First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all!
Excited to be a part of this group which seems to be filled with really cool and helpful people!

I've been a car guy my whole life until we got a wrangler 3 years ago when I had my first daughter. That got me into wanting to learn all about off-roading and despite having only experienced driving on a beach (which is all we have near me), I've just been dying to learn more and get out to do some actual off-roading on trails and such. We had a set of twins last year, so we stepped into a larger vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Sequoia. I love this thing and every where it allows our family to explore. In the past 9 months of having this vehicle, we've already done about 8 road trips in the north-east area.

I'm from Long Island, NY - Suffolk County area.
My experience is pretty limited, pretty much entirely to driving on the beach from really rocky sand to super soft sand lol.

Notable mods so far would be:
20" fuel rims with a set of K02's just a hair over 34", ARB onboard dual air compressor, TRD pro front skid plate, and a set of cali raised ditch lights.
Future mods are some kind of 2-2.5" lift, Gobi ladder, some kind of roof rack that will mount to my stock roof rails and allow me to mount maxxtrax's, shovel, side led lights, and possibly a rooftop cargo box.

Hello Najeeb and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone,
Brand new member. I decided that I would really enjoy exploring after recently retiring. My wife is adamant that we get a small travel trailer to visit the national parks and forests. I recently purchased a 21 Ram Rebel thinking it could do both. I’m definitely a newbie on dirt. I’m looking for the exploring not rock crawling. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks on the trail.

Steve
Hello Steve and welcome to Overland Bound! Nice choice on the Rebel!!!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone,
My name is John and I am a new member here and also new to overlanding. My wife and I have been wheeling for about 5 years and we also love camping so are looking forward to doing some overlanding. We have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and have built it up for overlanding. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding and meeting new people.
View attachment 205963View attachment 205964
Hello John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Rooster336

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Schulz
Hi forum world,

Joining today after making the decision to transition from single day off-road trips to overlanding. We have always ran Jeeps and I recently parted with mine to purchase a Ram 3500 to overland with. As you can imagine, the build plan is moderate since this beast isn't exactly nimble. Looking forward to learning from the community and seeing y'all out there.

ceedee20

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Barrington, Rhode Island, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Hello All! Chris here… I’ve been lurking for a few months and watching a ton of vids on the OLB YouTube channel as well many others. I’ve gotten into adventuring later in life, but after some positive real life changes, I’ve made a pact with myself to get out and do it! I’ve got an ‘07 Xterra now, but I’ll be selling it and downsizing a bit. Looking forward to some Northeast trips soon. Cheers!

Canineoverland

Rank II

Contributor III

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Hello all, finally joined the Overland Bound fam. My name is Johnny known as @Canineoverland on Instagram. I have a 05 Grand Cherokee and just picked up a 100 series land cruiser for my second build. Hope to see some of you on the trails.

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi forum world,

Joining today after making the decision to transition from single day off-road trips to overlanding. We have always ran Jeeps and I recently parted with mine to purchase a Ram 3500 to overland with. As you can imagine, the build plan is moderate since this beast isn't exactly nimble. Looking forward to learning from the community and seeing y'all out there.
Hello Hans and welcome to Overland Bound! Can't wait to see pics of the 3500!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All! Chris here… I’ve been lurking for a few months and watching a ton of vids on the OLB YouTube channel as well many others. I’ve gotten into adventuring later in life, but after some positive real life changes, I’ve made a pact with myself to get out and do it! I’ve got an ‘07 Xterra now, but I’ll be selling it and downsizing a bit. Looking forward to some Northeast trips soon. Cheers!
Hello Chris and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all, finally joined the Overland Bound fam. My name is Johnny known as @Canineoverland on Instagram. I have a 05 Grand Cherokee and just picked up a 100 series land cruiser for my second build. Hope to see some of you on the trails.
Hello Johnny and welcome to Overland Bound!

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

Hello!

I'm KC. I've been a long time lurker and admirer of all things Overland. I'm finally transitioning from backpacking to care based travel. I've car camped in dispersed sites and dabble in 4x4ing but I'm an overland novice!

Looking forward to engaging with everyone and learning more and more.

No pics of the 2018 Sahara JKU because it's currently getting some new installs :)

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi! My name is Emrah. I have 88' Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD High Roof. I have a family with a background in camping, cycling and mountaineering. We're doing overloading in Turkey for a year. Greetings from Istanbul, Turkey!
Hello Emrah and welcome to Overland Bound! Love the rig!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello!

I'm KC. I've been a long time lurker and admirer of all things Overland. I'm finally transitioning from backpacking to care based travel. I've car camped in dispersed sites and dabble in 4x4ing but I'm an overland novice!

No pics of the 2018 Sahara JKU because it's currently getting some new installs :)
Hello KC and welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone,
My name is John and I am a new member here and also new to overlanding. My wife and I have been wheeling for about 5 years and we also love camping so are looking forward to doing some overlanding. We have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and have built it up for overlanding. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding and meeting new people.
View attachment 205963View attachment 205964
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi forum world,

Hello Hans, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Johnny, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi! My name is Emrah. I have 88' Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD High Roof. I have a family with a background in camping, cycling and mountaineering. We're doing overloading in Turkey for a year. Greetings from Istanbul, Turkey!
Hello Emrah, welcome to Overland Bound. Beautiful location on the picture.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

Hello KC, welcome to Overland Bound.

ceedee20

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Barrington, Rhode Island, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you!

Reactions: Shahn