Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone Iam Ross from Leduc Alberta Canada. Iam a novice but am willing to learn. I have a 1997 Land Rover discovery 1 I traded for from my brother in law.it is stock except for a winch.
Hello Ross, welcome to the OB family. Looks like you have a great start with the Disco.

Reactions: Kent R and Ross 61

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi my name is jerry retired from the United States MARINE CORPS 29 years ago retired owner operator 11 years ago I'm the VETERANS Driver for the town I live in love this O Verlander group and what it stands for I just want to relax and enjoy life and be around good people Thank You Jerry
Hello Jerry, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Everyone,

My name is Beau, was given the nickname K12 in the military. My rig is a Ram 1500, pictured below. Also in the picture is the best overlanding partner I could ask for. Its good to be a part of the forum and I look forward to getting to know and learn from everyone.

K12

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @ is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi my name is jerry retired from the United States MARINE CORPS 29 years ago retired owner operator 11 years ago I'm the VETERANS Driver for the town I live in love this O Verlander group and what it stands for I just want to relax and enjoy life and be around good people Thank You Jerry
Hello Jerry & welcome to the OB family. Thank you for your service!!!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all, My name is Steve and was just got a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited. It needs some work before I start modding it to be able to be more capable but I'm very interested in getting it cleaned up for long travel. I'm Kansas so there is much for overlanding, but i'm pretty close to a few popular spots that I'm excited to adventure to in the next year or so. Joined this community to get some inspiration for overlanding since I'm new to it.
Hello and welcome Steve!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New to the community. Very happy to be here. My wife and I are headed to Shenandoah National Park in a couple of days. Hiking parts of the AT and doin a little camping. Can't wait to get on the road.
If you've been to Shenandoah Valley - plz share 'must see or do' sites in the area. Thanks.
Hello Mitchell, welcome to the OB family!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone Iam Ross from Leduc Alberta Canada. Iam a novice but am willing to learn. I have a 1997 Land Rover discovery 1 I traded for from my brother in law.it is stock except for a winch.
Howdy Ross!
Welcome from Arizona, USA!

Reactions: Kent R and Ross 61

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
New to the community. Very happy to be here. My wife and I are headed to Shenandoah National Park in a couple of days. Hiking parts of the AT and doin a little camping. Can't wait to get on the road.
If you've been to Shenandoah Valley - plz share 'must see or do' sites in the area. Thanks.
Welcome from Arizona!

R2BICON

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Monument, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Hey all , been a couple months since I got on here, I don’t remember if I’ve posted yet or not... But I’m Chris, I‘m in Castle Rock, CO. I have an 03 Toyota Sequoia (there is 5 of us), but I also have an 1981 Toyota Trekker that I am building. We just got back from a great trip over Medano Pass here in Colorado and spend some days at the Sand Dunes. That is a great road, and the Dunes are worth some time.
Hey Chris new here also, we are down in Monument, have a JKU and there is 4 of us. Should meet up for a day trip just getting into this Overlanding.

R2BICON

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Monument, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Hey everyone new to this Overlanding. My son and I did a trip down the middle of Oregon last summer before we moved here early this year. Little over 450 miles all offroad from Sisters to Crater lake national park. Setting up the JKU for more off grid camping so I'll have lots of Questions. We are now located in the Colorado Springs/Monumnet Colorado area. Looking to getting some weekend trips in and working up to the longer week ones as we work the bugs out of our set up. We have a 2016 JKU.

Attachments

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jerry, welcome to Overland Bound, thank you for your service. Glad you are here.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone new to this Overlanding. My son and I did a trip down the middle of Oregon last summer before we moved here early this year. Little over 450 miles all offroad from Sisters to Crater lake national park. Setting up the JKU for more off grid camping so I'll have lots of Questions. We are now located in the Colorado Springs/Monumnet Colorado area. Looking to getting some weekend trips in and working up to the longer week ones as we work the bugs out of our set up. We have a 2016 JKU.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Jerry
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you in TN is @Hank Outdoors, great guy and a wealth of information.
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl
Your Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and R2BICON

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Ryan! Welcome from Washington State!

Reactions: Kent R and R2BICON