Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello from Eastern Canada

I just recently became a member, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Mike and I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario. I currently daily drive a 2004 Grand Cherokee with a few little modifications (3" lift, rear locker and some all terrains).

Build Thread: http://ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?7416-The-BuBBaDuB-Build

I've been part of an offroad group here in Ottawa for several years and very interested in the Overland aspect of offroading.

View attachment 11216
View attachment 11217
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. You will find a lot of good people and info on this forum.
I used to be in Ottawa quite a bit but we have recently moved my Father-in-law to Halifax so not too many connections to Ottawa now.
If you are thinking about a trip to Atlantic Canada let me know and maybe I can send some thoughts your way.

The water picture....is that a roof top tent? If so, what brand is it?
Cheers,
Jim

Reactions: Winterpeg

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Guess I better introduce myself.
We are Dave and Angela currently based in Cyprus but not for much longer as are prepping for a year long trip exploring Turkey and Europe.
Drive a Land Rover Defender 90 Tomb Raider which is upgraded with 2 inch Lift, Dual Battery System, additional fuel tank, water tank and filtration etc, the list goes on.
We also tow an ex British Army Sankey Wide Track Trailer with Roof Tent and modified by me with 50 litre water tank, electrics, solar charging, high capacity pumps.
Have limited big adventure overlanding experience but have done shorter trips and travelled extensively world wide.
Look forward to making your acqiuntance and hopefully learning more and expanding my experience.
Thanks for having me.14124982_1282927938398355_8777759588361694410_o.jpg

Lane Boatright

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

B
First Name
Lane
Last Name
Boat
Member #

Hi I'm lane, I've been into any kind of 4 wheeling since I could reach the pedals. My first vehicle is a 1988 Dodge RamCharger which is broken down due to timing chain, but my one I intend to use is my 2000 Land Rover disco 2. I ordered my emblems, shirt and stickers yesterday so I'm ready to go!

Moxy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

Brief introduction:

Name: Keith
Location: Nomad. I just purchased a Turtleback and am hitting the road for a crazy trek with unknown conclusion. For all intents and purposes, "home" is a little town called Logan, Utah.
Rig: You can't really call it a "rig". I have a stock 2003 Ram 1500. I plan on keeping it exclusively stock and ending up getting a more off-road capable vehicle to do more fun adventuring with somewhere in the future.
Experience: Just about none. I've got recovery treads and a hi-lift for snow recovery (my truck is only 2WD), but haven't ventured far enough down unbeaten paths to get re-e-e-e-ally stuck yet. That's a dream for the future.

Long story short, I'm in a position to have some fun just about anywhere CONUS and plan on taking advantage of that over the coming years. If you're going on a trip somewhere and would like some company (as long as there's a spare seat for me to hop in your vehicle in places my truck isn't capable of traversing), sign me up!

Keith

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Probably should introduce myself, I am a 17 year old living in So-Cal and exploring around wherever I can! I have a 1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 v8 with 186,000 on the clock and still going strong. I try to overland on a budget and limited time frame, so I haven't gotten out as much as I would like but I am testing the limits of myself and of my vehicle and starting to get out more.

As mentioned my rig is a mostly stock 95' Discovery 1. My modifications so far include brand new Cooper AT3's all round, trimming the front bumper for better approach angles, and adding a front bash plate for recovery points and a bit of protection. While I am perpetually wanting to add more, the Rover had performed admirable in its nearly stock condition (And I think it will make me a better driver taking around a stock rig). My two largest trips so far have been running the Mojave trail with my brothers (Hence my profile picture) and driving through lake Tahoe and Mammoth Lakes visiting the different trails (Laurel lakes, Reward mine, etc). I have taken it through door handle deep water crossings, rock crawling in our local mountains, through the dunes, mud, and snow.

[/URL][/IMG]

BuBBaBO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dunrobin, Ontario Canada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Stillman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3MIK
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. You will find a lot of good people and info on this forum.
I used to be in Ottawa quite a bit but we have recently moved my Father-in-law to Halifax so not too many connections to Ottawa now.
If you are thinking about a trip to Atlantic Canada let me know and maybe I can send some thoughts your way.

The water picture....is that a roof top tent? If so, what brand is it?
Cheers,
Jim
Thank Jim.

Yes, that is a RTT in the water photo. It was a Canadian made RTT that I purchased second hand locally. They were being made in BC in 2009. I cannot locate the website anymore, but it was called a "Skydome"

Mike

Reactions: Jim Newell

E.J.

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
EJ
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6WPP
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've been wheeling for a while. I grew up in the Phoenix area and did a lot of desert trips but I'm in northern California (Sacramento) now and spend as much time as possible in the Sierras. I own a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition. Glad to be here!
Front.JPG

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Hi I'm lane, I've been into any kind of 4 wheeling since I could reach the pedals. My first vehicle is a 1988 Dodge RamCharger which is broken down due to timing chain, but my one I intend to use is my 2000 Land Rover disco 2. I ordered my emblems, shirt and stickers yesterday so I'm ready to go!
Welcome to the Overland Bound family! :smiley:

Reactions: Lane Boatright

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've been wheeling for a while. I grew up in the Phoenix area and did a lot of desert trips but I'm in northern California (Sacramento) now and spend as much time as possible in the Sierras. I own a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition. Glad to be here!
View attachment 11350
There you are. Welcome to OB.

Jim Newell

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Thank Jim.

Yes, that is a RTT in the water photo. It was a Canadian made RTT that I purchased second hand locally. They were being made in BC in 2009. I cannot locate the website anymore, but it was called a "Skydome"

Mike
Mike, thank you for the link. I like the design a lot! Any idea what it weighs in at? It is extremely low profile on the roof.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

• You MUST be an OB Member (badge holder) and have your forum account upgraded to "Member" (you will have a gold banner in your forum profile card that says "Member".
  • If you are not a member with an emblem, Go here: OB Member, then contact us to upgrade your forum account.
  • You can now access the Member Map!
  • In your user drop down menu, edit "Personal Details".

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

View attachment 11350
Sweet another fj and in Sacramento welcome

Reactions: Kelly