiator as soon as the divorce is final. (Don't ask unless you want to hear the tawdry details.) I'll be a few months building it to anything overlanding worthy, as I am also looking to buy land and build a barndominium East of DFW. I drive a company vehicle as my DD, so my Gladiator will be lightly used and I can not worry about being DD practical. I used to have a Jeep and miss it. I don't have the desire to get into rock crawling for crawling's sake. I like camping so I'm hoping this will be a good fit.

Hope to meet some of you soon,

Donald

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello all. My name is Michael. I bought a 2017 Subaru Outback last year and have been watching a lot of overlanding YouTube videos as I have never done any off-roading. For now my car is stock but will be making mods next summer if all goes well. Already have my parts list made. Looking forward to heading out into nature for some fun.
Welcome see you out on the trails

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
First post here. I plan to order a new Gladiator as soon as the divorce is final. (Don't ask unless you want to hear the tawdry details.) I'll be a few months building it to anything overlanding worthy, as I am also looking to buy land and build a barndominium East of DFW. I drive a company vehicle as my DD, so my Gladiator will be lightly used and I can not worry about being DD practical. I used to have a Jeep and miss it. I don't have the desire to get into rock crawling for crawling's sake. I like camping so I'm hoping this will be a good fit.

Donald
Hello Donald, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Welcome, see you out on the trails

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Donald
Hello Donald (@The Crusader), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. There's some good places to go camping out your way.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy! New to Overland Bound, member #29528!

I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and a Patriot Campers X2. I’m an intermediate level overlander, lots of camping and backpacking experience. I’m in the San Antonio, Texas area.
Hello Scott and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Heya,

Recent subscriber to Overland Bound, OB#29081. I'm based out of North Decatur, Georgia. I've started building out a new to me 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. All that's been added at the moment are some new Falken Wildpeak rubber, hitch mount Body Armor skid plate/recovery point, a pair of 3 color led low beam bulbs, and a handheld HAM/CB radio system. Planning on building a unistrut safari rack for it, trimming the bumper, installing a set of Dobinsons Lift Springs for a little more ground clearance, and fabricating anything else I'd need such as underbody protection, full size spare carrier, etc. Newer to overlanding but have done a good amount of camping, backpacking, and cross-country driving. Looking forward to learning from the rest of the members!
Hello Daniel and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all!
Josh here. Southwest Texas area. Been camping since I was a toddler, now sharing that passion with my kids.
2014 Xterra PRO4X, Roofnest Condor XL RTT along with a 2020 Rockwood 2280 ESP off-road pop up. Love backcountry camping in Big Bend NP and all over NM, CO and UT.
Hello Josh and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings OB people ! Name's Brendan and I live in North Carolina. Been all over this great country, but never overlanding ... Gotta change that fast !

I'm doing some mods to my '19 4Runner Off Road and plan on hitting some trails in AZ in November.
Hello Brendan and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello my name is Adam I’m located in Greenville North Carolina I’ve been a Chrysler mechanic for years and have been heavily into rock crawling but just now getting into over landing I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler I have been outfitting for more couples over landing trips with my fiancé looking to find more people in my area who are into over landing we have been planning an trip to Utah to visit Moab for two years now finally planning to go In 2022 extremely interested in finding people who could give advise, give input or share their own experiences heck who knows possibly even join along
Hello Adam and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone.
Been looking at getting into the overland camping experience for a few years now.
Currently own a 2016 Ram Rebel.
We will see if I keep this truck. I will be living Germany for the next 4 years. And may look at getting a new truck when I return stateside. Not sure if there is a big enough overlanding crowd over there to warrant building and investing in my current rig while over there.
Joined OLB to meet people that share the same interests and have experience and perspectives to share.
Hello Matthew and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!