Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Bennett’s

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kenosha Wi
Member #

Hi all I would like to introduce myself and family.

My name is Ryan, wife Erika and 4 boys Tyler, Noah, Toby, Elliot. We have been dabbling with Overlanding for about a year as a family. Last April we purchased a 2003 Astro Awd and did some traveling over the summer getting used to it and really getting used to being outdoors again. We are still really new to this and any tips would be helpful. I have included a prelfit pic which was the inspiration for the lift. Prelift Ocala National Forrest.jpg Lifted Astro Day 1.jpg

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

New to the forums, posting wise, but I've been lurking and reading for around a month now.

I'm down in Huntsville, AL and run the following:
2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubi
Morris Mule Trailer
Ruff Stuff RTT

Moderate experience on the trails, but I'd never call myself an "expert". Also, Go ARMY, beat Navy!!

(Also... wouldn't let me upload a picture?)

Quattro

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle. I'm located in the North Carolina mountains. First of all, I stumbled across overlanding a month or so ago. Where was all this 10 years ago? Or is this a newer thing to catch on in popularity? Either way it's great that it's an official hobby now!

I built my 1999 Tacoma 6 years ago. I've owned it for 13 years. The front bumper is custom. I've got Icon Vehicle Dynamic coilovers on the front and Alcan Rear leafs with Bilstein 5100 shocks in the rear. I've got a leer shell with a Thule rack on top as well. Oh, I've also fitted Tundra Brakes with stainless steel brake lines, higher diff breathers, and deckplate modded the air box. I'm currently running 265/75 R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires .

I usually hit the woods in search of a new spot to fly fish. My family always comes along as well.

I've also got a 2006 Toyota Tundra Doublecab that is stock except for a Leer shell. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to rig it out as well.

Anyhow, thanks for having me and I'm super stoked about getting more knowledgeable about overlanding!

Attachments

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Hi to everyone, I have been around the off road world a long time. Even with my work, I was with SCE for 35 years, as a District Mechanic. So I worked in the field all over Southern California... I did a lot of repairs in the field in all kinds of weather ...I even serviced vehicles over on Catalina Island..
Right now I have a 2015 Jeep wrangler, that I am setting up for Overlanding, With a OME 2+ Heavy Lift, AEV Pintlers , Qtec 11500 winch,Ko2's, I have more but will list on me profile

20161008_090954.jpg

dcx13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Horndasch
Member #

I'm Dan, in San Francisco. A good friend and OB forum member, Gino, mentioned the OB PTSD article* at dinner one night. I checked it out, did a little snooping around the forums, and well, here I am.

Meat n taters info:
Rig: 1994 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser.
Experience: Moderate experience, ranging from my early 20's in a CJ7, to roaming the expanses of Afghanistan in an up-armored Humvee. And plenty of years backcountry exploring by mountain bike.

*PTSD article here: https://www.overlandbound.com/ptsd-overlanding-journey/

Attachments

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello everyone! My name is Kyle. I'm located in the North Carolina mountains. First of all, I stumbled across overlanding a month or so ago. Where was all this 10 years ago? Or is this a newer thing to catch on in popularity? Either way it's great that it's an official hobby now!

I built my 1999 Tacoma 6 years ago. I've owned it for 13 years. The front bumper is custom. I've got Icon Vehicle Dynamic coilovers on the front and Alcan Rear leafs with Bilstein 5100 shocks in the rear. I've got a leer shell with a Thule rack on top as well. Oh, I've also fitted Tundra Brakes with stainless steel brake lines, higher diff breathers, and deckplate modded the air box. I'm currently running 265/75 R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires .

I usually hit the woods in search of a new spot to fly fish. My family always comes along as well.

I've also got a 2006 Toyota Tundra Doublecab that is stock except for a Leer shell. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to rig it out as well.

