First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Long time listener, first time caller.

Love spending time outdoors but found that as I get older those backpacking trips are taking longer and longer to recover from. So vehicle camping was my best bet to continue that and gave me a way to continue my passion of working on and building cars.

Not a complete noob to overlanding/offroading, but in the middle of the first build of my own. Picked up a 2000 LX470 earlier this year and have put a lot of time into maintenance and upgrades. Maintenance is all current and I've added an Ironman4X4 FCP Stage 3 kit and WKOR sliders to date. Bumpers and a GOBI rack are on order but who knows when those will arrive.

Just happy to be here and hope to find some good trails, events, and people.
Hello Kyle (@LandXruiser), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You are right in our neighborhood. We have a monthly meet the 1st Saturday of each month at Old Settlers Park. We'd enjoy seeing you there.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Name is Lon… Currently living in Central North Carolina. Active military in the process of retiring so we’re stepping up our venture/explore game. Really hoping to start meeting up with folks and joining some group events. 2019 Tacoma and DIY Squaredrop trailer.
Hello Lon, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.
Hello Alyia , welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just getting started in this world. Living in Colorado and keep telling myself "those mountains look great.....from way down here".

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota 4runner
Skill: Beginner
Hello Charles, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.
Hello Alyia, welcome to Overland Bound.

Elija219

Rank I

Member I

Ottawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Eli
Last Name
Poole
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Eli219
Good morning all,
Excited to be a part of the group and I am outfitting a Tundra Crew Cab. I am from the Ottawa Valley Canada and excited to hit the trails when I complete my build as it is taking a very long time due to equipment availability. I am in the process of looking for the OVOR, checked on GAIA, facebook group chats, now this site, messaged gravel travel numerous times and no joy. Its like this trail is a nation secret as no one wants to share information.

Batchild101

Rank I

Contributor III

Hudson, FL, USA
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
LYNCH
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4HNR
Hello from Hudson Florida. Me and my family love to get outdoors and do a lot of camping. We do car camping some but are ready to do more self contained camping. I have a 2006 Jeep commander that have been slowly working on as our overland vehicle but still use as a daily driver for now. I'm looking for info about overland trailers. Love the concept but want to try and build from scratch or buy used and modify. Thanks to all that read this and lend thier two cents. Knowledge is valuable.. I have attached a pic of my project vehicle ready to be made into something more..

Attachments

wesch.ogk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Wesch
Member #

Hey all, I’m Charlie my friends call me CJ (named after the Jeep)

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado
New to over-landing but I have a lot of off road experience and have been camping my entire life. Can’t wait to meet some people out there,Adventure on until then!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning all,
Excited to be a part of the group and I am outfitting a Tundra Crew Cab. I am from the Ottawa Valley Canada and excited to hit the trails when I complete my build as it is taking a very long time due to equipment availability. I am in the process of looking for the OVOR, checked on GAIA, facebook group chats, now this site, messaged gravel travel numerous times and no joy. Its like this trail is a nation secret as no one wants to share information.
Hello Eli, welcome to Overland Bound.

trailsoffroad.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Hudson Florida. Me and my family love to get outdoors and do a lot of camping. We do car camping some but are ready to do more self contained camping. I have a 2006 Jeep commander that have been slowly working on as our overland vehicle but still use as a daily driver for now. I'm looking for info about overland trailers. Love the concept but want to try and build from scratch or buy used and modify. Thanks to all that read this and lend thier two cents. Knowledge is valuable.. I have attached a pic of my project vehicle ready to be made into something more..
Hello Darrell, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, I’m Charlie my friends call me CJ (named after the Jeep)

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado Charlie
New to over-landing but I have a lot of off road experience and have been camping my entire life. Can’t wait to meet some people out there,Adventure on until then!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all,
In regards to your interest in the OVOR, if a member has information I am sure they will help you. Use the trip planning page and the regional pages to see who has the info you need.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman, Ryan might be able to steer you in the right direction.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just getting started in this world. Living in Colorado and keep telling myself "those mountains look great.....from way down here".

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota 4runner
Skill: Beginner
Welcome to Overland Bound Charles
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is Ben, I am from Central Ohio.
New to overlanding, just got back into a jeep after a coupler of years.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ben
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name is Lon… Currently living in Central North Carolina. Active military in the process of retiring so we’re stepping up our venture/explore game. Really hoping to start meeting up with folks and joining some group events. 2019 Tacoma and DIY Squaredrop trailer.
Welcome To Overland Bound Lon
Good looking set up.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
For local Overland Bound information, the closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan