solidus365

Rank 0

Contributor I

Athens, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Snow
Hey everyone! I had posted once but I just saw this thread so I'll give a little more info about me and my truck, ect. I'm Jeff and I'm from Northeast PA. I've done a fair bit of off roading when I lived in North Carolina. We would hit up the various powerline clearings and tank trails on base to put our trucks/jeeps through the paces in the mud pits down there. Always was a good time! Being from up North, and my job in the natural gas industry, I also have quite a bit of experience driving in heavy snow and recovering vehicles from ditches.

Last week I traded in my '18 Escape for a brand new Ford Ranger Sport. Super stoked about this truck! My main goal for it will be to outfit it with a moderate lift and whatever I need for extended off grid trips. It's completely stock so the first step is to get it Line-x'd and get some storage installed for emergency gear/supplies. I'm into preparedness as well so this is an extension of that hobby. Honestly I'm very impressed with the power and handling this truck has and looking forward to having it for a long time. I'm here to learn, gather information and share my own experience, so thank you in advance to all the more experienced overlanders here.

IMG_20210504_185215103.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 197041View attachment 197042
Hello! My name is Tim and this is Hrafna, my gorgeous 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. We have been bonded together here in Lake Oswego, OR for a little over a year.The first 6 months were spent with her tolerating my debutante foray into automotive technology,. The latter 6 months we spent tooling around forest service roads and dry lake playa in the beautiful PNW. I was drawn to overlanding through my deep desire for isolation in the wilderness, my Mazda 3 took a pounding getting me to trailheads for backpacking trips. In a search for an "adventure rig" I stumbled on the overlanding community and was immediately enthralled. I am excited to learn from you all, and expand my skills and capabilities. Thank you Mike, for creating truly awesome resource!
Hello Timothy, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello OB Community,

My name is Luis and I look forward to connecting with fellow Overlanders and adventurist.

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA
3) Rig: 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO. VK56DE swapped and multiple mods.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: USMC Vet experienced in convoy operations and logistics. Started off-roading about 20 years ago with multiple trips to the Baja races. No stranger to adventure :)

View attachment 197058
Hello Luis, welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service.

Contributor I

Arizona/Washington
First Name
TR
Last Name
Mahaffey
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks Mike,
I'll definitely be in touch when I've purchased my rig.
Terry

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
Hello Maxim, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Maximgp and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone! I had posted once but I just saw this thread so I'll give a little more info about me and my truck, ect. I'm Jeff and I'm from Northeast PA. I've done a fair bit of off roading when I lived in North Carolina. We would hit up the various powerline clearings and tank trails on base to put our trucks/jeeps through the paces in the mud pits down there. Always was a good time! Being from up North, and my job in the natural gas industry, I also have quite a bit of experience driving in heavy snow and recovering vehicles from ditches.

Last week I traded in my '18 Escape for a brand new Ford Ranger Sport. Super stoked about this truck! My main goal for it will be to outfit it with a moderate lift and whatever I need for extended off grid trips. It's completely stock so the first step is to get it Line-x'd and get some storage installed for emergency gear/supplies. I'm into preparedness as well so this is an extension of that hobby. Honestly I'm very impressed with the power and handling this truck has and looking forward to having it for a long time. I'm here to learn, gather information and share my own experience, so thank you in advance to all the more experienced overlanders here.

View attachment 197133
Hello Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all, Tim B here newly transplanted to Dallas/Fort Worth area... I'm looking forward to meeting other outdoor enthusiast and sharing the trail. I've always loved the outdoors and tinkering with my rig. I recently acquired a wonderful all original Land Rover Discovery II and am just getting started making modifications, not because I have to but because I love to! I'm a husband and father to 2 daughters who I hope to instill upon the passion for outdoors and adventure.
Hello Timothy, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello My name is Robert . I have been getting very interested in overlanding for the last several years and a couple years ago picked up a 2019 dodge ram classic(warlock). Its pretty stock with minor additions and nothing to help with the out doors (YET). I am just East of the KC MO metro area.
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Overland Bound, my name is Oliver Barajas. I am located in Sonoma County, CA. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road long bed. I am new to the true BLM land style overlanding but have been campground camping my entire life. Just got my truck with overlanding in mind as I build it up to be more capable than stock. Excited to join the group and join in on some trips and meet new people. I am new to HAM radio as well, I’m the process of studying for the test, hope to learn more skills on this as well. Thanks guys!
Hello Oliver, welcome to Overland Bound.

JeepinOutdoors

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Swinner
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Don and I live in the Houston, Tx area. I bought a 2019 Jeep JLU Sport S back at the end of 2019. I still have it stock but want to start upgrading things so I can get into exploring and camping in the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Don
The JL might be stock now but not of long, remember JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
thank you so much! i will reach out to him

Mbrianm

Rank II

Contributor III

Hacienda Heights, California, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Molinar
Member #

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm around the La Mirada area in California. I'm just barley getting into Overlanding with my only two trips being in Arizona and Alabama Hills. I have done a good amount of rock crawling before that. I drive a 2018 Hellayella Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Glad to be a part of the forums look forward to learning more about overlanding.

Attachments

JeepinOutdoors

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Alvin, TX, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Swinner
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Don and I live in the Houston, Tx area. I bought a 2019 Jeep JLU Sport S back at the end of 2019. I still have it stock but want to start upgrading things so I can get into exploring and camping in the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Don
The JL might be stock now but not of long, remember JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Kent,

Is a member representative different from a regular member?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, my name is Brian and I'm around the La Mirada area in California. I'm just barley getting into Overlanding with my only two trips being in Arizona and Alabama Hills. I have done a good amount of rock crawling before that. I drive a 2018 Hellayella Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Glad to be a part of the forums look forward to learning more about overlanding.
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kent,

Is a member representative different from a regular member?
Member Representatives are members who are available to assist other members locally, they usually have been members for some time and understand the ins and outs of the forum and the community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 197133
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: solidus365

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

elysekat

Rank 0

Contributor I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Elyse
Last Name
Smith
Hey all, my name is Elyse from Massachusetts. I just got my '04 Wrangler last year and spent most of the year fixing stuff / getting it more road worthy. I have a few more projects to go (and yet to rig it for overlanding) but I'm finally beginning to look into some potential overland trips for this summer, hopefully up in northern NH to start and then northern ME as well!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Overland Bound, my name is Oliver Barajas. I am located in Sonoma County, CA. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road long bed. I am new to the true BLM land style overlanding but have been campground camping my entire life. Just got my truck with overlanding in mind as I build it up to be more capable than stock. Excited to join the group and join in on some trips and meet new people. I am new to HAM radio as well, I’m the process of studying for the test, hope to learn more skills on this as well. Thanks guys!
Welcome to Overland Bound Oliver
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is an upcoming meet-up in Rohnert Park you might be interested in;
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Cemento.Yoda

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my name is Elyse from Massachusetts. I just got my '04 Wrangler last year and spent most of the year fixing stuff / getting it more road worthy. I have a few more projects to go (and yet to rig it for overlanding) but I'm finally beginning to look into some potential overland trips for this summer, hopefully up in northern NH to start and then northern ME as well!
Welcome to Overland Bound Elyse
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova