Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello from Ontario Canada. Running a 2011 Nissan Xterra. Experienced camper / outdoors person, overland novice.

2011 Xterra S
2.5” front lift, 2” rear. BFG KO2 33” tires.
Some mods including:
-full set of diy skid plates
-on board air compressor
-Auxbeam auxiliary controller
-XTP IMS
-Maxxhaul roof basket
-Uniden 520 cb radio
View attachment 205812
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello. And thanks for letting me join. My name is Larry. I’m from San Jose CA. I’m a novice at overlanding. But we do lots of camping. When I was younger we loved to go backpacking. But those days are done. I drive a 2020 Honda Passport 2WD. But my plans are to add accessories to in and do fire roads. lol.
Here’s a picture.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello , I'm Brent from St.Charles Mo. Have been camping , hiking, fishing ,hunting 4 wheeling off and on most of my life . Recently got my kids and girlfriend into it all now, so we big plans in the next couple yrs to do and across the country

2004 toyota sequoia
2.5 arb/ome lift 33x12.5
Sherpa rack w/arb awning
Still in progress

Reactions: Visiontrd and Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hey there, Jeremy from San Diego here, although you’ll find me on trails across the Southwest and Baja California most days. I am the owner of CampDad’s Adventure Co, and have multiple Jeeps for guest use, but my primary “rocklander” is a ‘99 Toyota 4Runner with all the things

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello all!

I'm new to overlanding, coming over from a Jeep TJ rock crawler and doing my camping in a 5th wheel. I live in Columbia, South Carolina and hard core off roading is tuff to find here, but we have some great wilderness areas and a little dispersed or "Wild" camping in our national forest. Loving the whole car camping cross country vibe and I'm discovering places in my own state that I hadn't considered in the past - to mild to rock crawl to wild to 5th wheel. I've been slowly building out a 2007 Lexus GX470 and I love the capability and versatility it brings to my enjoyment of the great outdoor.

View attachment 205864

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello from Bavaria-Germany,

My name is Alex and I'm from the southeastern part of bavaria near the alps. I'm doing a lot of overlanding in southern europe and on a car rental basis in the western part of the US and Canada.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon with lot's of modifications.
Let's find some new friends worldwide and interesting routes and places to be.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hi all!
Excited to be a part of this group which seems to be filled with really cool and helpful people!

I've been a car guy my whole life until we got a wrangler 3 years ago when I had my first daughter. That got me into wanting to learn all about off-roading and despite having only experienced driving on a beach (which is all we have near me), I've just been dying to learn more and get out to do some actual off-roading on trails and such. We had a set of twins last year, so we stepped into a larger vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Sequoia. I love this thing and every where it allows our family to explore. In the past 9 months of having this vehicle, we've already done about 8 road trips in the north-east area.

I'm from Long Island, NY - Suffolk County area.
My experience is pretty limited, pretty much entirely to driving on the beach from really rocky sand to super soft sand lol.

Notable mods so far would be:
20" fuel rims with a set of K02's just a hair over 34", ARB onboard dual air compressor, TRD pro front skid plate, and a set of cali raised ditch lights.
Future mods are some kind of 2-2.5" lift, Gobi ladder, some kind of roof rack that will mount to my stock roof rails and allow me to mount maxxtrax's, shovel, side led lights, and possibly a rooftop cargo box.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello everyone,
Brand new member. I decided that I would really enjoy exploring after recently retiring. My wife is adamant that we get a small travel trailer to visit the national parks and forests. I recently purchased a 21 Ram Rebel thinking it could do both. I’m definitely a newbie on dirt. I’m looking for the exploring not rock crawling. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks on the trail.

Steve

Reactions: SCUBAW and Shahn

BigRedJohn60

Rank II

Contributor III

Longmont, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Hello Everyone,
My name is John and I am a new member here and also new to overlanding. My wife and I have been wheeling for about 5 years and we also love camping so are looking forward to doing some overlanding. We have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and have built it up for overlanding. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding and meeting new people.
188375097_10225601327330586_171716034813000866_n.jpg220324996_10159066792987508_5491704875270473342_n.jpg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all. Just looking to see what’s up with folks in the overlanding arena. I have a 2020Tacoma OR Access Cab that I am setting up for overlanding. I am really intrigued with the latest designs of pullout camp kitchens.
Hello Walter and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone! New to Overlanding. I've camped in the past, fished and bird hunted. My wife and I love the outdoors and want to learn more. We are retired, live in North East Tarrant County, just outside Ft Worth, TX. I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche Z71 that has never failed me! Very interested to learn what if any upgrades would be necessary for what we are looking to do.
Hello Doug and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Ontario Canada. Running a 2011 Nissan Xterra. Experienced camper / outdoors person, overland novice.

2011 Xterra S
2.5” front lift, 2” rear. BFG KO2 33” tires.
Some mods including:
-full set of diy skid plates
-on board air compressor
-Auxbeam auxiliary controller
-XTP IMS
-Maxxhaul roof basket
-Uniden 520 cb radio
View attachment 205812
Hello Eric and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello. And thanks for letting me join. My name is Larry. I’m from San Jose CA. I’m a novice at overlanding. But we do lots of camping. When I was younger we loved to go backpacking. But those days are done. I drive a 2020 Honda Passport 2WD. But my plans are to add accessories to in and do fire roads. lol.
Here’s a picture.
Hello Larry and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello , I'm Brent from St.Charles Mo. Have been camping , hiking, fishing ,hunting 4 wheeling off and on most of my life . Recently got my kids and girlfriend into it all now, so we big plans in the next couple yrs to do and across the country

2004 toyota sequoia
2.5 arb/ome lift 33x12.5
Sherpa rack w/arb awning
Still in progress
Hello Brent and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey there, Jeremy from San Diego here, although you’ll find me on trails across the Southwest and Baja California most days. I am the owner of CampDad’s Adventure Co, and have multiple Jeeps for guest use, but my primary “rocklander” is a ‘99 Toyota 4Runner with all the things
Hello Jeremy and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all!

I'm new to overlanding, coming over from a Jeep TJ rock crawler and doing my camping in a 5th wheel. I live in Columbia, South Carolina and hard core off roading is tuff to find here, but we have some great wilderness areas and a little dispersed or "Wild" camping in our national forest. Loving the whole car camping cross country vibe and I'm discovering places in my own state that I hadn't considered in the past - to mild to rock crawl to wild to 5th wheel. I've been slowly building out a 2007 Lexus GX470 and I love the capability and versatility it brings to my enjoyment of the great outdoor.

View attachment 205864
Hello Donald and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Bavaria-Germany,

My name is Alex and I'm from the southeastern part of bavaria near the alps. I'm doing a lot of overlanding in southern europe and on a car rental basis in the western part of the US and Canada.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon with lot's of modifications.
Let's find some new friends worldwide and interesting routes and places to be.
Hello Alex and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, my name is Javier, I’m out of Southern California. I have many years of experience off road and have made many mistakes to gain experience, luckily none too catastrophic. I drive a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road.
Hello Javier and welcome to Overland Bound!