Millington, TN, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4WKF
Hello Everyone! My name is Shawn. I have been in the over-landing community for a few years now. Both my wife and I drive jeeps her's a 2016 JKU and I a 2016 JK. We greatly enjoy camping and trail riding. Over the past 4 years we have travelled down to Padre Island TX Florida panhandle and Ouray Colorado. Diane and I enjoy jeeping and have a number of trips we are planning. One is the arctic circle in 2023. I am currently working on my overl-land trailer build "more to follow on that latter" and have a few problems to workout. Hope to see you out on the trails! We will be at the Tennessee Trail Jam 2021 Located at Loretta Lynn's campground on the 18th - 20th If you are there come by and say HI! 73!IMG_2229.JPGIMG_2102.JPG

Last edited:

smashdn

Rank I

Contributor III

Franklin, KY, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
New
Hello everyone.

No pictures unfortunately, but I am in the middle of transforming a 1998 K1500 Suburban into an overlanding/hunting rig. Currently have the entire interior pulled out replacing the carpet with vinyl, recovering the seats with vinyl covers for the seats where the leather was trashed. Also the driver's seat base was busted and had to be welded to get it back solid.

Before the Suburban I was using a 2001 Jeep Xj that I had lifted an d gotten to almost where I wanted. I sold it for the Suburban due to needing more space. I have three kids who are getting to be the age where they want to go with so have to have the space to pack the whole fam.

The overland Herbivore

Rank IV

Advocate I

Rushford, Fillmore County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Schwanke
Member #

Hey there!

SE, MN in the driftless area.
Driving a 14 Jeep Wrangler and a 21 Jeep Wrangler.
Have traveled a lot before owning this vehicle pulling an air stream travel trailer. Switched to the single unit in a Jeep with a roof tent for our family of 4 and the occasional 4 legged friend coming along.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone! My name is Shawn. I have been in the over-landing community for a few years now. Both my wife and I drive jeeps her's a 2016 JKU and I a 2016 JK. We greatly enjoy camping and trail riding. Over the past 4 years we have travelled down to Padre Island TX Florida panhandle and Ouray Colorado. Diane and I enjoy jeeping and have a number of trips we are planning. One is the arctic circle in 2023. I am currently working on my overl-land trailer build "more to follow on that latter" and have a few problems to workout. Hope to see you out on the trails! We will be at the Tennessee Trail Jam 2021 Located at Loretta Lynn's campground on the 18th - 20th If you are there come by and say HI! 73!View attachment 201602View attachment 201603
Hello Shawn, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone.

No pictures unfortunately, but I am in the middle of transforming a 1998 K1500 Suburban into an overlanding/hunting rig. Currently have the entire interior pulled out replacing the carpet with vinyl, recovering the seats with vinyl covers for the seats where the leather was trashed. Also the driver's seat base was busted and had to be welded to get it back solid.

Before the Suburban I was using a 2001 Jeep Xj that I had lifted an d gotten to almost where I wanted. I sold it for the Suburban due to needing more space. I have three kids who are getting to be the age where they want to go with so have to have the space to pack the whole fam.
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: smashdn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey there!

Have traveled a lot before owning this vehicle pulling an air stream travel trailer. Switched to the single unit in a Jeep with a roof tent for our family of 4 and the occasional 4 legged friend coming along.
Hello Evan, welcome to Overland Bound.

AceInTheWild

Rank III

Contributor III

Southern California
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Im from Ventura County and I currently drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4. It’s been a dream of mine since 2012 as freshman in college to one day be able to afford my first rig and explore this beautiful country and beyond. I purchased my truck a couple of years ago and slowly been outfitting for overland travel. I hope to run in to some of y’all on the trail one day..

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone!

Im from Ventura County and I currently drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4. It’s been a dream of mine since 2012 as freshman in college to one day be able to afford my first rig and explore this beautiful country and beyond. I purchased my truck a couple of years ago and slowly been outfitting for overland travel. I hope to run in to some of y’all on the trail one day..
Hello Aceinthewild, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: DaleRF and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®
Here is a local meet-up not to far from you.
Lower 805/818 Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @T. Stanley @adventure_is_necessary @Iwata77

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Guess it’s about time for the formal introductions! Hailing from Monmouth Oregon. Currently in the middle of rebuilding and then building up a 1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR. Never rebuilt a motor before so I have some amazing help from a shop over in Bend guiding me (honestly it’s more like me watching and loosening bolts when and where I can). Super excited about this car… been looking for the perfect Montero for 15 years for this build. Hopefully I’ll have a build page here soon!
Love this rig! Nice find! Looking forward to seeing it's progression.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! My name is Shawn. I have been in the over-landing community for a few years now. Both my wife and I drive jeeps her's a 2016 JKU and I a 2016 JK. We greatly enjoy camping and trail riding. Over the past 4 years we have travelled down to Padre Island TX Florida panhandle and Ouray Colorado. Diane and I enjoy jeeping and have a number of trips we are planning. One is the arctic circle in 2023. I am currently working on my overl-land trailer build "more to follow on that latter" and have a few problems to workout. Hope to see you out on the trails! We will be at the Tennessee Trail Jam 2021 Located at Loretta Lynn's campground on the 18th - 20th If you are there come by and say HI! 73!View attachment 201602View attachment 201603
Welcome To Overland Bound Shawn
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Hank Outdoors, great guy and a wealth of knowledge.
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Been camping and dirt road travel for a long time and looking to step up to bigger adventures. Bentonville AR is our current launch pad. Just lifted and put new tires on my truck this week. Picture with kayaks was last months trip in AR.
Hello Bryan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Helloooo all! I'm Nick from Virginia. Originally from up north. Grew up hiking, fishing, tapping trees for maple syrup, and riding four wheelers. Unfortunately I lost touch with all that but hoping to get back in to that, along with something new in a bit of adventure in overlanding.

21 Silverado 1500, working on getting a lift and tires for off road adventures, a good truck rack for carrying supplies, tent, etc. And who knows what else from there. Always open to suggestions or tips for accessories, trails, camp sites or anything!
Hello Nick, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all , been a couple months since I got on here, I don’t remember if I’ve posted yet or not... But I’m Chris, I‘m in Castle Rock, CO. I have an 03 Toyota Sequoia (there is 5 of us), but I also have an 1981 Toyota Trekker that I am building. We just got back from a great trip over Medano Pass here in Colorado and spend some days at the Sand Dunes. That is a great road, and the Dunes are worth some time.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family. I enjoyed my trip over Medano Pass 2 years ago....right up to where the floods had washed out the road. LoL Hope you had better luck.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone! I live in Chesapeake Virginia and am hoping to get out and about with the family. Currently have a 94 E250 that I hope to be a beast overlanding van. It’s a work in progress! In reality my daily driver pickup is the viable and reliable rig for now. I’m looking for an outdoor adventure my family can enjoy. I was born and raised in Alaska and lived for 8 years in Colorado. Lots of experience overlanding “although we didn’t call it that” but have not done it in years. I love the outdoors and since my area isn’t really that great for hiking and camping, I figure making adventure travel a part of our life is a great option. I look forward to meeting some of you and sharing in an adventure or 3.
Hello Sean, welcome to the OB family.

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Chesapeake, Chesapeake city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

Hello everyone! I live in Chesapeake Virginia and am hoping to get out and about with the family. Currently have a 94 E250 that I hope to be a beast overlanding van. It’s a work in progress! In reality my daily driver pickup is the viable and reliable rig for now. I’m looking for an outdoor adventure my family can enjoy. I was born and raised in Alaska and lived for 8 years in Colorado. Lots of experience overlanding “although we didn’t call it that” but have not done it in years. I love the outdoors and since my area isn’t really that great for hiking and camping, I figure making adventure travel a part of our life is a great option. I look forward to meeting some of you and sharing in an adventure or 3.
Hello Sean, welcome to the OB family.
Thank you!

Reactions: Kent R and roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi from Arizona. New to the site and want to learn more. My current vehicle is a 2002 Tacoma. I have used it and built it for trips in my local area. I camp out for a week at a time. Set it up to be comfortable while out exploring.
View attachment 201443
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB family. Gotta say, that's a pretty subtle rig. :wink: