Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all Frank here. Along with my wife Eileen and son Declan. I am new to the overlanding but fairly experienced in off-roading owning multiple Jeeps in the past. Love getting the family outdoors and going camping. We currently have a 2020 Subaru Outback and plan on starting to outfit it. We live in the Orlando Florida area. Look forward to meeting new friends in this exciting community.
Welcome To Overland Bound Frank, Eileen & Declan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael,

Member 26927

2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

So far she has steel front and rear bumpers. On order now is a roof rack for my tent I have.

Novice to Overlanding, but eager to learn and explore.
Welcome To Overland Bound Michael
Have fun with your build, remember that JEEP Stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
I’ve been a long-time visitor and have gained a ton of knowledge from the members on this site (and the great video content on YouTube!).
My name is Tony (Team4M) from the Tampa Bay Area and although free time is rare, I love to spend it outdoors.

I’m constantly evolving my rig (2016 Tundra) to meet the needs of our family.
As she sits today;
- Bilstein 6112/5160 suspension
- 34.8” Ridge Grapplers
- basic recovery gear, comms, & goodies

On order
- CBI overland bars
- Smittybuilt Overlander RTT

Future plans
- 18” Method or Fuel wheels
- 35x12.5’s
- Steel bumper & winch
- sliders & armor
- a whole bunch of cool stuff I’ll find here..

I got into overlanding because I spent a lot of time backpacking and always enjoyed going “a little farther out” and have always admired old land cruisers. Two summers ago, I rented a fully kitted out 4Runner and spent 5 days in the Colorado backcountry with my oldest son and immediately started shopping for a platform to build on. Since then we’ve done more camping than overlanding but have a few cool adventures on the horizon.
Just got back from a few days on the Georgia traverse and we’re doing a 2-week trek up through Tennessee & Kentucky with Drummond Island Michigan as the final destination. Hoping to get to cape lookout national seashore in the early fall as well.
I hope to learn a bunch and contribute what I can to this great community. Thanks all!
T
Welcome To Overland Bound Tony
Looks like you are off to a good start with your build, have fun.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! I'm new to overlanding but excited to learn and try something new this summer. I've watched way too many overlanding videos and now I'm itching to get out there.

Vehicle: 2019 Honda Passport
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is Scott and I am new to this overland thing, but not new to being in the outdoors. I am excited to get my adventure going!
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 196189

- Central California
- currently have a 15 Honda CR-V, 14 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback, 13 Trek FX, Emotion Kayak (from Costco)
- used to have an 04 Tacoma TRD, 14 Harley-Davidson XL1200T SuperLow
- Experienced Novice, approaching Intermediate.

Although my experience isn't very typical, I've done a few long distance motorcycle trips solo, with friends, and large groups that included camping, KOAs, and hotels. I've also done a fair amount of long distance driving across the states via motels or couch surfing back in my twenties. And I've relied on a bicycle to get me to and from trains, buses, and ferries on my old 2.5 hour commute into San Francisco. Now I mainly load up the kayaks and head up to the lake with the family for beach access, camping trips, or lightweight baja style on hardpan where I can. I used to own a 2004 Tacoma TRD and have some off-road experience in dunes but am now awaiting a Bronco on reserve but it won't be here until 2022.

I'm trading in the motorcycle trips for more family-friendly adventures and am glad to have found this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Central Valley @TOMB
@Inthewoods is the organizer of the local meet-up, just use this link to message him.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! - Coming Soon! -
2) Location: Redwood City
3) Rig: 2021 Tundra
4) Overlanding Experience Background: been doing it amateurishly for years to rockhound or just get "away" but never called it "overlanding". Had kids, took a little hiatus, came back and found alllll kinds of fun folks and new gear and we're really excited to be back on the trail!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi
I am from Happy Valley Oregon and I am building my 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ for over landing. I want to build a expedition trailer out of a MJ bees that matches my XJ - I have gone through this thing after buying it from an old couple - she only has 118k miles - new long arm suspension - all new or restored interior - just installed new JCR bumper with many new parts coming - hope to hook up and get out this year - Ron
Good looking rig!
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
I live in the Southbay area of SoCal. I just purchased a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro. I plan to keep it as stock as possible. I enjoy camping and hiking and hope to get to more challenging places that I didn't want to take my 2010 Honda Pilot 4WD. Our first trip last week was to Death Valley, where we did Titus Canyon and the Racetrack, camping overnight at Homestake Dry Camp. Planning on trying some beginner trails (Berdoo Canyon, Old Dale Road, Cleghorn, etc) to get offroad driving skills.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Woody (AKA BigH2OChief) is finally on the Net.... long time forum cruiser and have been feeling guilty for not being a Member Supporter. The volume of information found here and the capability this platform provides deserves support, so this morning I finally joined.

I’ve been building and running ‘overlanders’ long before it was vogue. In 87’ a fellow Teammate and I rebuilt a US Mail Jeep and dragged a military trailer from Santa Rosa, CA. to the tip of Baja and back. In 89’ we dropped a 302 into a 69’ Toyota FJ and rolled the Rubicon for a few years (till the wheels literally fell off). Since then, I have built a Bronco, Hummer H3 and a couple F150s. If you see a pattern here, you are correct… I have a preference for full figured machines.

Prior to 2020, my focus has been knocking off the Ring of Fire stratovolcanoes. Unfortunately, due to health reasons my alpine climbing days sadly are over. So being in a rig in the outback is the next best solution. Fortunately, in 2021 my work world has also put me in a good position to focus on my overlanding passion.

Last summer I snagged another Ford F-150... this time a 13’ Raptor SVT for a 'trip in planning’. A few Veterans and I have a CONOPS to do parts of the northern Pan-American in 2022 (San Diego, CA. to Dead Horse and back). I've done 'the Dalton' twice before (work related) and eager to run the Haul Road again. There are three of us so far...

Look forward to meeting more like-minded folks with an appreciation for all things overlanding.

~ Woody (AKA BigH2OChief)

View attachment 196070
Welcome to Overland Bound Woody.
Thanks for your service and also being so active on the forum.
Good looking rig.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Jesse. Retired and new to Overlanding. I live in Central Washington state. I've been a Nomad for awhile but after watching some YouTube videos have decided I want to give Overlanding a try. Not really into 4x off roading like some I just want to see new places and have new experiences while I can still enjoy it. I currently own a 96 Ford F350 long bed, standard cab with a 5.8l with a C6 automatic two wheel drive. May not be the ideal rig for doing this, but for now I'm going to work with what I've got. Rig has high miles but mechanically in pretty good shape. I will probably replace it within a couple of years and get something a little newer with lower miles. The only thing that makes me feel a little nervous with some of the places I'd like to go is my age. I'm 68. I'm thinking I'd like to try the PanAmerican highway in a year or two. Am I being crazy to even consider it at my age? Probably, but even if I am being crazy I'll probably try it anyway. LOL I obviously have a lot to learn, but I've always enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. I spent almost twenty years driving truck interstate, racking up almost 2 million miles along the way.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jesse
Your just a kid at 68, just do it.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Everyone, I am excited to be a part of this group and look forward to meeting new friends.

I am out of Peoria, AZ, so we have plenty of fantastic desert jails to run on (and get lost on as well).

Pictured is my rig, the “Kryptonian”. A 2020 Wrangler Rubicon. I have always been a huge Superman fan. So, when I saw this color offering, I knew it was just perfect for making my themed jeep, and so far, it has not failed to perform. Still a lot to do,, but it works for now.

My pure ‘overlanding’ experience is rather limited, but as an Eagle Scout and a 20-year Army veteran, I have a fairly good range of field and adventuring experience that I would love to share.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone and meeting everyone.
Good looking color for the JL
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Excited to get back into exploring and camping. I spent months each summer while growing up driving from one corner of the country to the other with my family in a small camper, or with just my dad and in the back of a conversion van.

Now that I have the time, money and a family of my own I’m excited to get out on (and off) the road again to see the country.

Weapon of choice for starting these adventures is my Jeep Gladiator, outfitted with a OVS Nomadic 3 RTT and a bunch of gear in desperate need of a shakedown. Look forward to learning from you all.
The Gladiator is a great platform.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I’m Nate, based out of the Southern California area. I am currently building a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and 2007 Fleetwood E1 to be the family adventure-mobiles. My off-roading experience is intermediate, and I have been a tent camper all my life, so I’m still adjusting to the trailer. Glad to be here and have the Overland Bound community as a resource.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Reactions: Contour5

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody! My name is Wayne, I’m a fire fighter in Oklahoma. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma. All of my Overlanding experience is in the Military. LOL Looking forward to having adventures with family and meeting new friends. See you on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound Wayne.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, new to the forum and overlanding. However I'm far from new to the world of off road and building capable vehicles. Just picked up a pretty clean 78 Bronco ranger xlt which I will be building as my overlanding rig, I am beyond excited to get it up and running so I can get out there and start having adventures and meeting new and interesting folks in the community.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Hi maximgp!

Also ex infantryman!

1 queens.... a long long time ago now!

Lots of veterans in the group..

We have a meet coming up soon in Leicestershire so watch out for notices!

Reactions: Kent R and Maximgp

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
what’s up everyone? New to this forum. I’ve been camping my whole life, and off roading Off and on since high school. Never got too heavily in to it because surfing and mtb took up most of my time. My wife and I haven’t done much camping the last few years because of babies. At a point now where we want to get back into it, especially in remote, difficult to access areas. I have an 02 dcsb Tacoma. I bought it my senior Year of high school, 14 years ago. It recently has been retired as a daily driver and is being built up as a capable off road rig. This picture is before mods started, but I’m horrible at taking progress photos. View attachment 195941View attachment 195941
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone this is Tony and I’m in South East Arizona. I’m driving a 2015 gen 2 Tacoma. New to overlanding. Grew up in the wilderness though.... hiking, hunting, camping, fishing.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tony
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life

Reactions: GreenLine74

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I've been overlanding for a few years now but still feel brand new to it! I moved to Colorado last year and excited to get out and explore and hopefully meet up with some of you. I drive a quicksand 4Runner TRD pro that is currently undergoing a lot of upgrades. Here's an old pic of the rig on White Rim.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.