Anyhow, thanks for having me and I'm super stoked about getting more knowledgeable about overlanding!
Welcome to the group Kyle,

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi to everyone, I have been around the off road world a long time. Even with my work, I was with SCE for 35 years, as a District Mechanic. So I worked in the field all over Southern California... I did a lot of repairs in the field in all kinds of weather ...I even serviced vehicles over on Catalina Island..
Right now I have a 2015 Jeep wrangler, that I am setting up for Overlanding, With a OME 2+ Heavy Lift, AEV Pintlers , Qtec 11500 winch,Ko2's, I have more but will list on me profile

View attachment 11531
Welcome to the group Mike, Cool looking Wrangler.

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 9Mike2

FlyJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills, CA
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Scott Vaughn and I am member #2646 from El Dorado Hills,Ca. I finally got my first Jeep, I got a 2017 sport unlimited and couldn't be happier.

My name flyjeep is because I am an avid fly fisherman. Totally addicted to fly fishing, so I got the Jeep so I could do more back country. I can now drive in and not have to hike in all the way. I'll be able to go deeper and further into the backwoods. I love hiking back country and this Jeep will help me not have to start so far out.

My plans are a Gobi rack, some rock slider rails, eventually a 2-1/2" lift and a spare set of 33" wheels. My Jeep is my daily driver so I don't want to run on 33's all the time. Also gonna add a tow bar so I can bring it when I take my RV.

I've been around off road and sand all my life. I learned how to drive in Glamis in my brothers sandrail he built. Now we spend all our camping time either at a lake or on the river.

I look forward to meeting other off roaders. I hope to hit the Rubicon some day since it is about 40 minutes from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve G

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Richmond, VA
Member #

Hi All,

I'm from the Richmond, VA area. I just joined the OB community, looking forward to looking around and meeting some new folks. I've been hiking and backcountry camping since... well forever. Once I got married and had kids, that turned more into "car camping" at various state parks on the east coast. Our family has had so much fun finding new places to explore on the weekends, but then something happened that blew my mind.

A couple years back, I saw a youtube clip that changed my view of "car camping" forever... it was Clay Croft and the Expedition Overland team who had just released their Alaska series. I watched every episode in a single sitting and craved more. Those were my type of people doing things and going places that I've had on my "list" forever. They "got it", and now so did I. It was time to take "car camping" to the next level. I really enjoyed the aspects of planning a trip that included more than ensuring the gas tank was full and we remembered the marshmallows and bug spray.

I already had a stock 2010 Toyota Tundra. It's paid for, so that was going to be my rig, and I've been busy giving it some upgrades to enhance it's capability and provide comfortable camping for the family.

expoeast.JPG
tundra.JPG

Last edited:

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Hi All,

I'm from the Richmond, VA area. I just joined the OB community, looking forward to looking around and meeting some new folks. I've been hiking and backcountry camping since... well forever. Once I got married and had kids, that turned more into "car camping" at various state parks on the east coast. Our family has had so much fun finding new places to explore on the weekends, but then something happened that blew my mind.

A couple years back, I saw a youtube clip that changed my view of "car camping" forever... it was Clay Croft and the Expedition Overland team who had just released their Alaska series. I watched every episode in a single sitting and craved more. Those were my type of people doing things and going places that I've had on my "list" forever. They "got it", and now so did I. It was time to take "car camping" to the next level. I really enjoyed the aspects of planning a trip that included more than ensuring the gas tank was full and we remembered the marshmallows and bug spray.

I already had a stock 2010 Toyota Tundra. It's paid for, so that was going to be my rig, and I've been busy giving it some upgrades to enhance it's capability and provide comfortable camping for the family.

View attachment 11536
View attachment 11537
Rig looks great.

Reactions: Steve G

kcsaysngo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA
Member #

Howdy Y'all!

New member here; but have been on the T4R forums for a bit. I am stoked to be apart of the OB community and learn from all the experienced members here! I've owned a 3rd gen 4runner my 4 years in highschool and I've been hooked ever since.. 28 now.. I just purchased my new 4runner a month & a half ago and there are so many mods i want to do!

Within this last month I've hit Cleghorn, Holy Jim, and Anza multiple times. Still have a lot to learn and hoping i can pick up a thing or two from all the great people here!

Orange County, California.
16' Toyota 4runner SR5 Premium

4RUNNER FOX.jpg
LED BAR.jpg

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

I am Shaun and live in Vancouver Wa. I am very excited to be apart of this community. I have spent most of my life camping down in southern california and in the past 2 years up here in washington. I look forward to exploring more this next year!

Meet Sally ,

She's a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder. All stock :( She will mildly be upgraded. She is my daily driver.

Future Mods:
1.75 old man emu hd suspension
air shocks for the rear
custom roof rack
245 70 r17 Bfgoodrich all terrain ta ko2'sIMG_1607.JPG

Attachments

Radmachine

Rank II

Advocate II

Hello, all, my name is Andrew and I'll be honest I'm about as green to this as it gets. I've kinda been in to the opposite of this for some time. On road club race cars. Have lurked around the interwebs for some time and toyed with the idea of getting myself out and actually doing it. I was selling my track car and was offered a partial trade deal that included a 2 door Tahoe. Probably not the best thing in the world for overlanding but as of now it'll do and parts are everywhere so that's a plus. Anywho I'm excited to learn about all this and mostly excited to just get out and go.
Haven't touched it since I got it. Needs new tires and a few odds and ends to be ready for a trip.

HondaSxS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte NC
Member #

Hi. I'm Richard. And I'm a mini overlander. Or so I just realized when I learned about this community. See, I have a Honda Side by side and our tactics are not that far apart. Preping our machines for days and sometimes weeks upon end just to hit the trail for a long weekend or our days off work. Getting outdoors is a blast no matter what you drive. Get out, have fun, that's what it's about!

Here is my ride.

And here is a pic from our last andevture. @ RoyalBlue TN - Eternal flame!

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Wow, sounds like exotic travel destinations. I'll keep my ear to the ground on your adventures.
Thanks,
Jim
Thanks Jim. We are setting up a website www.polaris-overland.com and a Facebook page to record our progress for friends and family and anyone else that is interested.

Reactions: Jim Newell

Tintin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cheyenne, wy
Member #

Hi Everyone,

I am Tanveer from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Living in this part of the country fulfills my dream to explore and see places that I only dreamed to visit few years ago. It's kind of freedom that cannot be explained only to be experienced. As soon as we moved to Cheyenne, we got our 2015 Subaru Outback (technically this my wife's and I have old honda ). So whenever we are going for a long trip or just some off-roading in the Medicine Bow National forest (just 25 mins from where we live....:D), we take the Subaru and it made us go places that we never went before. From the Arches to the Mount Rushmore, the Roosevelt Arch of Yellowstone to Albuquerque, it has been a trusted friend and ride that you can rely on.
I am excited to be a part of the Overland Bound family, hope to learn a lot from this community!

Nathaniel Elliott

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Bowie, MD
Member #

I am just getting into this and have found it is the mix of adventure that I love and the comforts my wife wants when traveling with our family. That being said, I am starting and learning!
1) Picture in Profile (not many modifications yet, just: lifted, headache bar, soft top, CB)
2) Bowie, MD
3) 2010 F150 XLT
4) Novice, learning, learning, and learning more!

Are there folks in the area? Looking to learn and go out with some folks that are experienced.

Urban gorilla

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Pennsauken nj
Member #

I am just getting into this and have found it is the mix of adventure that I love and the comforts my wife wants when traveling with our family. That being said, I am starting and learning!
1) Picture in Profile (not many modifications yet, just: lifted, headache bar, soft top, CB)
2) Bowie, MD
3) 2010 F150 XLT
4) Novice, learning, learning, and learning more!

Are there folks in the area? Looking to learn and go out with some folks that are experienced.
Hey man, my wife and I just got into overlanding too. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Nathaniel Elliott