Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Name is Jason, and just got my F150 a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get out there, explore. We typically do Broken Bow, OK; Grand Lake, CO; and other locations.

I have zero experience in overlanding, or four wheeling in general.
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.
Welcome to the club my friend from Los Angeles CA

Reactions: Shahn

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings! Happy to be part of Overland Bound. I’m retired from the Army. I overlanded a lot when I was in the Army. All over the US Western Deserts, Middle East and Australia. Fun times. Heading to Overland Mtn East in August. I recently added the AEV Snorkel and am due for new tires. Looking at the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires. I just moved to TN from the NC mtns to look after my 97 y/o Uncle. So my overlanding will be slowed for the time being. Looking forward to many future adventures. Stay safe! Mark
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB community.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hi folks!

My name is Jean-Michel, (french name translated as John-Michael roughly!).
I live in Harare, Zimbabwe and drive a Land Rover Defender.
It is my second 4x4, previously I owned a Land Rover Discovery 1.
I have done very few modifications to the vehicle, as it has met all my needs thus far. I have owned it for 5 years, and done about 65,000km. I do basic maintenance myself and use the Landy to go into various parts of the country, mostly our National Parks and wildlife areas, where I work as a Professional Safari Guide.

Great to be a part of this community.
Cheers
Hello and welcome to the OB family!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello, I’m Rob and I’m completely new to Overlanding. This all started with my desire to build out a camper van, which I did. I took a Ford Econoline 150 (paid $1100) and gutted it and built out the inside on my own. Which is a great accomplishment for me because I have ZERO carpentry skills!!! I built the van because I wanted to get out and see the less visited spots and that is the only way I knew to do it. Somewhere along the way I was introduced to Overlanding. But I didn’t have a vehicle to do that with so I sold the van and bought an “Adventure” camper. Long story short, I don’t like pulling something. So that brings us to the present, I’m in the process of selling my camper to put towards an SUV to build out (slowly and cost effectively) as a vehicle to get out on the backroads.

As of this moment I don’t have a vehicle but I’m leaning towards a Toyota 4 Runner or something similar. I’d love some input on this. What are the best mods to make first?

Anyway that’s the short version of what brought me to Overland Bound.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting out on the dirt.

Rob

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Greetings! Happy to be part of Overland Bound. I’m retired from the Army. I overlanded a lot when I was in the Army. All over the US Western Deserts, Middle East and Australia. Fun times. Heading to Overland Mtn East in August. I recently added the AEV Snorkel and am due for new tires. Looking at the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires. I just moved to TN from the NC mtns to look after my 97 y/o Uncle. So my overlanding will be slowed for the time being. Looking forward to many future adventures. Stay safe! Mark

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Name is Jason, and just got my F150 a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get out there, explore. We typically do Broken Bow, OK; Grand Lake, CO; and other locations.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Jason and welcome to Overland Bound!

CecilFnOtter

Rank I

Contributor I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Petrucci
Member #

Hi all!

My name’s Clay. Upon buying a half-capable vehicle I’ve decided it’s time to begin after being a long time follower, but driving FWD wagons..

I’ve got a new Subaru Outback XT that’s just begging to go have fun. Nothing insane. AWD just can’t hang. But she’s my daily. The goal is to maximize drivability and overland potential to the best of my ability. She won’t keep up with a Tundra, but probably be more pleasant to take to work.

Anyhow, I’m out in Reno, NV, just getting started, and damn excited!

Contributor II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Bjorn
Last Name
Odinsson
Service Branch
US Army
Hi all!

My name’s Clay. Upon buying a half-capable vehicle I’ve decided it’s time to begin after being a long time follower, but driving FWD wagons..

I’ve got a new Subaru Outback XT that’s just begging to go have fun. Nothing insane. AWD just can’t hang. But she’s my daily. The goal is to maximize drivability and overland potential to the best of my ability. She won’t keep up with a Tundra, but probably be more pleasant to take to work.

LOL, I am damn excited for you too!! I know how it feels to be a newbie (by like 8 weeks). :grinning:

Let us know how your adventures go please!

Skol ~ SotN
Land Viking Adventures

Canderson94

Rank II

Contributor III

Steamboat Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello everyone! Been debating joining Overland Bound and finally pulled the trigger. I’ve been off-roading my entire life and recently moved to Steamboat Springs CO. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you all out on the trail! 3F46CAFE-D0BA-4BA2-837F-0A30AB84CA0B.jpeg

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all!

Hello Clay, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I’m Rob and I’m completely new to Overlanding. This all started with my desire to build out a camper van, which I did. I took a Ford Econoline 150 (paid $1100) and gutted it and built out the inside on my own. Which is a great accomplishment for me because I have ZERO carpentry skills!!! I built the van because I wanted to get out and see the less visited spots and that is the only way I knew to do it. Somewhere along the way I was introduced to Overlanding. But I didn’t have a vehicle to do that with so I sold the van and bought an “Adventure” camper. Long story short, I don’t like pulling something. So that brings us to the present, I’m in the process of selling my camper to put towards an SUV to build out (slowly and cost effectively) as a vehicle to get out on the backroads.

As of this moment I don’t have a vehicle but I’m leaning towards a Toyota 4 Runner or something similar. I’d love some input on this. What are the best mods to make first?

Anyway that’s the short version of what brought me to Overland Bound.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting out on the dirt.

Rob
Hello Rob, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: ErKa and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: ErKa and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Jason (@LetsGetLostOutside), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. There's plenty of good folks here that you can learn from.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all!

Hello Clay, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone! Been debating joining Overland Bound and finally pulled the trigger. I’ve been off-roading my entire life and recently moved to Steamboat Springs CO. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you all out on the trail! View attachment 205708
Hello Chase, welcome to the OB family.