Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Hi maximgp!

Also ex infantryman!

1 queens.... a long long time ago now!

Lots of veterans in the group..

We have a meet coming up soon in Leicestershire so watch out for notices!

Reactions: Kent R and Maximgp

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
what’s up everyone? New to this forum. I’ve been camping my whole life, and off roading Off and on since high school. Never got too heavily in to it because surfing and mtb took up most of my time. My wife and I haven’t done much camping the last few years because of babies. At a point now where we want to get back into it, especially in remote, difficult to access areas. I have an 02 dcsb Tacoma. I bought it my senior Year of high school, 14 years ago. It recently has been retired as a daily driver and is being built up as a capable off road rig. This picture is before mods started, but I’m horrible at taking progress photos. View attachment 195941View attachment 195941
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone this is Tony and I’m in South East Arizona. I’m driving a 2015 gen 2 Tacoma. New to overlanding. Grew up in the wilderness though.... hiking, hunting, camping, fishing.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tony
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Reactions: GreenLine74

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I've been overlanding for a few years now but still feel brand new to it! I moved to Colorado last year and excited to get out and explore and hopefully meet up with some of you. I drive a quicksand 4Runner TRD pro that is currently undergoing a lot of upgrades. Here's an old pic of the rig on White Rim.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am a new member to the overland community. I am located in the Pittsburgh, PA area since 2013. Before 2013 We lived in Pretoria South Africa. Work brought me and my family to the USA and we liked it so much that we decided to stay permanently. I am still in the process to build up my rig. Currently I have a 2017 Ford Explorer with a Conqueror UEV 390 off road trailer. I have a Bronco Wildtrack on order and expect to get it by fall this year. I am new to Overlanding in North America and have been looking forward to it for a long time. We have experience in Overlanding (Safari) in Southern Africa where I used to have a Land Rover Defender 110 with a Echo 3 off road trailer. Thank you for the opportunity to join this community. I am looking forward to get actively involved and looking for meetups and rallies in Western Pennsylvania.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, new to the forum but not off-roading and camping. Looking to build the Trail Boss in to my overlanding base camp and use the Wrangler to run the harder trails. Located in Eastern Kansas and enjoy the trails in Colorado, Missouri and Arkansas.

John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 @adventure_is_necessary @T. Stanley
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks, just found the sight. I built a teardrop style trailer last year and now I'm thinking about building an overland trailer. I really like the look of the Teton X Hybrid, the tilt up ceiling seems like a great solution to give some interior privacy for showering or a bathroom.

My son is doing college remotely this year because of COVID so he "borrowed" my teardrop and our new Subaru to explore the country (lucky dog). He's been on the road about 80 days now, currently in Durango CO. Still wants to get to the west coast and Yellowstone, not much time left as I want my trailer back by the middle of July.

DavidView attachment 195872
Welcome to Overland Bound David
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. New to the forum. Big fan of Lifestyle Overland.

I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR.

I have a lot of camping and car camping experience, a fair amount of offroading experience.

I am located in the Northwest a little south of Seatte.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. View attachment 195813Jerome from upstate NY.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sup guys.. my name is nate, im from dallas texas currently living in bedford. I run my own aauto repair business. My rig is a gmc sierra duramax. Do alot of hunting and fishing, looking to get into overlanding. Me and the wife have set a goal to try and hit parks across the country. Im excited to be apart of the forum and look forward to meeting up with you guys and learn a thing or two
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 (Stock at this time)
Previous Vehicle: 1998 Jeep XJ (Not Stock)
Overland Experience: Novice
So it started out with the jeep to get to the cabin in the Mendocino National Forest. Sold that and got the Colorado, Lost the Cabin in the 2020 Fires. Now I’m looking to get out and find more adventures out in nature. May find some Fly Fishing in there too. (Plan to rebuild cabin at some point.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all--I'm Bryan; I actually made an account a few years ago and forgot about it. Finally registered to become an OB member and wanted to become a bit more active to see what might be going on in my area and see what I can learn from others on the board. Located in DFW, TX; more to the northeast of Dallas near Richardson. Started to get back into camping and specifically vehicle based exploration about 5 years ago when I bought a 4th gen 4Runner; it really ignited a passion I didn't know I had. My wife and I are trying to make it a goal to visit every national park and see the beauty and diversity of this country (though I know a lot of them we won't be wanting to drive to). The 4Runner that started it all just got sold last week to make room for a new build on my 200 series Land Cruiser which we picked up at the beginning of the month. Look forward to being here!

Welcome to Overland Bound Bryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative for DFW meet-up info is @Prerunner1982.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!
John Fortney from NE Missouri. I am a superintendent and have been exploring out of our Ford Explorer, but will be transitioning to a Suboverland Rig, 1994 GMC Suburban. We pick it up in Idaho at the end of May! I can't wait to post pictures of my new ride!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From UP of Michigan
1999 4runner and 1992 yj
Novice for sure!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw @Ohio Valley Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

Team4M

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martell
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Tony
Looks like you are off to a good start with your build, have fun.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Many Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi, my name is Brian and I'm around the La Mirada area in California. I'm just barley getting into Overlanding with my only two trips being in Arizona and Alabama Hills. I have done a good amount of rock crawling before that. I drive a 2018 Hellayella Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Glad to be a part of the forums look forward to learning more about overlanding.
Welcome Brian!

Maximgp

Rank I

Contributor III

Norfolk, UK
First Name
Maxim
Last Name
Garford-Palmer
Hi maximgp!

Also ex infantryman!

1 queens.... a long long time ago now!

Lots of veterans in the group..

We have a meet coming up soon in Leicestershire so watch out for notices!
Viking here, I figured there would be a fair few to be honest. if I am free ill be there.
heres a picture of something stupid.DSC_1873.JPG

Maximgp

Rank I

Contributor III

Norfolk, UK
First Name
Maxim
Last Name
Garford-Palmer
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.
thank you for the warm welcome.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello all, new to the forum but not off-roading and camping. Looking to build the Trail Boss in to my overlanding base camp and use the Wrangler to run the harder trails. Located in Eastern Kansas and enjoy the trails in Colorado, Missouri and Arkansas.

John
Hi John, welcome to the OB crew and it is good to see another Kansas join us. My name is Tim Stanley and I am one of the KS area reps so if you need anything please don’t hesitate to reach out, we are here to help any way we can.