Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 201895

Hola.

New Northeastern overlander here. Based out of Mass. Don't have much experience overlanding, but quite a bit of experience camping. I know my way around a wrench (and especially electricals.)

This is my rig, a lifted subaru impreza. Works pretty well for me so far!

Should've joined when I was still inn Washington! Oh well. Better late than never. :D
Hello Jules, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and bitmuse

NCTJ

Rank II

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Willis
Member #

Hi everyone, I’m Jake and I recently moved to Raleigh, NC. I’ve owned a ‘97 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L for 4 years now but I just started getting into offroading as my build has progressed. I recently did my first overlanding trip out in Pisgah National Forest and I am hooked! Looking to meet new people and plan some trips.

Attachments

LandXruiser

Rank III

Contributor III

Round Rock, Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Dearing
Member #

Long time listener, first time caller.

Love spending time outdoors but found that as I get older those backpacking trips are taking longer and longer to recover from. So vehicle camping was my best bet to continue that and gave me a way to continue my passion of working on and building cars.

Not a complete noob to overlanding/offroading, but in the middle of the first build of my own. Picked up a 2000 LX470 earlier this year and have put a lot of time into maintenance and upgrades. Maintenance is all current and I've added an Ironman4X4 FCP Stage 3 kit and WKOR sliders to date. Bumpers and a GOBI rack are on order but who knows when those will arrive.

Just happy to be here and hope to find some good trails, events, and people.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all, My name is Steve and was just got a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited. It needs some work before I start modding it to be able to be more capable but I'm very interested in getting it cleaned up for long travel. I'm Kansas so there is much for overlanding, but i'm pretty close to a few popular spots that I'm excited to adventure to in the next year or so. Joined this community to get some inspiration for overlanding since I'm new to it.
Hello Steve, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone, I’m Jake and I recently moved to Raleigh, NC. I’ve owned a ‘97 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L for 4 years now but I just started getting into offroading as my build has progressed. I recently did my first overlanding trip out in Pisgah National Forest and I am hooked! Looking to meet new people and plan some trips.
Hello Jake, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and NCTJ

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

Love spending time outdoors but found that as I get older those backpacking trips are taking longer and longer to recover from. So vehicle camping was my best bet to continue that and gave me a way to continue my passion of working on and building cars.

Not a complete noob to overlanding/offroading, but in the middle of the first build of my own. Picked up a 2000 LX470 earlier this year and have put a lot of time into maintenance and upgrades. Maintenance is all current and I've added an Ironman4X4 FCP Stage 3 kit and WKOR sliders to date. Bumpers and a GOBI rack are on order but who knows when those will arrive.

Welcome! Great looking vehicle!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Kyle, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jake, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: NCTJ and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66, he can get you information regarding the local meet-ups.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: roots66

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Old Dog Venture

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Plano, Texas, United States
First Name
Old Dog
Last Name
Venture
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Name is Lon… Currently living in Central North Carolina. Active military in the process of retiring so we’re stepping up our venture/explore game. Really hoping to start meeting up with folks and joining some group events. 2019 Tacoma and DIY Squaredrop trailer.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name is Lon… Currently living in Central North Carolina. Active military in the process of retiring so we’re stepping up our venture/explore game. Really hoping to start meeting up with folks and joining some group events. 2019 Tacoma and DIY Squaredrop trailer.
Hello Lon, welcome to Overland Bound, thank you for your service. I like the set-up.

Elementaalityy

Rank II

Contributor III

Broomfield, Broomfield, Colorado, United States
First Name
Alyia
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.
Hello and welcome to the OB family!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Jake, welcome to the OB family.