Rank I

Enthusiast I

Annandale, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Bielawski
Howdy!! Happy to be here.

I've been following OB on YouTube for quite some time (ever since member numbers were in the 4,000's).

I'm located in New Jersey.
I don't really have any overlanding experience, although I have camping experience (Eagle Scout!).
I used to own a Jeep Commander that was lifted and modified, but that's now gone, and I'm now behind the wheel of the 2020 Subaru Forester below.

Cheers to all!!!

20200702_202404.jpg

LX450(96)

Rank III

Contributor III

Lake Stevens, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Alvanos
Member #

Evening everyone!

We have our trusty 1996 Lexus LX450 (80 series) as seen below, though now on 305/70/16 BFGoodrich KO2s which has made a huge difference, otherwise unmodified aside from some removing the side step and some low hanging bits of plastic. We've been exploring the old logging roads out here in the North Cascades and the Pacific Northwest in general for many years now, but only picked up the 80 in the last couple of years. Most of my experience has been either using the Lexus in the snow on backroads, or wheeling the family Wrangler LJ. I have driven the Rubicon and a number of our local trails especially in Tillamook, OR and Naches, WA.

We are looking to meet other overlanders so I can both push the rig and explore remote areas more safely - we camp year round and want nothing more than to go with a group for safety and better recovery options. Have my license for operating a GMRS radio, a full size spare, recovery strap but no winch yet. So far my recovery boards and a shovel have done the trick! Reach out if you're in the PNW and want to do some exploring, I'll be watching the meetups but still not sure how this group works.

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey everyone! My husband Mike and I have been overlanding in South America for 2 years and are now concluding our trip in Chile. If you need more info on travelling in Chile during the pandemic, just ping me (:
Hi Jolyn and Mike and welcome to OverlandBound,

Sounds like a beautiful overlanding trip you did. Is there anywhere to read more about this? A blog or so? South America is one of the destinations I would like to travel to in the near future. Let's see when it is well possible again!

Enjoy your time here at OB!

Cheers, Björn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

I've been following OB on YouTube for quite some time (ever since member numbers were in the 4,000's).

I don't really have any overlanding experience, although I have camping experience (Eagle Scout!).
I used to own a Jeep Commander that was lifted and modified, but that's now gone, and I'm now behind the wheel of the 2020 Subaru Forester below.

Cheers to all!!!

View attachment 203017
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Evening everyone!

We have our trusty 1996 Lexus LX450 (80 series) as seen below, though now on 305/70/16 BFGoodrich KO2s which has made a huge difference, otherwise unmodified aside from some removing the side step and some low hanging bits of plastic. We've been exploring the old logging roads out here in the North Cascades and the Pacific Northwest in general for many years now, but only picked up the 80 in the last couple of years. Most of my experience has been either using the Lexus in the snow on backroads, or wheeling the family Wrangler LJ. I have driven the Rubicon and a number of our local trails especially in Tillamook, OR and Naches, WA.

We are looking to meet other overlanders so I can both push the rig and explore remote areas more safely - we camp year round and want nothing more than to go with a group for safety and better recovery options. Have my license for operating a GMRS radio, a full size spare, recovery strap but no winch yet. So far my recovery boards and a shovel have done the trick! Reach out if you're in the PNW and want to do some exploring, I'll be watching the meetups but still not sure how this group works.

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018
Hello Niko, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello and thanks for the add. While I have a lot of Camping, RV/Motor homing and 4WD. As I enter retirement I am looking for my nest stage in life I would like to get back to travel and exploring. RIght now I am looking towards Building out a FMTV as a possible world explorer.
Hello Denis, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello and thanks for the add. While I have a lot of Camping, RV/Motor homing and 4WD. As I enter retirement I am looking for my nest stage in life I would like to get back to travel and exploring. RIght now I am looking towards Building out a FMTV as a possible world explorer.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Evening everyone!

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018
Welcome to Overland Bound Niko & Britani
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Blindman Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers to all!!!

View attachment 203017
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! My name is Joanna. I am a registered nurse in an intensive care unit in NorCal. COVID and caring for COVID patients has changed me. I ditched my beautiful mom SUV and took the plunge to start investing in a lifestyle I have always found appealing…overlanding!!! I recently purchased a 2021 Tacoma and have started purchasing accessories after careful research. Little by little I want my adventure truck to be able to take me and/or my family to new places that we only wished we could see before. I have so much to learn and know this () much. Am always open to suggestions, ideas and like minded people! Xoxo
Welcome to Overland Bound Joanna
If you could edit your profile to include the closest city it will help our members to get you up to date information, such as meet-ups and trips.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Evening everyone!

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
@MrWilsonWJ runs the Naches area quite a bit with other fellow Tri-Cities Washington guys. @jcgraves3 is the member representative for the Willamette Valley and northern Oregon Coast.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

SemperCoasty

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Full Time Traveler
First Name
John
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNA234
Service Branch
USCG
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thank you for all of this information. My wife is always looking at those thrifty apps or sites like Craigslist. She has
asked me a handful of times about driving down to your neck of the woods to grab this item or that...so I may able to take you up on your offer. I will keep it in mind.
Thank you
Great. Just let me know if she's coming along and I will make sure my wife is there too.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi! My name is Joanna. I am a registered nurse in an intensive care unit in NorCal. COVID and caring for COVID patients has changed me. I ditched my beautiful mom SUV and took the plunge to start investing in a lifestyle I have always found appealing…overlanding!!! I recently purchased a 2021 Tacoma and have started purchasing accessories after careful research. Little by little I want my adventure truck to be able to take me and/or my family to new places that we only wished we could see before. I have so much to learn and know this () much. Am always open to suggestions, ideas and like minded people! Xoxo
Hello Joana, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your hard work.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Cheers to all!!!

View attachment 203017
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Evening everyone!

See you on the trail!

-Niko & Britani

View attachment 203018
Hello Niko and Britani, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Denis (@dbduchene), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Congratulations on the retirement. Sounds like you will truly enjoy it.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Kent R