Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, I'm Jacob I've been a member since 2019 and just got this app again and I still am somewhat new to off-roading and Overlanding. I've attended Expo West in 2019 and I'm going to Expo West 2021! I have off-roded in Moab and mostly in Arizona. I'm always looking for more people to go camping or off-roading with!
Hello Jacob, welcome back to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relatively new to overlanding. I started building my rig—the CranBeast, a 2010 GX 460—in October of last year and we just returned from our first big trip to Colorado. We learned a ton and one of our favorite aspects of the trip was all the great people we met in the hobby from all over the place.

I’m also new to ham radio and my call is k5sbc.

We’re based in St. Louis, MO.

Sam

View attachment 209922
Hello Sam and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
View attachment 209923
Hello Cameron and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Just getting into the Overlanding world excited to get out there more! I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma that I'm slowly working on gearing out as I gain experience.

I'm in the Seattle area for now, would love any and all connections/suggestions for awesome beginner places to go explore! I'm also huge on Mt. Biking, so combining the two is the ultimate goal.

Happy to be here!
Hello Brent and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi guys. Excited to join. My name is Dan. I’m in New England. Building up a gx460. It’s currently on 2 inch dobinsons, Prinsu rack, trd pro wheels, bfg KO2s. Next is sliders, then prob drawers. Looking forward to learning from the group
Hello Dan and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Hello Levi and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Looks like this place is growing more every day! Hi, I'm Kent. I am from one of the greatest states in the US when it comes to overlanding - so much of this place is rife with 4x4 trails and places to just get out at!

1) (This spot reserved for uploading a picture when I put some on my PC)
2) Utah/Wasatch Front
3) 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LT2
4) Absolute novice - I've been camping all my life (BSA represent - where my fellow Eagles at?), but never was able to do much with the exploring/adventure aspect of it, aside from doing some backpacking 100 lbs. ago, haha. But with age, injury, and weight (and desk jobs), it's not as easy to do that as it once was. There's only so much gear for family camping that fits into a Forester (or any other Subaru for that matter), and sometimes you need a truck for truck stuff, so the Avalanche that I bought from a buddy is kind of the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, the Av didn't quite get the support that other vehicles got, but I am looking to make it work out anyway.
Hello Kent and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone,

Sadly I don’t have a rig to speak of yet. Over the last 18 months I came across overlanding and i admit it’s something that really captured my interests. Living in the Los Angeles area, I feel like I don’t get away enough to relax and enjoy life. Overlanding seems to be a good way to address that and go exploring. So for right now, I’m mainly in the exploration and research stages of what I want to do, the rig I want to setup, gear I’ll need, etc. Until then, I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

-Forrest
Hello Forrest and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everybody!

Great community. My name is Stefano Rota, from Quito, Ecuador. I've been overlanding in improper cars for my country, so now Im purchasing a proper car.

So, again, Quito, Ecuador, I recommend my country for Overlanding if any of you have the chance!

The car is a 1993 FJ80 Japaneese Version, Carburator, Double Tank, Stick shift, 350,000KM, and 2,000KM since engine was repared.

My experience, well, I've always been a "car camper/ Overlander" hearted person, but now a days Im starting to do it more and decided to go serious on it! Not the most experienced but I try my best.

Hope we can have some fun in this forum!

Stefano Rota
Hello Stefano and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good morning all,

Thanks for letting me be apart of your Community. My name is Brian, I’m located on Bainbridge Island, WA and I drive a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and have very little overland experience but I am looking forward to learning! Currently I just started planning/building upgrades. I just finished a DIY drawer system that I’ll share soon. View attachment 210025
Hello Brian and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good morning everyone,
We just moved down to Florida from Washington and already missing the mountains. We have a 2019 Sprinter 170 4x4.
As far as overlanding experience, I'd say I'm a beginner. We have done small trail runs, lasting a couple days, but nothing crazy.
With that said, we have done loads of road traveling, getting into national forests to camp, hike and explore.
Looking forward to learning more about overlanding on here!View attachment 210027
Hello Mike and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 XLT
Experience: NONE

I love the outdoors and grew up on the beach. We’ll, now I’m landlocked and am looking for something to scratch that itch. I can’t wait to learn something every day and have some good experiences along the way.
Hello Devin and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good morning. After months of research decided to come aboard here. Previously with Tacoma World. Sold the Taco and upgraded to a heaver truck. Have been camping, hiking, climbing and general outdoors things all my life. I'm glad to be here.
Hello Dave and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi there.
So, my name is ofer, 55 years old. Professional farrier by trade. Living in israel and try to be out in nature as much as i can. Driving a nissan patrol as a work and trail vehicle for every day use.
Trying to make a dream come true and drive the pan American next year.
Hello Ofer and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All! Thanks for having me. Been browsing the last few days, after finding this site from a youtube link, and WOW, there is a plethora of amazing stuff here. I love seeing all the rigs and adventures.

My name is Noah and I live in Gorham Maine (just outside of Portland). New to Overlanding but not new to travel or outdoor activities.

I have a 2015 Nissan Frontier. Nothing much done yet. 2.5" RC lift on 285s.

Anyway thanks again for creating this space. I'm happy to be here!
Hello Noah and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: nokeone and Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Just signed up have been looking at some of the post lots to learn.. to introduce myself names manny from Southern California la area.. I have a 2020 Ford raptor very new to overlanding have taken a few trips locally with my 5 year old son.. just remember camping with my dad in a 72 250 camper special with a lance camper loved it and want to share that with my boyView attachment 210127
Hello Manny and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone, I'm Jacob I've been a member since 2019 and just got this app again and I still am somewhat new to off-roading and Overlanding. I've attended Expo West in 2019 and I'm going to Expo West 2021! I have off-roded in Moab and mostly in Arizona. I'm always looking for more people to go camping or off-roading with!
Hello Jacob and welcome back to Overland Bound!

MyGPKL21

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Meador
Hello all!

Brand new to overlanding, but looking forward to new adventures.

-Located in Virginia Beach, VA
-Rig is a Bone Stock 2021 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Latitude Lux 4x4 (Tow Package = 1" lift)
-As stated above, novice at this overland journey.

Generally looking for an outlet to help with finding off road parts for a Non-Trailhawk Cherokee KL and trails here on the East Coast. Again, looking forward that first overland trip, thanks!

-Jesse

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all!

Brand new to overlanding, but looking forward to new adventures.

-Located in Virginia Beach, VA
-Rig is a Bone Stock 2021 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Latitude Lux 4x4 (Tow Package = 1" lift)
-As stated above, novice at this overland journey.

Generally looking for an outlet to help with finding off road parts for a Non-Trailhawk Cherokee KL and trails here on the East Coast. Again, looking forward that first overland trip, thanks!

-Jesse
Hello Jesse and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and MyGPKL21