freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone! Excited to finally have joined this community!

• I live in Huntington Beach, Ca
• I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TX Baja
• I have been camping my whole life but just started Overlanding about 2 years ago and love it!
Hello Shaun, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,
my name is Guy and I live in Vancouver BC. I have been camping my whole life mostly in southern BC from the island to the rockies, and have previously been an off roader with a 2008 Xterra Offroad Edition. Currently I drive a 1999 Honda CR-V.

Looking forward to giving and receiving tips on making the experience a load of fun.
Hello Guy, welcome to Overland Bound.

Ozarkian

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greenwood, AR, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
Mcgrath
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5OEA
Hey Ya'll! New to the forums, but not new to "off-roading and camping", which I guess is what people called it before the marketing campaigns? :smile:

We are from Greenwood, Arkansas, but we have been all over.

Many years ago my wife and I bought a (I think it was a 2002?) LR Disco 2 and decked it all out and joined a Rover club, exploring all over. I will say that that segment seemed to be into the whole "overlanding" thing before the times. Everyone wanted a Camel Trophy rig! I think some even had some early rooftop tents back then. I miss the Disco but not the constant electrical problems.

Today we have a 2008 JKU Rubi on 37's, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro. The latter mainly carries the kids to various kid-related things, and the occasional pot hole or tall curb at the mall. We usually take the Jeep if there is any chance of things getting hairy.

We are excited to find new folks and families to go out into the woods with, as well as new ideas for places to check out or mods to make. Thanks for having us!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Ya'll! New to the forums, but not new to "off-roading and camping", which I guess is what people called it before the marketing campaigns? :smile:

Many years ago my wife and I bought a (I think it was a 2002?) LR Disco 2 and decked it all out and joined a Rover club, exploring all over. I will say that that segment seemed to be into the whole "overlanding" thing before the times. Everyone wanted a Camel Trophy rig! I think some even had some early rooftop tents back then. I miss the Disco but not the constant electrical problems.

Today we have a 2008 JKU Rubi on 37's, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro. The latter mainly carries the kids to various kid-related things, and the occasional pot hole or tall curb at the mall. We usually take the Jeep if there is any chance of things getting hairy.

We are excited to find new folks and families to go out into the woods with, as well as new ideas for places to check out or mods to make. Thanks for having us!
Hello Bryant, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Ozarkian and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Rig:2017 jeep renegade Deserthawk. 
Exp: camping my whole life. Alt traveled the whole United State. Now doing it all w/wife and kids. 
Steffen
Welcome to Overland Bound Steffen
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative in AR is @BlueLineOverland
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Reactions: Ozarkian

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1)

2) Colorado
3) 2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
4) Novice for overlanding, but I use to have a 1985 4runner that I wheeled a ton. This rig is more for exploration of ghost towns, camping, and photography.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Welcome!!!!! Right down the road from my hometown of Booneville. If you need anything don't hesitate to shoot me a message. My name is Mason and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
my name is Guy and I live in Vancouver BC. I have been camping my whole life mostly in southern BC from the island to the rockies, and have previously been an off roader with a 2008 Xterra Offroad Edition. Currently I drive a 1999 Honda CR-V.

Looking forward to giving and receiving tips on making the experience a load of fun.
Welcome to Overland Bound Guy
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Ozarkian

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
1)

2) Colorado
4) Novice for overlanding, but I use to have a 1985 4runner that I wheeled a ton. This rig is more for exploration of ghost towns, camping, and photography.
Welcome, Brandon.

If you're anywhere near Buena Vista, come see us this weekend at the June Jam Rally Point.

Reactions: 5280Ranger

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Excited to finally have joined this community!

• I live in Huntington Beach, Ca
• I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TX Baja
• I have been camping my whole life but just started Overlanding about 2 years ago and love it!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: evidentoutdoor

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

1)

2) Colorado
Welcome To the community Brandon! We are just hitting our peak season so keep an eye out on Rally Point for meet-ups, trail runs and camping trips. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or just to chat :) Look forward to seeing you and your Ranger out on the trails!

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Welcome, Brandon.

If you're anywhere near Buena Vista, come see us this weekend at the June Jam Rally Point.
I saw that but, unfortunately, I am too far away for this trip. Looks like it's going to be fun!

Welcome To the community Brandon! We are just hitting our peak season so keep an eye out on Rally Point for meet-ups, trail runs and camping trips. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or just to chat :) Look forward to seeing you and your Ranger out on the trails!

Will do! I am itching to get out.

Reactions: Kent R and Iridium

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

2) Colorado
Welcome Brandon!
Where in Colorado are you based at? We really need a Ranger in our group, glad to have you on board.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from NE Oklahoma Bryant!

Reactions: Ozarkian and Kent R

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

2) Colorado
Welcome Brandon!
Where in Colorado are you based at? We really need a Ranger in our group, glad to have you on board.
I’m in Denver, basically. I’m down. It’s stock right now, but I’m ordering skids tomorrow. Sliders are next. Where are y’all at?