Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Heya,

Recent subscriber to Overland Bound, OB#29081. I'm based out of North Decatur, Georgia. I've started building out a new to me 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. All that's been added at the moment are some new Falken Wildpeak rubber, hitch mount Body Armor skid plate/recovery point, a pair of 3 color led low beam bulbs, and a handheld HAM/CB radio system. Planning on building a unistrut safari rack for it, trimming the bumper, installing a set of Dobinsons Lift Springs for a little more ground clearance, and fabricating anything else I'd need such as underbody protection, full size spare carrier, etc. Newer to overlanding but have done a good amount of camping, backpacking, and cross-country driving. Looking forward to learning from the rest of the members!
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!
Josh here. Southwest Texas area. Been camping since I was a toddler, now sharing that passion with my kids.
2014 Xterra PRO4X, Roofnest Condor XL RTT along with a 2020 Rockwood 2280 ESP off-road pop up. Love backcountry camping in Big Bend NP and all over NM, CO and UT.
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound.

94bedford

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Greenville, Pitt County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Moreau
Member #

Hello my name is Adam I’m located in Greenville North Carolina I’ve been a Chrysler mechanic for years and have been heavily into rock crawling but just now getting into over landing I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler I have been outfitting for more couples over landing trips with my fiancé looking to find more people in my area who are into over landing we have been planning an trip to Utah to visit Moab for two years now finally planning to go In 2022 extremely interested in finding people who could give advise, give input or share their own experiences heck who knows possibly even join along

Attachments

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hello my name is Adam I’m located in Greenville North Carolina I’ve been a Chrysler mechanic for years and have been heavily into rock crawling but just now getting into over landing I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler I have been outfitting for more couples over landing trips with my fiancé looking to find more people in my area who are into over landing we have been planning an trip to Utah to visit Moab for two years now finally planning to go In 2022 extremely interested in finding people who could give advise, give input or share their own experiences heck who knows possibly even join along
Holler when you are getting closer to coming out West, I live 2 hours from Moab and am always happy to go!

Welcome to OB, it's a good group!

Tigers4121

Rank 0

Contributor I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Heide
Service Branch
Air Force
Hello everyone.
Been looking at getting into the overland camping experience for a few years now.
Currently own a 2016 Ram Rebel.
We will see if I keep this truck. I will be living Germany for the next 4 years. And may look at getting a new truck when I return stateside. Not sure if there is a big enough overlanding crowd over there to warrant building and investing in my current rig while over there.
Joined OLB to meet people that share the same interests and have experience and perspectives to share.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound.

scotticus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks Ranch, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Simpson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5EO
Hello Scott (@scotticus ) welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. Check out the Communication section and feel free to join in on the weekly Friday evening Echolink net.
When: 17:30 PST, 20:30 EST, 00:30 UTC

Where: Our net is graciously hosted by the Starlink White Mountain Repeater System group. Below is the current list of of nodes, hubs, repeaters, and links which get us on the air each Friday. For more information please visit their website at White Mountain Repeater Association .

Echolink
Conference Node 357087 (Starlink)

Check the WMRA web page for linked repeaters, talk groups, etc.

I am none of the SW Region Member Reps however @Roots66 is your closest rep and will be around shortly I am sure with some new member information/links and local meet up info.
Thanks for the net recommendation! I may have to try out echo link on my phone or something, I don’t think we have any nodes around here. Our club has a lot of YSF nodes.

Odinobasi

Rank II

Contributor III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hello all. My name is Michael. I bought a 2017 Subaru Outback last year and have been watching a lot of overlanding YouTube videos as I have never done any off-roading. For now my car is stock but will be making mods next summer if all goes well. Already have my parts list made. Looking forward to heading out into nature for some fun.

Escape_The_Insanity

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Hello all. My name is Michael. I bought a 2017 Subaru Outback last year and have been watching a lot of overlanding YouTube videos as I have never done any off-roading. For now my car is stock but will be making mods next summer if all goes well. Already have my parts list made. Looking forward to heading out into nature for some fun.
Welcome to the group. Happy adventures.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone.
Been looking at getting into the overland camping experience for a few years now.
Currently own a 2016 Ram Rebel.
We will see if I keep this truck. I will be living Germany for the next 4 years. And may look at getting a new truck when I return stateside. Not sure if there is a big enough overlanding crowd over there to warrant building and investing in my current rig while over there.
Joined OLB to meet people that share the same interests and have experience and perspectives to share.
Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Michael, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Everyone!

New to the overland game. Ever since childhood, I've always been more/less and outdoorsy person. College, I got my first mountain bike and hit up the local trails, and ever since then I've been hooked to the dirt in one form or another.

Currently have a 2003 Nissan Frontier, and all the years it's been kind to me, and now my wife and 2 kids. Pandemic got us to truly appreciate the outdoors (I'm sure we're not the only ones!), but alas, the miles have taken its toll on the engine, so we had to replace it with a 2015 Tacoma. Our last days with the Nissan are numbered; we'll officially say our goodbyes on Sunday at the local CarMax.

So - that said - the Taco is currently all-stock. No need to post pictures of it when you can just google "2015 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Sport". Looking forward to hearing/learning about overlanding life, and what we can do to our new family rig to extend our camping trips to last more than a few days!
Hello Rommel, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,

My name is Chris Harrell and I’m currently a resident of Midland, Texas. I’ve been stalking the forum for a while now but never got around to doing the whole introduction thing so here it goes. I am new to overlanding but not to wheeling. I used to be into the slow crawling Jeeps (LS powered YJ on tons) but a wife and 2 kids later, I decided that I’d like to do something a little more inclusive of the family. That brings me to where I’m at now.

I thought about equipping my wife’s 2017 Sequoia but I wanted to keep size and maneuverability in mind so I searched and found a really clean 2007 1st gen Sequoia limited in Augusta GA so I snagged it. It’s a smooth reliable rig so far and is bone stock.

I have already purchased a lift, lockers, BFF rear bumper and sliders but I already have another project truck taking up the bay in my shop so installing those goodies may have to wait a bit. I’ll throw up a build thread when I do though.

I look forward to exploring neighboring New Mexico and meeting like minded folks and families within the overlanding community.
Hello Chris (@TexasLandman), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Not much out your way as far as meet ups go, but you can always start one! Closest to you would probably be DFW or CTX.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

As well as the Central Texas Meet in Round Rock: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Heya,

Recent subscriber to Overland Bound, OB#29081. I'm based out of North Decatur, Georgia. I've started building out a new to me 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. All that's been added at the moment are some new Falken Wildpeak rubber, hitch mount Body Armor skid plate/recovery point, a pair of 3 color led low beam bulbs, and a handheld HAM/CB radio system. Planning on building a unistrut safari rack for it, trimming the bumper, installing a set of Dobinsons Lift Springs for a little more ground clearance, and fabricating anything else I'd need such as underbody protection, full size spare carrier, etc. Newer to overlanding but have done a good amount of camping, backpacking, and cross-country driving. Looking forward to learning from the rest of the members!
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy! New to Overland Bound, member #29528!

I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and a Patriot Campers X2. I’m an intermediate level overlander, lots of camping and backpacking experience. I’m in the San Antonio, Texas area.
Hello Scott (@scotticus), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You're in a great place between San Antonio and Austin.

There is A San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

and our Central Texas Met Up here: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Houston also has this new meetup if you are ever out that way: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.