Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TRD Burglar

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself:

I live just north of Dallas, TX. I drive a 2011 200 Series Land Cruiser with a few mods to make Overlanding a little more enjoyable.
I've been offroading for 5 years with frequent trips to Colorado and Utah. I'm looking to get a little deeper into Overlanding. I've done mostly trail runs, but I have been a few multi-day overlanding trips on the Kokopelli and White Rim Trails in Utah. I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi all, my wife and I are new to overlanding and just started to migrate from "campers" to "overlanders"!

1) Here's an album of our overlanding adventures so far
2) Bay Area, CA
3) '17 Subaru Forester XT
4) I'm somewhere between novice and experienced... I grew up off road, but on quads and buggies, then later UTVs, but never trucks. Lots of vehicle specific stuff I'm very much still learning and taking my time doing so!

So far, we've gone on two trips I'd count as overlanding. First was Crater Lake, second we hit up Sandbar Flats campground in Stanislaus National Forest. It ended up being about 45 minutes one way on a forest service road that ends in this tiny dispersed campsite that was just fantastic. We have a big trip planned for May that includes Yosemite (not valley), the north rim and Sedona (which, if timing works out, will put us there the same time the overland expo!)

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi. I'm Richard. And I'm a mini overlander. Or so I just realized when I learned about this community. See, I have a Honda Side by side and our tactics are not that far apart. Preping our machines for days and sometimes weeks upon end just to hit the trail for a long weekend or our days off work. Getting outdoors is a blast no matter what you drive. Get out, have fun, that's what it's about!

Here is my ride.

And here is a pic from our last andevture. @ RoyalBlue TN - Eternal flame!

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app
Welcome to the group Richard,

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Member #

View attachment 5992 View attachment 6004

Hey Everyone -

My name is Joe Toup. I'm a very close friend of one of your members, Mason North @mmnorthdirections . I used to live in California many years ago. Had a Jeep when I was there and did some four wheeling in a 4x4 club. Moved to Alaska and lost interest in 4x4'ing...if you can imagine that. I've long since sold the Jeep. Now I live in Georgia. I recently got re-interested in 4x4'ing and found myself a little 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai. Been working on it since the day I got it to make it trail capable. Still building it up. Also not sure if it's Overlandbound worthy, but Mason got my curiosity perked when i was out in California last week visiting. So here I am.

I go by Jingusflob, JT, Jubee, Joe, or just about anything. Just don't call me a Yankee.

I'm curious, am I the only person in the South? Seems like most folks in this group are out West. Not sure how much Overlanding happens down in Georgia. I may have to commute...
Nice Sami! We love ours and wheel the hell out of the little beast... our Sami stays in Florida and we are headed further south with our 4runner... Puerto Rico !

Reactions: B Wild

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hi Overland Bound!

My name is Jimil Borillo and I'm based in the SF Bay Area. I found out about this group from a meet last Dec. 4th at the Black Diamond Cafe in Emeryville, CA. I met a few members that referred me to OB and decided to register on the forums.

My current rig is a 2003 Chevy Suburban Z71. Been outdoors and camping all my life but never on excursions lasting more than a week. Looking forward to gaining more info and experience as well as give back to the community if I can.

Here is a pic from my latest outing through Tumey Hills, BLM land in central CA. You can't tell from the angle but the washout directly in front was about 4'-6' wide and 4' deep.

DSC01803.JPG

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hey everyone!,

I'm Kevin (Kev),
I'm located in North Norfolk, UK
Current Vehicle is Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi Aviemore edition

12362897_10153767043054725_7625255903482497544_o.jpg 11220073_10153287865944725_7890966757074095392_n.jpg

By day I'm a Wireless & Network Consultant for a Distribution company - I work from home 90% of the time but do venture out to the big wide world when needed ;)

By night I'm a volunteer for various Emergency organisations - I'm a First Responder for Ambulance Service, I'm a 4x4 Response Responder/Driver and I'm also a Search and Rescue Technician for Lowland Rescue (Also a Flood First Responder for 4x4 Response / Lowland Rescue)

I'm originally from the Outer Hebrides (Western Isles of Scotland) so Overland and Adventure is pretty much in my blood! (Being a "remote" island)

I'm a Committee Admin for an Overland Group which myself and some friends started and is thriving - Norfolk Overland Explorers,

I'd say my "Overland" experience is defined as low as I've not travelled very far however my life skills to cope is very high with other things I do,
There is an ultimate plan to be travelling where possible - certain things need to be sorted before I can achieve this - Watch this Space!

I guess thats all for now ;)

See you out there!!
Kev

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Hello all, I'm new here as well. My name is Doran, and I'm in Des Moines, IA.

I stumbled across Overland Bound after looking at Commander videos on Youtube. Found a members ride and then that brought me here! Just got my member number, #2879, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the group. I have a 2008 Jeep Commander, 4.7L V8, Quadra Trac II, so not a full locker set up like the Jeep Quadra Drive II. Its a great all around vehicle for us.

I'm looking to start doing a few mods, but as Jeep folks know, the Commander doesn't have a ton of aftermarket parts for it. Honestly, I love the looks of the 'square' Liberty's & Commanders.

Anyway, glad to be here!

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Hello, my name is Fred from Kirkland WA, and I'm a camping and vehicle equipmentaholic. I am new member #2840.

I've been off-roading, in various versions for over 30 years. Most recently sold a JKU that I heavily built for 8 years. Interest turned to overlanding, after a trip to the Rubicon Trail in 2010. I loved the exploration and primitive camping elements of the trial much more than the battles with the boulders. I was hooked on preparation, being self-sustained, and exploring areas without seeing the same spot/trail twice.

This is my newest obsession - 2005 F450 service body (only 40K miles) with Starcraft pop-top camper. It is fully equipped to remote camp for weeks. I also flat-tow a 2010 Jeep GC Limited that is being moderately built for tighter trail exploring and destination local wandering (Yellowstone and such).

Thanks!! Very happy to be here.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Hello everyone. Just moved to Cincinnati Ohio and am also new to the Overland scene. I picked up a xk and can't wait to get exploring and add to my rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app

Hey! Welcome.. I am from central Indiana, so not far away.. Hop on Facebook and join the group @MidwestOverlanders Cody Ash started the group, great group of people and always trips in the making. We have a Winter Camp coming up in Michigan the 2nd week of January, gonna be cold but fun!

Buggernaut

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone! My name is Joshua. I am from the Charlotte area of North Carolina. I currently have two projects going on. I have my '03 F150 FX4 Lariat extended cab that is my everyday driver and primary adventure truck and I have a '96 Land Rover Discovery 1 I picked up about a year ago pretty cheap that I plan on turning into an overland rig. I am looking forward to corresponding with all of you and getting out to explore.

IMG_2475.JPG IMG_3189.jpg IMG_2901.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: