Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thank you so much for the great info Mike, much appreciated!!! Looking fwd to getting out and seeing you sooner than later! Thanks again!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you so much for the great info Mike, much appreciated!!! Looking fwd to getting out and seeing you sooner than later! Thanks again!
I haven’t been out as much this year as in years past, but next year (or early this fall) I plan on making several trips to the west side to visit you all.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! New Overlander, getting the Wife interested in the outdoors, and tents aren’t a great option. She’s excited about being able to camp without them.
Located in North Texas.
Currently in a stock 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk, planning on some minor upgrades over time. Starting off easy while we work the bugs out of our pack list.
Glad to be here!
Hello Miles, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I’m Larry and new to the group. I recently purchased a 2018 4Runner that has some significant modifications but plenty left for me to dive into and learn. I grew up in Colorado and used to camp a lot with a lifted Toyota pickup but never pursued it further. Fast forward 30 years and have a wonderful wife and amazing daughter so looking to get back into the adventures! Live in Iowa now and would like to meet people and hopefully plan a trip within a year or so for Colorado. Looking forward to using the forums and learning from experienced overlanders!
Hello Larry, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Rig: 2015 JK Wrangler
Experience: offroading - about 4 years; camping - occasional

Found this site as I'm looking to "get out there" more often. I want to experience more of what AZ offers, and surrounding areas, which will require at least an overnight stay. Joining to obtain more information (experience, knowledge and see what set ups are out there).
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! New Overlander, getting the Wife interested in the outdoors, and tents aren’t a great option. She’s excited about being able to camp without them.
Located in North Texas.
Currently in a stock 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk, planning on some minor upgrades over time. Starting off easy while we work the bugs out of our pack list.
Glad to be here!
Hello Miles (@Goose&Gander), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you're starting off right. For good info on packing lists, here's a post that might come in handy.
Introducing Beginner Q&A

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Chris.Ingram

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ingram
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Air Force
2) Location Boise, Idaho! There's so many areas to try but I'm just starting out on this adventure!
3) Rig: 2012 F-150 FX4 (That's my baby! ↓) I've since installed Eibach Pro Truck springs, struts, and shocks to the suspension and gave it a 2" lift. Those are 285/17s and they rub in reverse...which I think is weird since they don't rub going forward.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Zero. Zilch. Nada. I plan on doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next year with my son. I've read it's an "easy/beginner" course to 4x4 and overlanding, so I figure it's a good place to start!

IMG_4828.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’ll be heading your way when the weather rolls in, so maybe in passing we‘ll throw a wave. Heading out for a hunt that way with my brother later this year too. Thanks again, have a good one!
I’m very responsive to DMs, feel free to DM me if you’re heading this way. What will you guys be hunting? And what unit? I usually hunt Starkey, Cathrine Creek, MT Harris, Minum, or Keating for Turkey, Bear, Cougar, Deer, and Elk.

Reactions: NCFireGuy

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
2) Location Boise, Idaho! There's so many areas to try but I'm just starting out on this adventure!
3) Rig: 2012 F-150 FX4 (That's my baby! ↓) I've since installed Eibach Pro Truck springs, struts, and shocks to the suspension and gave it a 2" lift. Those are 285/17s and they rub in reverse...which I think is weird since they don't rub going forward.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Zero. Zilch. Nada. I plan on doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next year with my son. I've read it's an "easy/beginner" course to 4x4 and overlanding, so I figure it's a good place to start!

View attachment 207385

I am the Northwest Director. @David H is your closest member representative. I was just in your area yesterday taking my son to the Airport so he could fly back to Colorado.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Chris.Ingram

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ingram
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Air Force
I am the Northwest Director. @David H is your closest member representative. I was just in your area yesterday taking my son to the Airport so he could fly back to Colorado.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks very much! All of that looks like some incredibly valuable information I'll be using soon.

Reactions: M Rose

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 207385
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So I'm floating around the forums and not seeing a lot of activity for the Idaho region...anything I can do? @David H
@Sandpoint Steve has a monthly conference call, US Northwest - Inland Northwest Monthly Conferance Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

@reaver, @David C Gibbs, @J&V_Bird and @GHCOE might also know of some local groups out doing things.

Lastly go check into the Northwest Regional Roll Call, you will get a lot more responses from members close to you there.

One more thing, I see you don’t have a paid membership, you might not be seeing much activity due to this.

Reactions: David C Gibbs

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
@Sandpoint Steve has a monthly conference call, US Northwest - Inland Northwest Monthly Conferance Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

@reaver, @David C Gibbs, @J&V_Bird and @GHCOE might also know of some local groups out doing things.

Lastly go check into the Northwest Regional Roll Call, you will get a lot more responses from members close to you there.

One more thing, I see you don’t have a paid membership, you might not be seeing much activity due to this.
Were coming up on the end of the year where I start winding things down.

I currently don't have anything planned, as we're trying to knock some home projects out before it gets too cold.

I'll probably try and put some daytrips together for the winter. Most likely out into the owyhees so snow is a little less of a concern.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Thanks for the shout out. We rolled to Hagerman, 1000 Springs, to soak at Miracle Hot Springs for an hour. Here is a little COVID news: There is a new owner of the Snake River Grill in Hagerman.
David