First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey there Overland Bound Community,

Just joined and am definitely looking forward to learning more about overlanding and enjoying it.

Rig: 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
Experience: Novice in Overlanding, but avid hiker/camper/backpacker

I would upload a picture of my rig, but it's just basic right now. Eagerly waiting for the mods I ordered to arrive.
Hello Kyle, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Just joined and am definitely looking forward to learning more about overlanding and enjoying it.

I would upload a picture of my rig, but it's just basic right now. Eagerly waiting for the mods I ordered to arrive.
Hello Kyle, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys,
My name is Patricio, from Santiago, Chile.
My rig is a 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX (J120), I think in the US this model doesn’t exists but maybe you know it as a Lexus GX470. I have it since 8 months now, and I’m really happy with it.
My last rig was a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited (RIP) until last year (13 years with me). I had a lot of great experiences with it, but the engine and the crappy 42RLE gear box past away with no mercy.
I hope I can help others with my experience.
Oh, and I finally got my badge today :)
Welcome to Overland Bound Patricio
There are a few other members in Santiago, you can use the member map to get intouch with them.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me. @Kent R

Hoot1228

Rank II

Contributor III

Colmesneil, Tyler County, Texas, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Drawhorn
Member #

Hey Paul Drawhorn here from southeast Texas! My wife and I are recently retired and are going try out overlanding in my new 2020 Gladiator and Smittybilt RTT on a trip to Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. I’m hoping to get my wife hooked! I hope I can learn to use this forum too! I’m sure I’ll be calling for help. Lol

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I am a newbie from southwest Michigan.
I just retired and want to learn about overlanding.
Got myself a 2021 Landie Defender X 110 and,
to break it in, will drive it to California and back to
Michigan this June-July. If it does not fall apart,
I will then start overlanding.
Welcome Gus to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Paul Drawhorn here from southeast Texas! My wife and I are recently retired and are going try out overlanding in my new 2020 Gladiator and Smittybilt RTT on a trip to Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. I’m hoping to get my wife hooked! I hope I can learn to use this forum too! I’m sure I’ll be calling for help. Lol
Hello Paul (@Hoot1228), welcome from Georgetown. There's lots of friendly, knowledgeable people here who can help you out with pretty much anything you need. Yellowstone is on our list of places to visit as well.

I am the SW Region Member Rep for TX. Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.
Also, if you are in the area, we have a Central Texas monthly meet in Round Rock on the 1st Sat of each month. We'd enjoy seeing you there.

@Prerunner1982 (OK) & @freak4life (AZ) are also part of the SW Region Member Rep team and @Iwata77 is a multi-region member rep covering TX, OK, MO, AR, and KS.

If you have any questions, please let one of us know.

Hoot1228

Rank II

Contributor III

Colmesneil, Tyler County, Texas, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Drawhorn
Member #

Hello Paul (@Hoot1228), welcome from Georgetown. There's lots of friendly, knowledgeable people here who can help you out with pretty much anything you need. Yellowstone is on our list of places to visit as well.

I am the SW Region Member Rep for TX. Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.
Also, if you are in the area, we have a Central Texas monthly meet in Round Rock on the 1st Sat of each month. We'd enjoy seeing you there.

@Prerunner1982 (OK) & @freak4life (AZ) are also part of the SW Region Member Rep team and @Iwata77 is a multi-region member rep covering TX, OK, MO, AR, and KS.

If you have any questions, please let one of us know.
Thanks for your reply, I’ll try to make one of the meetings in Round Rock if possible. I’ll also visit the sub group.
Thanks again

Reactions: Kent R and roots66

Rctonnie

Rank III

Member III

Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Tonnies
Member #

Hi everyone!
I’m Robert from Lawrence Kansas. My family (wife, 4 year old, 5 month old, and lab pup) have been primitive camping around Kansas since the pandemic. We are so excited to extend our journeys beyond this beautiful state. We’ve slated a 19 day trip to New Orleans and down to Miami, dotted w visits to friends and hopefully some adventurous camping.
We just sold our 2015 CRV which rocked in the car camping for us, and we’ve upgraded to a 2021 SR5 4Runner. Photo included is the beginning of a DIY shelf system. :)
I’m really looking forward to connecting with others, sharing and learning, and becoming more ready for the wild family adventure this summer.
Thank you!

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone!
I’m Robert from Lawrence Kansas. My family (wife, 4 year old, 5 month old, and lab pup) have been primitive camping around Kansas since the pandemic. We are so excited to extend our journeys beyond this beautiful state. We’ve slated a 19 day trip to New Orleans and down to Miami, dotted w visits to friends and hopefully some adventurous camping.
We just sold our 2015 CRV which rocked in the car camping for us, and we’ve upgraded to a 2021 SR5 4Runner. Photo included is the beginning of a DIY shelf system. :)
I’m really looking forward to connecting with others, sharing and learning, and becoming more ready for the wild family adventure this summer.
Thank you!
Welcome Robert to the OB family.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi everyone!
Thank you!
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello William (@Bemenecker ), welcome from Oklahoma. You are in a pretty good spot with mountains and National Forest nearby.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have meet ups in the SA area so keep an eye out for the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

Name ---- Zack Cissner
Location--- Chico Wa
Vehicles---Black truck--1984 FJ60 Landcruiser, currently doing a diesel swap
Blue truck--- 1991 HDJ81 Landcruiser, factory 3x and turbodiesel
Overlanding experience--- I would say moderate, The trucks dont get out enough, maybe 6k miles of camping trips in 7 years

View attachment 200281View attachment 200282
Welcome!

Nice Landcruisers!

jvilla1971

Rank III

Contributor III

La Quinta, CA, USA
First Name
joey
Last Name
villa
Member #

Hi everyone,
I am Joey from La Quinta, CA. I have been camping and enjoying the great outdoors my whole life, but I am new to the overland experience. My last two vehicles have been a 2006 and 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I had plenty of fun with both trucks, but my wife says I am too old to be in a Tacoma. Now I have 2021 4runner. I look forward to building this 4runner up and learning as much as possible from the Overland Bound community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I am a newbie from southwest Michigan.
I just retired and want to learn about overlanding.
Got myself a 2021 Landie Defender X 110 and,
to break it in, will drive it to California and back to
Michigan this June-July. If it does not fall apart,
I will then start overlanding.
Hello Gus, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone!
Thank you!
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound.