Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello the name is Eric I was born and raised in Chicago and now reside in Burbank IL.
I have a 2008 Hummer H3 that loves to stay dirty.
I would consider my overlanding experience to be a novice since I have only been to a few locations. View attachment 204238View attachment 204242
Welcome to Overland Bound Eric
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all love this community

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger 3 inch lift and other mods 35s on order
Experience: aways learning. been Overlanding for awhile now bringing along my 6 year old daughter lots of fun
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
There are some very active members in the Las Vegas area, here is a link to some of their activites.
Las Vegas meet-up;
US West - Las Vegas OB members...A new hangout
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 204227
Hello All,

We are excited to join the Overland Bound community.

Rig: first generation Ford Expedition
Experience: moderate. Our rig has taken us on some crazy adventures over the past three years and never let us down. Our longest trip was 8 days to Moab and North Rim of Grand Canyon.
We are hoping to meet some likeminded adventurers to enjoy our new passion with.

Rich and Monica
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick and Monica
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Overland Bound Meetups
Here is a the link to the Reno Overlanding meet-up, probably our most active group in the community.
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread
They are also on FB and IG.
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Mr.Spain and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, been toying with joining made the jump today. 07 Xterra 4x4 camp and fly-fishing rig for solo mostly, as of now but 45 years of camping and primitive camping under my belt.
Welcome To Overland Bound Philip
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you in NC for local information is @NC-Trooper
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! I just *finally* got my first 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. I am in the process of hooking it up with a RTT and some other gear so I can start getting out and exploring...I am beyond excited for this new world and can't wait to learn!
Overland Bound Meetups
If your interested there is an active group of members in Las Vegas that meet-up and go on trips regularly;
Las Vegas meet-up;
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All. I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4WD that is pretty stock right now except for a leveling Kit and Camper topper shell. I am an Aircraft mechanic that works on Boeing 767 and 777's. I was a Caterpillar Heavy Equipment mechanic when I was younger. What can I say, I like turning wrenches. My goal is to make my truck more off road capable without going to overboard. We currently have ground tenting experience which is all we have ever known. My wife and I used to camp all the time with our motorcycle. The older we get, the more the Overlanding thing seems to possibly be a better fit. We're currently living in the Las Vegas / Henderson area. We have lived there off and on for the last 30 plus years. I have explored a lot of the desert around Southern Nevada and look forward to learning of new areas. Hopefully we can get to know some of you and build friendships along the way.
Lots of new members from Las Vegas this morning. Great area, centrally located to some real good adventure spots.
Overland Bound Meetups
If your interested there is an active group of members in Las Vegas that meet-up and go on trips regularly;
Las Vegas meet-up;
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. My name is Craig and my family and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. We love the outdoors and simply love taking the long way to get anywhere. It's great being part of this world wide family.
Welcome to Overland Bound Craig
I hear things are not that great in South Africa right now, keep safe!
Your Regional Director is @Get Out GO for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Just wanted to hop on and say hi. My name is Sam and my husband and I are from TC, Michigan! We love traveling and with him being in the army previously we’ve both traveled quite a bit! Thanks for including me in this fantastic community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: Sam.jones2014

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hi Craig, welcome to Overland bound! Give me a shout if you have any questions or need help with anything

Hi all. My name is Craig and my family and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. We love the outdoors and simply love taking the long way to get anywhere. It's great being part of this world wide family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Meet Jabari, this is my 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GTD-6 4x4. She's set up for overlanding Africa, but we are constantly tweaking and changing the set up!

View attachment 204166

I'm technically based out of Johannesburg South Africa, but I sold my house pre covid, and other than occasionally staying with family, we are permanently on the road.

I'm very experienced in Southern Africa, have a little bit of experience in East/Central and Sahel, but I know it is a small pond in the big picture of overlanding. Here to learn and maybe lend some advice if anyone is looking to come to this part of the world!

Edit: Got too excited to post. Also wanted to say my background is in photography and film making, and please check out my channel over at www.youtube.com/c/timhulme :)
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim
Hopefully South Africa will open back up soon.
Your Regional Director i South Africa is @Get Out GO for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here is a section of the forum you might be interested in;
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
My name is Travis, and I'm getting back into the camping/off-roading scene again! My wife and I recently moved to the Dallas area for work and both agree that if we have to be stuck in the city then we need a way to get out into the wilds. I'll be ordering a Gladiator rubicon once our house sells, and from there I'll jumping into the off road game with both feet! Hopefully I'll see some of you on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis.
You wont be sorry with the Gladiator.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Twayson

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bothell, WA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Wayson
Member #

Hey everyone!
My name is Tim.
Located in Bothell WA
I’ve got a 98 4Runner that’s my baby.
Last year my wife and I did our first real over land trip on the WA BDR and we’re hooked.
We’ve always been into backpacking and camping so this is the obvious next thing for us.
Done a ton of recent upgrades to the rig including new motor, onboard air, roof top tent, and heavy maintenance trying to get it ready for some upcoming adventures

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Reactions: Kent R and Mr.Spain

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone!
My name is Tim.
Located in Bothell WA
I’ve got a 98 4Runner that’s my baby.
Last year my wife and I did our first real over land trip on the WA BDR and we’re hooked.
We’ve always been into backpacking and camping so this is the obvious next thing for us.
Done a ton of recent upgrades to the rig including new motor, onboard air, roof top tent, and heavy maintenance trying to get it ready for some upcoming adventures
Hello Tim! Welcome to the OB family from a fellow PNW'er!

Reactions: Kent R and Twayson

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone!

Aaron and I live in Springdale Arkansas. I have a 21 Jeep Wrangler. I love to get out in the National Forest and explore. Looking forward to meeting some folks in the local area that share an interest in getting out to explore.
Hello Aaron, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
G'day, I'm Pete.

Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Landcruiser Troopcarrier GXL
Experience: Did some 4WD'ing when I was younger, have been out of the scene for a while, but now with my Troopy, I'm planning on getting back in to it!

View attachment 204157
Hello Pete, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all!
My name is Travis, and I'm getting back into the camping/off-roading scene again! My wife and I recently moved to the Dallas area for work and both agree that if we have to be stuck in the city then we need a way to get out into the wilds. I'll be ordering a Gladiator rubicon once our house sells, and from there I'll jumping into the off road game with both feet! Hopefully I'll see some of you on the trails!
Hello Travis (@Fury offroad), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Welcome to Texas and welcome back to camping/off-roading.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and Travis P

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Meet Jabari, this is my 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GTD-6 4x4. She's set up for overlanding Africa, but we are constantly tweaking and changing the set up!

View attachment 204166

I'm technically based out of Johannesburg South Africa, but I sold my house pre covid, and other than occasionally staying with family, we are permanently on the road.

I'm very experienced in Southern Africa, have a little bit of experience in East/Central and Sahel, but I know it is a small pond in the big picture of overlanding. Here to learn and maybe lend some advice if anyone is looking to come to this part of the world!

Edit: Got too excited to post. Also wanted to say my background is in photography and film making, and please check out my channel over at www.youtube.com/c/timhulme :)
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R