Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

Phil and fam here.

Elk Grove, California(Sacramento area)

Camped my whole life, mostly tame though. Some wild, some boondocking. 4 wheels and 2 wheels. New to overlanding.

Don't have my rig yet, it's still being finished in factory. 5th gen 4runner Off-road. So our real overlanding adventures are yet to start. Been packing up the wagon and going tame camping for years.

See some of you all on the trails soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound Phil and Family
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
The local meet-ups are;
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Jeremy,
I'm Inthewoods (Steve)
I hold monthly meeting in Visalia CA and take trips every month. I to have a full size Dodge Ram 2500 currently in Clovis at Extreme 4x4 having 4.88 gears and a Detroit locker installed. I hope to get my truck today.
We are having a meeting tomorrow at Sportsman warehouse in Visalia, information is in the Rally point. We taking a trip to Monache Meadows in a few weeks, your welcome to join if you want. I have a YouTube channel if interested.
Adventures inthewoods (inthewoods all one word)
I winter camp alot of Fresno and going up there soon.

Feel free to pm me.
Ah Hah.... I found your reply... this forum is a bit tricky to navigate, but I'm sure I will get used to it... Was Awesome to meet you yesterday... look forward to the adventures we find.... talk to you soon

Reactions: Michael and Kent R

Roving_mom

Rank III

Contributor III

Toutle, Skamania County, Washington, United States
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Derbes
Member #

Hi all! I’m Melanie. My travel buddies and I (hubby, little kiddo, and doggo) love making awesome family memories together. We have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 and we’re largely the budget/DIYer types. We live in southwest Washington and love to explore the vast natural beauty of the PNW. We have some camping experience but we’re starting to step up our game with some added gear to take us into colder months and longer trips.

Attachments

PetersonFamilyAdventures

Rank III
Investor

Contributor III

Hill AFB, Davis County, Utah, United States
First Name
Corbyn
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hey, new members here! My wife and I have followed Overland Bound for years now, and are finally joining since we bought our first 4x4 vehicle. We are extremely excited to get to know people who are a part of this community and hopefully learn all about overlanding.

Experience: Novice
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee, nicknamed Blue Beetle
My name: Corbyn
Wife's name: Christina

My wife and I, along with our two boys, and doggo love the outdoors and are eager to get out and explore!

Attachments

Pathfinder II

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Rachel
Last Name
Clements
Member #

Hi! We are a little family located in Alberta Canada. My name is Rachel and with my husband Brent and our son Wesley we just started overlanding. We own a 2002 Toyota 4runner and recently started adding our own things to it. We are excited to meet others in our area and continue our outdoor adventures.

Fishhippie

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Thad
Last Name
Robison
Member #

Hello OB Community! Been a stalker for a while and finally decided to go full send. Im an adventure fly fishing film maker/guide/host by trade. Did my first overlanding expedition in 94 driving and exploring Tierra del Fuego for a month. It's been non stop ever since. Ive been fortunate to drive and explore across Mongolia, NT Australia, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, and South America. Greatest memory though is converting a 1996 Ford F250 to run on used vegetable oil and driving with my crew from Portland OR to Peru, the goal was to make it all the way to Ushuaia but we broke down south of Trujillo a few years back and havent been able to complete the expedition. Hoping to change that in the near future. I've got a couple of photos of the F2Veggi below.
If anyone is interested in watching that expedition unfold from the rig build to the adventure through Mexico the full length feature is free to watch on YouTube
The greatest part of overlanding for me is the journey, not the destination as I have experienced so many times by getting to know learn and grow by meeting the local people in the communities.

Currently Im residing in SLC Utah and rollin a 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road nick named Ginger that I am in the process of slowly building into my ideal Fly Fishing Overland rig. Spending a lot of time currently overlanding in the Utah West Desert, Western Nevada and the Sawtooths in Idaho.
Ive already gained a lot of information her on OB, such a great resource. Thanks to the peeps who hatched this great site. Looking forward to becoming a part of this great community.

