Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.
Hello Steven, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi - I’m Dina and with my hubby Tom, we’re just starting to plan on outfitting our 2014 Nissan Armada. It’s stock already 4x4 with 33s but we’re planning on upgrading to all terrain tires in the same size. Other than that, we’re still figuring it out. Oh, and we’re in NJ.
Hello Dina and Tom, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Fellow Land-Vikings!!
Live in the PNW, retired military, new to owning a truck and to over-landing. Purchased my 2021 Ram; "TANK", in March, and have did a couple things to it already (rack, and RTT).
Joined the forum to find out about more places to disperse camp here in WA. State, and maybe make a friend or two. :grinning:
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

View attachment 205398
Hello Bjorn, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
1)Here’s my Ranger.
2)I’m in the Western Denver area
3) 21 Ranger FX4
4) I’ve been on a few trails around but not many.
I’ve been watching the Overland Bound YouTube for a few years but finally have a 4x4
My truck is still mostly stock. I just have a mild suspension lift and I’m waiting for some 255/80/17s to be delivered.
Hello Ricardo, welcome to the OB family.

Y aan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
Yaan
Last Name
B
Hi. I’m Jana from Belgium. Along with my family of four we have been preparing for a long time to start overlanding indefinitely as of next summer. Our first years will likely be with a small van with rooftop tent and stay within broader European region until we have prepared our larger 4x4 mobilhome. Looking forward to learning from all of you

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi. I’m Jana from Belgium. Along with my family of four we have been preparing for a long time to start overlanding indefinitely as of next summer. Our first years will likely be with a small van with rooftop tent and stay within broader European region until we have prepared our larger 4x4 mobilhome. Looking forward to learning from all of you
Hello Jana, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello! My name is Ritsomveacheth Harry So, I am a Fire Captain at my local Fire Department in Brooktrails Ca. My rig is a: 2016 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0! I am a novice overlander. I absolutely love the outdoors and lately I have been traversing quick simple trails in my area in between my duty weeks. I do plan to officially do some overland camping after fire season. I look forward to hopefully meeting up with other members here! Life is about the adventures!
Hello Ritsomveacheth and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
My name is Jorden Rittenhouse! I’m an entrepreneur with my own screen printing business, I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ for my rig! My wife and I have been in a few trips but really eager to get out and meet a bunch of people and go on more adventures! Hope to see you guys on the road!!!
Hello Jorden and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
What's up everyone.

The wife and I have always loved camping and being out doors. I recently traded for a 2010 Tacoma and after doing a little research decided we needed to start overlanding lol. we live in Northern Alabama and hope to hit the trails with the kiddos this fall.
Hello Hayden and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

2) Location (General area is fine)

North Central Illinois - where I-80 and I-39 intersect

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2008 Hummer H3 Alpha, 1967 M416 military surplus trailer

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Way back in the '90s I used to edit the Dodge pages on off-road.com. Never been a hard-core off-roader, but have had lots of fun over the years with a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, a 2006 TJ, and, since then, my baby Hummer. Love camping and using a 4x4 to explore interesting and hard-to-reach places.

I put some videos of some of my adventures here:

I'm active in Illinois Overlanders:

I've been a guest in the forums for quite some time, and am a big fan of the videos - really helped my upgrade my gear and up my outdoor adventure game in general. Finally decided to pay for a membership to help support the community!
Hello Tom and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: lugantom

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.
Hello Steven and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Luci_Rado

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi - I’m Dina and with my hubby Tom, we’re just starting to plan on outfitting our 2014 Nissan Armada. It’s stock already 4x4 with 33s but we’re planning on upgrading to all terrain tires in the same size. Other than that, we’re still figuring it out. Oh, and we’re in NJ.
Hello Dina and Tom! Welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Luci_Rado

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Fellow Land-Vikings!!
Live in the PNW, retired military, new to owning a truck and to over-landing. Purchased my 2021 Ram; "TANK", in March, and have did a couple things to it already (rack, and RTT).
Joined the forum to find out about more places to disperse camp here in WA. State, and maybe make a friend or two. :grinning:
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

View attachment 205398
Hello Bjorn and welcome to Overland Bound! In addition hello from a fellow PNW'er and Ram owner/lover! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Son of the Norse

lostjohnny

Rank II

Contributor III

Hartford, WI, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Hi Overland Bound community! I'm John, and excited to be part of this group

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Experience: Intermediate - I've done a decent number of trips throughout the Rockies and Midwest areas of the USA.

I'm looking forward to learning and getting to know some of you! Let's go places!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1)Here’s my Ranger.
2)I’m in the Western Denver area
3) 21 Ranger FX4
4) I’ve been on a few trails around but not many.
I’ve been watching the Overland Bound YouTube for a few years but finally have a 4x4
My truck is still mostly stock. I just have a mild suspension lift and I’m waiting for some 255/80/17s to be delivered.
Hello Ricardo and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Jana and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Overland Bound community! I'm John, and excited to be part of this group

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Experience: Intermediate - I've done a decent number of trips throughout the Rockies and Midwest areas of the USA.

I'm looking forward to learning and getting to know some of you! Let's go places!
Hello John and welcome to Overland Bound!

overland.sugi

Rank II

Contributor III

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Suguitan
Member #

Hello Everyone!

New member here and little something about me, I always wanted to go do dispersed camping. Never camped in my life or any outdoor activities. Being the sole provider to a family of 6, it was hard to go out and do the things I wanted to do. Now 2 of my kids are old enough to help around the house, I now have a little bit of time for myself. So when I turned 40 a few months back, I made a decision to go out and do what I've always wanted to do. Since I cannot do this more than 3 days at a time and just to get my feet wet with the experience, I will be using my 2004 BMW X5 3.0. It's got 129k miles and currently refreshing the whole cooling system, ccv system to cold weather, valve cover and oil filter housing gaskets and upgrading the disa valve. I am doing it myself a few hours a day and looking to get everything done by end of week.

Looking forward to learn from everyone and maybe get access to easy trails, campsites around northern CA.

johngovols

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Newberry
Member #

Good evening from Georgia. My name is John Newberry and I have a 1978 Ford Bronco custom that I have been putting back together for the last 7 years.
Originally from Burbank, CA move here in 1980 and have been here ever sense. This weekend will be our first overland trip as we hit the GA Traverse, should be loads of fun. Thank you all for the opportunity to become a member. Good night.31416723_10155983882066858_1241955876005216256_n (2).jpg