Attachments

14Frontierwheeler

Rank II

Contributor III

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Maier
Member #

Hey there! My names is James, I currently live in the PNW. But I'm soon to move to Las Vegas, nevada. I drive a 14 frontier on OME rear leaf pack for 3 inches. And Radflo coilovera up front for 2.5 but I need just alittle more up front lol. Anyway. I love wheeling and camping in my setup. It's amazing. Any questions let me know. Im always willing to help and give advice!

Attachments

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
I’m a French guy living in Germany near Frankfurt.
My wife and I bought a VW California 4 years ago. We love it. It is 4 WD, with a lift kit that make it very capable to drive off-road.
We drove already very nice trip to the Baltic Lands in summer, and twice in Winter to the artic circle in Sweden and Norway to the northern cape of Europe: Amazing
My dream: coming to America and drive the West states from Utah to Oregon, than British Columbia and back through Canada to Halifax to get the Ship back to Europe.
Preparing the trip is already amazing and I am glad to be a member in Overland Bound to learn from your experience.
And maybe we can be some help to someone who want to travel in Europe
Bye
Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all! I’m Melanie. My travel buddies and I (hubby, little kiddo, and doggo) love making awesome family memories together. We have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 and we’re largely the budget/DIYer types. We live in southwest Washington and love to explore the vast natural beauty of the PNW. We have some camping experience but we’re starting to step up our game with some added gear to take us into colder months and longer trips.
Hello Melanie, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey, new members here! My wife and I have followed Overland Bound for years now, and are finally joining since we bought our first 4x4 vehicle. We are extremely excited to get to know people who are a part of this community and hopefully learn all about overlanding.

Experience: Novice
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee, nicknamed Blue Beetle
My name: Corbyn
Wife's name: Christina

My wife and I, along with our two boys, and doggo love the outdoors and are eager to get out and explore!
Hello Corbyn, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi! We are a little family located in Alberta Canada. My name is Rachel and with my husband Brent and our son Wesley we just started overlanding. We own a 2002 Toyota 4runner and recently started adding our own things to it. We are excited to meet others in our area and continue our outdoor adventures.
Hello Rachel, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello OB Community! Been a stalker for a while and finally decided to go full send. Im an adventure fly fishing film maker/guide/host by trade. Did my first overlanding expedition in 94 driving and exploring Tierra del Fuego for a month. It's been non stop ever since. Ive been fortunate to drive and explore across Mongolia, NT Australia, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, and South America. Greatest memory though is converting a 1996 Ford F250 to run on used vegetable oil and driving with my crew from Portland OR to Peru, the goal was to make it all the way to Ushuaia but we broke down south of Trujillo a few years back and havent been able to complete the expedition. Hoping to change that in the near future. I've got a couple of photos of the F2Veggi below.
If anyone is interested in watching that expedition unfold from the rig build to the adventure through Mexico the full length feature is free to watch on YouTube
The greatest part of overlanding for me is the journey, not the destination as I have experienced so many times by getting to know learn and grow by meeting the local people in the communities.

Currently Im residing in SLC Utah and rollin a 2017 Toyota Tacoma Off Road nick named Ginger that I am in the process of slowly building into my ideal Fly Fishing Overland rig. Spending a lot of time currently overlanding in the Utah West Desert, Western Nevada and the Sawtooths in Idaho.
Ive already gained a lot of information her on OB, such a great resource. Thanks to the peeps who hatched this great site. Looking forward to becoming a part of this great community.
Hello Thad, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey there! My names is James, I currently live in the PNW. But I'm soon to move to Las Vegas, nevada. I drive a 14 frontier on OME rear leaf pack for 3 inches. And Radflo coilovera up front for 2.5 but I need just alittle more up front lol. Anyway. I love wheeling and camping in my setup. It's amazing. Any questions let me know. Im always willing to help and give advice!
Hello James, welcome to Overland Bound.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

New to Overland Bound, I’m running a 2020 Gladiator. I’m located in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area. I have 0 experience, all I know is I love getting my Jeep dirty and my family loves camping. Looking forward to meeting other enthusiast in the area and getting all the tips possible.
Welcome Cain! Nice rig.